Halloween!

meru

Do you have plans for Halloween this year? Party? Cosplay? Movie marathon?

I'm going to a big party hosted by a friend this Friday and my outfit is... pink-haired catgirl! Nyan! Totally not Halloween themed but I wanted an excuse to do it ^.^

you just have to upload some photos off you cosplaying or dressing up whatever you want to call it

^ That horny teenager.

To be honest I didn't really dress up ever since being a kid. Most parties over here don't require you to and I'm just like super uncreative when it comes to things like that.

If anything it's just as good a conversation starter as a costume would be: "So, who're you supposed to be?" - "That asshole coming to a dress-up party as himself."

One year when I was younger I managed to get away with hiding on the roof of my parents' house.  I was using an air-soft gun I bought that year with the cash I made working part time, and was shooting the ground near kids' feet.  It was rather hilarious considering nobody could find out where they were coming from.

This year I just plan on being a dick by pretending I'm not home so that the kids will feel dejected and leave with nothing.

Unfortunately, I'll have a class that night. Come to think of it, I haven't really done anything for Halloween for the last couple of years, actually.

I'm a bit of a horror aficionado though, so I at least got to pick a decent horror flick for that night.

you just have to upload some photos off you cosplaying or dressing up whatever you want to call it

Haha, maybe, if I get some good ones.

Halloween isn't really celebrated here. The closest you get is stores using it as an excuse to make you buy cheap plastic pumpkins and such. When I was a child even that didn't occur and I only knew about the existence of Halloween from American cartoons.

Halloween is really big in Japan these days - mostly as an excuse to party while not wearing much XD

Cosplaying as Naoto Shirogane! Can't wait to have blue hair! ^^

Sounds awesome! Pics?

On the 31st I'll actually be in a hotel at the airport (travelling to Singapore in the morning), but maybe I can watch a few movies on my phone.. any excuse to watch horror movies! Any recommendations? Maybe something a bit more obscure.. I've seen most of the major ones e.g. Halloween, Friday 13th, Nightmare on Elm Street etc.

On the 31st I'll actually be in a hotel at the airport (travelling to Singapore in the morning), but maybe I can watch a few movies on my phone.. any excuse to watch horror movies! Any recommendations? Maybe something a bit more obscure.. I've seen most of the major ones e.g. Halloween, Friday 13th, Nightmare on Elm Street etc.

The Cabin in the Woods is pretty good. I would also checkout Tucker and Dale vs Evil. It's one of those comedy horrors.

[REC] (2007), Session 9 (2001), The Conjuring (2013), Let the Right One In (2008), The Poughkeepsie Tapes (2007), The Descent (2007), Audition (1999).

Tried to spread those out for different tastes and flavors.

EDIT: Oh, and Dream Home (2010). Without a doubt my favorite slasher of the last decade.

The Cabin in the Woods is pretty good. I would also checkout Tucker and Dale vs Evil. It's one of those comedy horrors.

I've seen them both XD I really loved Cabin in the Woods, probably one of my fave movies. A must-see for any horror fan.

[REC] (2007), Session 9 (2001), The Conjuring (2013), Let the Right One In (2008), The Poughkeepsie Tapes (2007), The Descent (2007), Audition (1999).

Tried to spread those out for different tastes and flavors.

EDIT: Oh, and Dream Home (2010). Without a doubt my favorite slasher of the last decade.

I haven't seen Session 9 or The Poughkeepsie Tapes so I'll check those out, thanks. And I LOVE slasher flicks so Dream House seems like an excellent choice!

Last year I had the day off, (actually the week off) because of Hurricane Sandy. Thankfully it didn't effect or damage my neighborhood so I spent the time playing G-Senjou no Maou. This year however, I have classes and essays to write. Hurrah for Halloween, a holiday that doesn't even provide a day off... 

The shop was out of the kind of cat ears I wanted, so I got bunny ears instead XD

Last year I had the day off, (actually the week off) because of Hurricane Sandy. Thankfully it didn't effect or damage my neighborhood so I spent the time playing G-Senjou no Maou. This year however, I have classes and essays to write. Hurrah for Halloween, a holiday that doesn't even provide a day off... 

Halloween should totally be a national holiday!!