Hapymaher -Fragmentation Dream- English Translation

Hello. I would love to know will you translate Hapymaher -Fragmentation Dream-. I still  don't quite understand is this site part of translation projects or is it only a listing of translation projects or do translators also dwell here... ? My apologies for the question but I'm quite occupied with my own goings on so I don't know when or will I read everything on the site. Thanks for taking interest in my inquiry.

https://vndb.org/v13108

Edited by Vampire Alexander

This particular title is a fandisc of a game released by Mangagamer. For this reason, it is unlikely to get translated unless Mangagamer does it themselves.

As for this forum, while some people willing to translate visual novels may be around at times, there really is little point in making threads asking for a title to be translated, for anybody that could and wanted to do so would likely start or find projects for what they're interested in, not a random request.

So, ultimately, this is simply a forum for VN fans, and some people doing translations make threads here, but that does not mean that this is a forum dedicated to translations or translators.

Whether Hapymaher FD will be translated or not is up to Purple Software seeing that they already going official, so you should ask Mangagamer in regard of this. As for whether someone can translate it or not, I would say that it's up to whoever that would willing to endure such hard and long process and want to see the FD being translated. So my answer in regard on whether you want me to translate Hapymaher FD or not is I can't do it even if I want to see it translated, and I'm sorry about that.

PS - Personally I did hope that Mangagamer working on Hapymaher FD, but if they don't do it then oh well.

Edited by littleshogun

• 6 months later...
On 8/31/2020 at 8:42 PM, Vampire Alexander said:

Hello. I would love to know will you translate Hapymaher -Fragmentation Dream-. I still  don't quite understand is this site part of translation projects or is it only a listing of translation projects or do translators also dwell here... ? My apologies for the question but I'm quite occupied with my own goings on so I don't know when or will I read everything on the site. Thanks for taking interest in my inquiry.

https://vndb.org/v13108

I've picked it up as a project.
TL;DR: Even if I can make a tl it'll most likely turn out very low quality due to lack of proper tools
Needless to say, there's a lot of text to tl, however if you're looking for more routes-forget about it. This vn simply doesn't have a single route. The limited selection of working tools is really annoying since you have to make due with what you have.. And that would be a simple string replacer which wasn't even finished, so there are problems, but I believe I found the fix for most of them.
the one thing you can't expect from this tl would be translated UI as the tool I found simply does not feature image replacement, therefor all menus will still be in japanese:
TSkRwxW.png?1
wordwrapping is another issue but it doesn't make the text unreadable.:
HoypAbN.png
backlog crashes the game and creates artifacts even when it does work:
unknown.png

1 hour ago, Grayscale said:

backlog crashes the game and creates artifacts even when it does work:
unknown.png

after an hour of digging around I managed to get myself a headache and fix the issue, however, the backlog still crashes the game when opening it after playing it for a bit of time
unknown.png
however, it still isn't perfect and once again, it still features crashes.
unknown.png

Still working on fixing the crashing, but for now I'll just post my tl progress:
files done:15/98
files undergone QC:4/98
files playtested for further tl accuracy:4/98

I will be updating this comment as I'll be making progress with the tl.

Edited by Grayscale
Progress update

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 3/10/2021 at 8:28 PM, Grayscale said:

unknown.png

After a bit of a pause on the project, I have found out the weird behavior of the backlog, turns out it's simplier than I thought, turns out that the cmvs engine only has a limited amount of lines available for the backlog, anything above 3 and it no longer has an asset for it to be placed in the backlog
unknown.png
The only fix to this is shortening the dialogue to be less than 4 lines, as the way it was done on the original hapymaher tl was made with a secondary file for having more lines in the english version, and with these tools I cannot achieve that

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/10/2021 at 6:44 PM, Grayscale said:

the one thing you can't expect from this tl would be translated UI as the tool I found simply does not feature image replacement, therefor all menus will still be in japanese:
TSkRwxW.png?1

after being fucked over by the cmvs engine one too many times, I have decided to port it over to my own custom built engine, keeping the ui as close as possible, I'll still provide the cmvs tl, but a lot still will be missing translations because of the tool limitations, however because of that same tool limitations I won't be able to extract much data from the vn other than dialogue, meaning everything else will have to be done by hand for the port, so the cmvs translation will come out faster, here's my progress so far:
cmvs on the left, custom engine port on the rightunknown.png
unknown.png

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 3/10/2021 at 6:44 PM, Grayscale said:

TSkRwxW.png?1

Shedding light on the UI situation, due to my recent discovery, I have found out a way to make UI translations work(apologies for a long wait, however I didn't have much time to work on it, and had a bunch of other side projects that needed my attention more).183889176-c6a41168-fa29-4d1b-8e5a-1819bf

which means there is no longer a need for a full engine port(thank god). as for the tl itself, not much progress has been made, as there's still a lot of stuff to check from my currently tl'd files.

On 3/10/2021 at 8:28 PM, Grayscale said:

unknown.png

the backlog situation still persists, no idea if I'll be able to find a fix for that, but I'll try.

That's all for the TL update.

Edited by Grayscale
Add information

On 8/10/2022 at 9:21 PM, Grayscale said:

Shedding light on the UI situation, due to my recent discovery, I have found out a way to make UI translations work(apologies for a long wait, however I didn't have much time to work on it, and had a bunch of other side projects that needed my attention more).183889176-c6a41168-fa29-4d1b-8e5a-1819bf

which means there is no longer a need for a full engine port(thank god). as for the tl itself, not much progress has been made, as there's still a lot of stuff to check from my currently tl'd files.

the backlog situation still persists, no idea if I'll be able to find a fix for that, but I'll try.

That's all for the TL update.

Try this tool man, test if the text is still overflow, the line breaker should be \n

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...