Do you download all vn at once or one by one?

kaazeh

1 hour ago, Stormwolf said:

People are saying it all the time for a reason. A valid one at that. I have all those 3 types of harddrives (5400rpm, 7200rpm and ssd) and i know exactly what works best where. They have their uses. Vn's you can stick whereever as they demand nothing. Games 7200rpm works (longer loading times than SSD but most games nowadays have so few loading points that it doesnt matter much). I put my FInal fantasy XIV and mmo's on a SSD though.

I'd not bother with an SSD for gaming except for MMO's that all have lots of loading and just buy a fast normal harddrive like WD Ultrastar. Not mentioning VN now as that requires nothing out of anything.

For most daily uses you won't notice the difference between a SSD and a mechanical drive. You'll feel it during installation of something, loading times in games, unpacking large files with winrar etc and searching for files using windows.

Well, those last few things along the system boot speed are already quite relevant. :3 Anyway, I mostly agree with you, I though you were talking about the difference between storage-oriented and high-performance SSDs... Which is really subject to diminishing returns, compared to HDD -> any SSD switch. There are some caveats with really super cheap/no-brand storage SSDs, that might have no cache or really shitty firmware and hurt your experience that way, but once more, if you buy from known brands and don't fish for too-good-to-be-true offers on Aliexpress, that's not something to worry about much.

Plus, you can buy a 3TB HDD for the price of a 1TB SSD... But this makes the HDD a better value proposition only under very specific circumstances: either if you need massive storage, but don't care about data transfer speeds, or if you're going to be moving around massive amounts of data, risking to burn out the cheap SSD quick with constant rewrites. For me, while I still have HDD as primary storage for my current computer, I'm definitely going full SSD with any future rig I might get, as those small performance improvements it gives sum to up something really significant. A few years ago keeping my giant hoard of VNs on an SSD might've been an expensive waste, but with how the storage prices are starting to look now, it's keeping a dedicated HDD for those few low-intensity uses that starts to feel like a bother. 😆

Well I chose my new laptop that have HDD inside of it, because currently it's cheaper compared to SSD. I mean I remember that the laptop with 512 GB SSD is more expensive than the laptop with 1 TB HDD, and besides I feel like that I'm not in urgent need for laptop with SSD yet. Although if laptop with SSD getting cheaper in the future, I may consider to get it if possible.

As for the question, I guess I can say that I'm a type of who 'prefer to download all VNs at once and choose after what to play' or in another word just like majority in that I just download the VNs that interest me to play it later (Usually at around the time when new VN releases).