Halloween!

meru

I would crossplay as something cause maybe my hair's long enough now for something (or not) (is it even considered crossplay for me now?) (ah well. out of scope anyways ww)

seriously though...

I actually have the Halloween day off...

but the day after I have to work... like 6am shift (6am-3pm) so I wouldn't be able to participate in anything anyways :s

Here some people attempt to bring halloween every year even though i live in a small town full of old people who don't even know what that is.

The best part is seeing kids ringing doorbells and asking for candy and getting kicked out and even get the police on them because they wake them up at like 10pm. 

• 11 months later...

Going to dress up as the ghost that haunts my house (ie everybody inside is dead so you won't get candy here)

You're worse than those people who give out apple to kids! Well, actually that's really bad but still.

I'll probably be at a party or something, no one's made any plans yet. Halloween's on Friday night this year so I don't have to worry about showing up to work hungover in the morning.

Hmmm, unless I randomly get invited to a party from one the few friends who live near me, I'll probs be chillin like a villain. Actually that's the day of my physics test, so I'll probably get home and perform the ultimate lazing. ^^ I'm so boring

Theres a lot of children in my area lately due to probably all the new housing and young couples moving in.

Ive thought of setting up the front area of my house, and a rocking chair waiting for kids to come by and pass out candy. But im really bad and awkward with kids. I tend to lose my temper easily with brats especially. Nevermind.

Halloween was always my favorite Holiday as a kid. Growing up I watched *a lot* of horror movies, and Halloween - hell, the entire month of October - was a pretty good excuse to binge watch both my favorites and discover new goodies. In high school, it was an excuse to go out with friends and party. Now, it doesn't really have any luster remaining for me. I guess can be said for most Holidays though. I still try to at least watch 1 horror movie every Halloween though, for traditional purposes. This month will be The Sacrement (TI West hasn't missed the mark for me yet, so I have decent expectations for this one) and VHS: Viral,

Halloween was always my favorite Holiday as a kid. Growing up I watched *a lot* of horror movies, and Halloween - hell, the entire month of October - was a pretty good excuse to binge watch both my favorites and discover new goodies. In high school, it was an excuse to go out with friends and party. Now, it doesn't really have any luster remaining for me. I guess can be said for most Holidays though. I still try to at least watch 1 horror movie every Halloween though, for traditional purposes. This month will be The Sacrement (TI West hasn't missed the mark for me yet, so I have decent expectations for this one) and VHS: Viral,

I agree, a lot of the fun is gone for me as well anymore.   I stopped going out a long time ago so I basically just sit on my porch and hand out candy to people, which is still fun but nothing to get overly hyped about.  

But in all seriousness. (And cause I don't have enough spare cash to afford a $60 cosplay.) I'm probably gonna stay indoors all night and watch disturbing movies and gorge myself on candy. Human Centipede, A Serbian film, Antichrist, trying to pull a list together.

Same thing I do every year: go out and light fireworks all over the place, and be a general nuisance to the community. Pretty typical way to celebrate over here for my age group. :P

Might make a bonfire as well. 

Speaking of which, do other countries associate fireworks and bonfires with Halloween? We do bonfires here because it's how the original Celtic holiday was  traditionally celebrated, so maybe Scotland and Wales do as well? I live in Ireland, BTW.