The Remission Of Sins has been released on Steam! [Horror][Voice Acted][Multiple Endings][Multiple Languages]

Kyoki Chiho

Overview

file.php?id=57648&mode=view

YOUTUBE TRAILER

The Remission of Sins is a fully-voiced, multi-ending short horror visual novel. Depending on the player’s choice, it branches to 12 different endings.

Features

• Remission’s mysterious story consists of around 7k words (about an hour of gameplay) with multiple endings.
  • This game includes 8 character sprites along with 11 images of landscapes and tools.
  • The soundtrack is composed of a stunning theme song but it also counts with extensive voice acting in Japanese.
  • The game supports English, Japanese, Russian, Spanish, and Polish.

Screenshots

file.php?id=57649&mode=view

file.php?id=57650&mode=view

file.php?id=57651&mode=view

file.php?id=57652&mode=view

file.php?id=57653&mode=view

file.php?id=57654&mode=view

Available on

Steam

Edited by Kyoki Chiho

6 hours ago, Zakamutt said:

Multiple idioms what? Like a headless chicken? Too many machine translators spoil the broth?

Potentially interesting in Japanese I guess

As the post says, the game will be available in English, Japanese, German, Spanish, and Polish.

All of the idioms have been translated by human translators. I've translated the game to Spanish, for instance.

So don't worry, your chicken broth won't be spoiled. 

8 minutes ago, Kyoki Chiho said:

As the post says, the game will be available in English, Japanese, German, Spanish, and Polish.

All of the idioms have been translated by human translators. I've translated the game to Spanish, for instance.

So don't worry, your chicken broth won't be spoiled. 

Make the human translators do something about the steam store page description lol

I still don't get what the heck "multiple idioms" means

1 minute ago, Zakamutt said:

Make the human translators do something about the steam store page description lol

I still don't get what the heck "multiple idioms" means

Working with Japanese devs can be... Painful.

And multiple Idioms means that you'll be able to play in, well, multiple idioms, the ones listed above. 

5 minutes ago, Kyoki Chiho said:

Working with Japanese devs can be... Painful.

And multiple Idioms means that you'll be able to play in, well, multiple idioms, the ones listed above. 

Looks the post and Steam page over nope, not seeing any idioms.

I must admit I can only judge quality by what I can see, and all English text available looked like, well, it looks. If this somehow turns out decent, godspeed.

1 minute ago, Zakamutt said:

Looks the post and Steam page over nope, not seeing any idioms.

I must admit I can only judge quality by what I can see, and all English text available looked like, well, it looks. If this somehow turns out decent, godspeed.

The idioms will be available when the game is available. Right now, it's under review. Two weeks until it's approved and it can be released.

Perhaps you're talking about localization?

And on the store page, you can perfectly see the supported languages on the right.

First you tell me there's some kind of "list" of "idioms" "above", but now you tell me they're not available? I really do not understand what you are trying to say.

To explain my own point on "I can only judge based on what I see", I can certainly see the supported languages on the right, but I can see no screenshots in English to base any judgements of the translation on. As such, the default assumption (now that you say a human did it) would be that they got some Japanese native with half-baked English skills to do it and the the result is going to look like some variation of phoenix drive's illustrious localization.

Okay, maybe not quite that bad. Call me a skeptic though.

4 minutes ago, Zakamutt said:

First you tell me there's some kind of "list" of "idioms" "above", but now you tell me they're not available? I really do not understand what you are trying to say.

To explain my own point on "I can only judge based on what I see", I can certainly see the supported languages on the right, but I can see no screenshots in English to base any judgements of the translation on. As such, the default assumption (now that you say a human did it) would be that they got some Japanese native with half-baked English skills to do it and the the result is going to look like some variation of phoenix drive's illustrious localization.

Okay, maybe not quite that bad. Call me a skeptic though.

Features -> 4th point

That's a list of idioms. 

And they're not available because you can't download the game, can you?

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is very simple: you'll be able to play the game in different idioms.

What's so hard to understand?

As for the translator, they hired someone with experience translating Japanese games to English. This is not his first rodeo. But yeah, you won't be able to judge until you play it.

People do not generally use "multiple idioms" to mean "multiple-language release" or "multi-language" for short.  There is some use of "idiom" to mean "way of speaking / acting" but this is not really used for languages the way the title wants it to be — generally the form used for this meaning is "In the X idiom", for example "In the Renaissance idiom" and we can see here that style or fashion would probably be a better gloss than language. The meaning that would be most obvious to anyone reading, however, is a group of words whose meaning considered as a unit is different from the meanings of each word considered separately (Cambridge dictionary). This is why I used two idioms, one modified, in my initial post as a humorous way of showing my confusion.

Either way, sure, the tl may or may not be good. I suppose we will know in due time.

6 minutes ago, Zakamutt said:

People do not generally use "multiple idioms" to mean "multiple-language release" or "multi-language" for short.  There is some use of "idiom" to mean "way of speaking / acting" but this is not really used for languages the way the title wants it to be — generally the form used for this meaning is "In the X idiom", for example "In the Renaissance idiom" and we can see here that style or fashion would probably be a better gloss than language. The meaning that would be most obvious to anyone reading, however, is a group of words whose meaning considered as a unit is different from the meanings of each word considered separately (Cambridge dictionary). This is why I used two idioms, one modified, in my initial post as a humorous way of showing my confusion.

Either way, sure, the tl may or may not be good. I suppose we will know in due time.

I changed the title to avoid similar misunderstandings in the future. Thank you for your time.