Looking for pretending to be weak protagonist

Markan

Well, it is a pretty common trope in fantasy light novels, but I can't really think of any VNs that would fit your requirements exactly.

I haven't played this VN since it isn't translated so I'm unsure if this recommendation is correct, but perhaps Koisuru Otome to Shugo no Tate will work?

Probably not what you're asking for, but Chuusotsu! 1st graduation may fit in some very broad sense (though it doesn't have any combat).

Spoiler

The three protagonists are supposed to be completely useless, but it appears that at least two (or, most likely, all of them) have some sort of strong hidden ability. It will probably become more important in the sequels.

Ou no Mimi ni wa Todokanai (protagonist is a master assassin, but he pretends to be a lazy good-for-nothing in his twenties during the day while patrolling the village at night)

World Election (Protagonist is easily one of the three most powerful beings in the world on a personal level but he doesn't think of himself that way and most people dismiss him)

What you're looking for is extremely common in fantasy isekai, for instance, but VNs are a bit different.

The part where the protagonist pretends to be weaker than he is (physically or otherwise) can be found in VNs, but naming them would actually spoil the VNs as these cases tend to be plot twists.

19 minutes ago, Clephas said:

World Election (Protagonist is easily one of the three most powerful beings in the world on a personal level but he doesn't think of himself that way and most people dismiss him)

That one looks very interesting, I'm gonna give a try, thanks a lot.

On 8/20/2020 at 10:57 PM, Mr Poltroon said:

What you're looking for is extremely common in fantasy isekai, for instance, but VNs are a bit different.

The part where the protagonist pretends to be weaker than he is (physically or otherwise) can be found in VNs, but naming them would actually spoil the VNs as these cases tend to be plot twists.

Just like the OP, I love this kind of stories and I've already read most of the VNs I got recommended (mainly by Clephas by the way, thanks again) : if you can recommend some, I'd like you to even if that means spoiling me a little.

Could you do it either with a spoiler tag or by PMing me ?

EDIT : by the way, I read VNs in Japanese or English.

Edited by Bredan
Adding informations