What VN do you wish to translate?

Novel21

Let's say you get chance to become translator or get chance to join translator group.

Which few or more VN do you want to translate?

feel free to provide information about VN and show VN you want to translate and why you want to translate it?

Should i become translator or join translator group, here it's few VN i want to translate.

1. Akaneiro ni Somaru Saka ( I have watch anime and i simple feel in love with anime and i have always dream to play VN and it have beautiful story. 

2. Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi ( same with Akeneiro and i love rivalty in anime)

3. D.C. Girl's Symphony ~Da Capo Girl's Symphony~( it sems to have great story and i wonder how game it's differnt from other Da Capo games) 

4. Mashiro Iro Symphony(I just love this anime of it more than Akeneiro and Hoshizora, it have beautiful story with great romance and rivalty)

5.Memories Off(Memories off seems to have great plot with drama and romance, i wonder how other memories off serie are)

Duelist x Engage (Was my first JVN that I 100%ed, so I have some kind of attachment to it. It actually has really good heroine routes, except for two of the heroines who I think are just joke route. Unfortunately, maybe because the common route is rather cliche or lacking, it is not that popular. So I want to show other people that this JVN is actually good, except for the two heroines. The author is Konno Asta who also wrote If My Heart Had Wings. So in a way, I would like more of his work to be known)

Spoiler

FU5GDy9.jpg

Spoiler

n3xRSY7.png

Spoiler

VhKXlEM.png

Edited by Fuez

It's a small dream of mine to work with translation to some extent at some point, but my Japanese isn't nearly good enough to even consider it right now. If I had the means for it, I'd probably go for something like the Kazoku Keikaku remake, Konosora Snow Presents or one of the other Asta VNs currently unavailable in English.
I'd like to see English translations for Muramasa, White Album 2 and a whole bunch of other VNs too, but there's a bit of a difference between wanting something translated and actually wanting to translate them myself.

I get that this is not strictly on topic, but...

It's perfectly fine to learn things as you go!
My philosophy is to never wait around for something until you're "good enough to do it" under some arbitrary measure, because then you're wasting time, and time is the most precious resource of all. Additionally, I firmly believe that hands-on work is the fastest way to learn practically anything.

Of course it helps if you can be realistic about where you are skill-wise and what you need to do to grow (i.e. you're past the first Dunning-Kruger peak), but there's no reason not to start whatever it is you want to do right now.

Now, if your work is atrocious, people will tell you for sure, but very few are actually malicious enough to fault you for trying. You can safely ignore those few and try again or keep going.

Coincidentally, I'm translating Manakashi no Yuri wa Akaku Somaru. Why that one? Meh, no particular reason, really.

Riddle me this: People fan translate because of their passion for Visual novels and learning Japanese. They can select anything they want as they won't get paid for their work. Absolutely anything. What do they pick 9/10 times? More moe yawnfests with regurgitated characters, personalities with a nonsensical or nonexistent plot. Might not even be short VN's. 

On 8/28/2020 at 11:48 AM, Stormwolf said:

Riddle me this: People fan translate because of their passion for Visual novels and learning Japanese. They can select anything they want as they won't get paid for their work. Absolutely anything. What do they pick 9/10 times? More moe yawnfests with regurgitated characters, personalities with a nonsensical or nonexistent plot. Might not even be short VN's. 

This are just my personal opinion that should be treated as a grain of salt rather than taken as it is. 
1. It is evidence that moege is actually quite popular, despite how a part of the vn community thinks that it is just a lump of diabetes. (I mean look at Nekopara)

2. Because moege has simple story. Meaning, it is easier to translate. Hence, for translators who are still lacking in translating experience and would like to get that experience, moege is a very tempting choice, rather they can't go wrong with it. (I mean you can't expect a rookie translator to translate something like Dies Irae right?)
3. Just general assumption, most fan translation are made by translators who are still new because they want to get experience. We should expect larger portion of veteran translator to not be involved in fan translation projects because they want to get paid jobs because they want to make a living.

Edited by Fuez

• 2 months later...
17 hours ago, SaberAlter said:

I really really want (4) https://vndb.org/v1552 to be translated

Ah, Mashiro Iro Symphony :abilove:  I haven't seen the anime, but I played this, and it's perhaps the greatest moege I've ever played. Indeed, it would be nice if it got translated release, since more people could experience its greatness :)