The Ramblings Of A Ronin

roninmedia

Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm an older visual novel player who played my first visual novel back in 2001. I dropped off the map with visual novels for a period of time due to playing lots of StarCraft 2 and MOBAs the past few years.

Job: Pharmacist

Favorite Anime: Kaze no Tani no Nausicaa

Favorite Manga: Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou

Favorite Visual Novel: N/A

First Anime:Doraemon

First Manga: Dragonball

First Visual Novel: Love Hina Advance

Hey~

I hope you enjoy the forums. You may not have a favorite one, but do you remember any VN that you played besides Love Hina Advance?

Anyway, welcome~

Did not own a living room console from ~1998 to Nov 2012. Pretty much played SC/SC2/Mobas + visual novels + emulators during that time.

1. Bible Black
  2. BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger
  3. Clannad
  4. Cross†Channel
  5. Da Capo
  6. Discipline
  7. ef - a fairy tale of the two
  8. Ever17 -the out of infinity-
  9. Fate/stay night
  10. Gadget Trial
  11. Heart De Roommate
  12. Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
  13. Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai
  14. Hitozuma Hime Club
  15. Hoshizora no Memoria -Wish upon a Shooting Star-
  16. If My Heart Had Wings
  17. Kana - Little Sister
  18. Kanon
  19. Katawa Shoujo
  20. Kimi ga Nozomu Eien
  21. Love Hina Advance
  22. Muv-Luv
  23. Princess Lover
  24. Princess Waltz
  25. Private Nurse
  26. Saya no Uta
  27. School Days
  28. Sengoku Rance
  29. Shinseiki Evangelion Koutetsu no Girlfriend
  30. Shinseiki Evangelion Koutetsu no Girlfriend 2nd
  31. Sister Princess
  32. Sister Princess 2
  33. Shuffle!
  34. Tears to Tiara
  35. The Sagara Family
  36. Tsukihime
  37. Umineko no Naku Koro ni
  38. Viper GTS
  39. Walkure Romanze

Future Play List: Muv-Luv Alternative, Little Busters!, Tomoyo After, Utawarerumono, Stein's Gate, Kamidori Alchemy Meister

Hi and welcome to the forums!

You have a real variety of vn there.. what's your favourite genre?

My favorite game genre of all time is the sRPG or tRPG. So I will almost always be willing to play a visual novel that includes that as a gameplay element. However, they do tend to fall short in terms of story and plotline compared to the better non-gameplay visual novels. For visual novels without "gameplay", I prefer slice of life with romance thrown in just like my anime/manga. Eroge is neither a deal breaker nor deal maker.

I have played some gore VNs, but they really are at the bottom of my list of genres I like.

Welcome!  Glad to have you with us.

Pharmacy is cool!  How did you like pharm school?  We've got a few other people in the forums who were/are pre-pharm -- if you ever feel like giving application advice or sharing experiences from your pharm program, I'm sure they'd appreciate it.  (I'm taking the med path, but wont start until next May-August (depending on where I go)).  

Welcome!  Glad to have you with us.

Pharmacy is cool!  How did you like pharm school?  We've got a few other people in the forums who were/are pre-pharm -- if you ever feel like giving application advice or sharing experiences from your pharm program, I'm sure they'd appreciate it.  (I'm taking the med path, but wont start until next May-August (depending on where I go)).  

I actually graduated from pharmacy school in 2012. Currently licensed in Florida and Texas and work for a retail pharmacy. But at the same time, I'm getting my Master of Science in Health Informatics to get a clinical job to move to pharmacy informatics.

• 4 weeks later...