Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Plastic Memories

Suzukuri Karin-chan / Last game of Bunny Black dev team [ENG Translation Project]-A Shin Koihime Musou spinoff

next_0270pl.jpg

Title Suzukuri Karin-chan
Original title 巣作りカリンちゃん
Aliases Be my servant!
Length Long (30 - 50 hours)
Developer KarinProject & SofthouseChara
Publishers KarinProject
Relations
Shares characters
Shin Koihime † Musou ~Otome Ryouran ☆...
Links VNStat

Description

Kazuto is an ordinary adventurer who was considering quitting since his friends had left and his job prospects seemed bleak. That was when the Gyungyuska Company reached out to him. Directed by a girl named Fuu, he came in contact with the ‘labyrinth’ and the ‘Demon queen’. But why did an adventurer like him meet and be tasked with her revival? Who exactly is the ‘Demon queen Karin’? One thing led to another and he ended up as the manager of the labyrinth.

Translation Status/ Update : English/On going (UI patch first because this is my first time.After that if i can get enough support donation from you guys, I will considers and working with @darksshades  (a.k.a Gust -he made BunnyBlack3 UI Patch)+ @tester-https://vndb.org/u149500 a Russian hacking guy to make Dialogue ENG Patch .

Currently ENG Prologue is now 100%
Help Menu in-game (Play Manual/Gameplay Tips-which RUS UI patch don't have) : 100%

Translating UI and Editing : 5%

Unit Skill translation 100%

Betatest Prologue Patch is out (for testing only , don't try if you are not into crash/bugs/hacking/playtesting)

Install RUS UI patch first , then my Betatest Prologue patch (just copy paste into game folder)

The Reasons as to why

119746359_145964163646067_64315951890417

Member : PlasticMemories ( me as Translator / Editor/ Tester- sound ridiculous i know :D But lets see how far this project and me can go, better than waitting for someone :) )

Recruiting: Quality Checker/ Game engine Coder/ HEX Editing game files ( solve problems relating to in-game translation. I don't know shit about programming lol)

P/s: want somebody to join with me (contact through FB /Fuwa/or tbhoang12@gmail.com) with HEX edit/Programming/Hacking experience and Quality Checker - edit English script,check typos grammar,adjust paragraphs.

Since English is not my native language.

Basically i'm a fan of Koihime series, tired of waitting 4 the new Shin Koihime ENG Translation (https://vndb.org/v1967 The translator saidthat they are still working but holy Koihime >> it's been so slow over 4 years from 2016  LOL). So i've decied with my inner-weeb that i will translate this Koihime spin-off game in the meantime (at least there is still hope in me with Half life Alyx release!)

76j8w78mo8g51.jpg?width=1024&format=pjpg

Let me tell you this game has SOUL! The soul of Softhouse Chara team with their last project before went bankrupt , the core-essence gameplay from their's previous game in the past ( most notable is BunnyBlack series), story of Koihime world-NEXTON collab ( involve multiverse theory,time travel, Edge of Tomorrow,time loop .. you can see MC Kazuto from Koihime is now in a different timeline). Dont be fooled by this "Koihime spin-off " game!

From my personal experience with this game , i can say it's like a combination of :

Rance X (time loop/ world tree-multiverse theory) + Arknight (use either your hero or demon queen Karin/her demon general-subordinates or both to defend the labyrinth, plus their Speacial skill at the right moments) + Bunny Black (maze management of course it's SofthouseChara main titles)

The story is not mind blowing or excellent but if you are Koihime fan you will be sastified . This is not a huge problem because this game focus on gameplay and im sure you will like it! I can feel the passion of dev team inside this last game , try new things , going all out with ideas- nothing to lose spirit ! (and their limited budget when they know even with NEXTON support can't save SofthouseChara from inevitable bankruptcy :( / harsh life in Japan Eroge Industry- you can see this by the fact that our MC boy Kazuto,is only voiced in Main Menu )

All update about my English translation /Please drop by my FB and giving me your criticism to help me improve my translation ( although my skill is not top notch translator in the hole industry, but i will stay true and close with the Japanese script as much as i can "no Broski@ArunaruLiberalTranslation") .Thanks in advance and here are some more in-game comparisions.

Japanese in-game Tips

l4h0rxwfp8g51.jpg?width=664&format=pjpg&

My English Translated in-game Tips

yz6jpgsip8g51.jpg?width=852&format=pjpg&

118398178_138722991036851_64724921397911

Thanks @starik222 ,Russian Team Leader UI Patch for helping me with script engine problem !

120260760_150950583147425_14227828814690

P/s:  so apparently some NEXTON "English speaking-employees or whatever" asked a 3rd party called "Ethics Organization of Computer Software JP" (ohhh i'm so scare , don't bully me Ethical 40 years old hypocrit Ojii-sans onegai plz lol)-then asked FB to take down my images . As you guys can see, this has a big impact "cough"... Wait I can upload images to another platform right ? (lol x2 inside)

119634972_145974443645039_66871086940587

So this has proved to me "the NEXTON greedy way" in treating their foreign Gaijin fans -[ How dare U translate our glorious Nippon product without our-ru pamisshion filthy gaijin!] . I can't translate this game anymore bye..... Oh Chottowaite I can Desune ?(lol x3 Victory streak )

Edited by Plastic Memories
Unit Skill TL 100%- take this NEXTON . Don't mess with Foreigner Fans !

6 hours ago, Silvz said:

I'll be honest here. There are lots of typos and grammar erros in your post. You should get someone else to edit the text.

Thanks 4 your constructive criticism , English is not my native language but since nobody else want to actually sitdown and do the job ... well i will edit my post and see if anyone want to edit script 

Ok now i've encountered a new problem about Edit/Complie images

G7A1oIOKCcgFgHsnMxyLe64pI2vK_WyC8GgX5ENT

When i rename manually my .PNG image format into the game format .AGF ,and compile back into" help.vfs "( contains Manual /Instruction on how to play the game) ,open game to play test>> this happen :(

The error box says in JP " Cant read the file", i can click OK to continue play the game ( no game crash) ,but my English translated image is disappeared in-game . Can someone help me solve this ? 

P/s: I think i will need a software that can convert PNG to .AGF (Softhouse Chara's game file format for images/backgrounds/CG. If someone knows please give me download link

error image

On 8/15/2020 at 9:36 PM, Plastic Memories said:

Ok now i've encountered a new problem about Edit/Complie images

G7A1oIOKCcgFgHsnMxyLe64pI2vK_WyC8GgX5ENT

When i rename manually my .PNG image format into the game format .AGF ,and compile back into" help.vfs "( contains Manual /Instruction on how to play the game) ,open game to play test>> this happen :(

The error box says in JP " Cant read the file", i can click OK to continue play the game ( no game crash) ,but my English translated image is disappeared in-game . Can someone help me solve this ? 

P/s: I think i will need a software that can convert PNG to .AGF (Softhouse Chara's game file format for images/backgrounds/CG. If someone knows please give me download link

Posted my thread on VNDB Discussion board / Prologue ENG 30%

Bump

Recently when i was discussing about game-engine and porting English-Translated images files, apparently some NEXTON employee has read the game's VNDB page and told the mod of VNDB taken down my thread (LOL i'm famous now )

Lucky for me,the VNDB mod is a nice guy ,he just make our's discussion thread private and  i can still talking with @tester (a VNDB member with knowledge about VN data extract/compiling, this dude rocks!) 

jYblE-yZVp_bOXV3USRPplRHB4rOJ5iX7cIjf6OY

What a day to become an English VN Translator :)

Edited by Mr Poltroon
Removed Patreon page.

1 hour ago, Plastic Memories said:

You are absolutely right about CRASHES OMG ,im using softwares inside bbtool.zip (link from 1 thread about Bunnyblack3 translation by Aroduc-translator of Seiha team) . Here is how my translation nightmare ^^:

1/I use GARBro to extract data from .VFS game file , quite simple. I've extracted images into .PNG format (one Russian hacker told me so on VNDB, and then NEXTON come and asked VNDB Mod take down my translation thread LOL what a bunch of greedy capitalist)

2/Then i editing those PNG images (over 1000 baby ) and use ALDExplorer2 inside bbtool.zip to Import them back .VFS game file >> and then it always CRASH ( i'm mean 99/100 times CRASH) when i'm saving .VFS files or during that compiling process @@ .I think my ALDExplorer2 is the old outdated version like you've stated above.

3/I need Programmer /Hacker (to edit game files ). The main reason is if not >> i will have to leave most Character's names/Weapon name/Skill name/Location name un-translated due to them being hard-coded into game engine. I'm just a translator/editor here lol, all i can do is translating dialogues.

Lucky for me, that Russian guy has promised to help and leaved his email for me (but he said that he don't have too much time everyday so can't expect much). At least he has compiled a.VFS file with my ENG translated main menu.PNG successfully as an example >>he said that it is possible , but somehow ican't do it like he did without game errors ( and CRASH )

Basically the game won't "recognized" my .AGF converted images inside .VFS game file and the main menu is"blank" like this[ =.=]';'';

If you can please comment and help me at my Translation Project topic/ or my FB page. 

P/s:i'm don't like using Discord but i will try extract images into BMP format instead of PNG ,and edit/complie them back using my ALDExplorer. If you are using "new and won't crash" ALDExplorer2 please send link for me 

So.... I've never actually used ALDExplorer.
All interface translation patches that I did(image translation+names/descriptions of rpg elements) I extract the .vfs files with WizardClimberDecrypt.... if there are .agf files I use vfstools to unpack them, edit, and repack again as .agf when needed.
After that I just repack everything back with WizardClimberDecrypt.

The only problem that I had was that I had a version of wizardclimberDecrypt that crashed when trying to repack the dialogue(box.vfs) but worked perfectly with the interface text files(obj.vfs) and another version that worked with the dialogue but crashed with the interface. I don't think the images .vfs were ever a problem in relation to crashes.
Also I found out that when editing the dialogue(box.vfs) and repacking it back on bunny black 3, the face image on the dialogue on the dungeons was getting distorted but I managed to fix it here pretty easily. It was not recognizing an unknown tag and the default behavior was skipping a few extra args on the function making the face image go to the wrong position.

So yeah... my best suggestion is that you try to unpack/repack it with wizardclimberDecrypt first. So far it worked pretty well for all the games that I tried. I think the more recent one that I used it on was Noroi no Maken and Ryouichi Kizoku. 

PS: I feel you there for those hard-coded names. I had to abandon the skill names translations for wizardclimber because there were basically hard-coded for event flags. Also bunny black 3's building names(On that one I put the building name on the first line of descriptions and the icon was an image so only the info panel was needed to be kept the jap name).

PPS: Not sure how karin files works but if you see duplicated item names on the obj.vfs files then you might be good. It means one of them is the game internal hard-coded string and the second one is the displayed string. You just have to make sure you understand the format and always edit the displayed name and leave the reference strings alone untranslated. Unfortunately its not always the case for everything on the same game like I bb3 and wizard climber above.

i'm using GARBro on github to extract .vfs game file into BMP is that ok ?

Because when i using your vfstool ,it extract "reversed images and mirrored" ,i can't even read mirrored icon not to mention edit them 

I think they use new engine because i saw Aoi5.dll , meanwhile BunnyBlack and other old games of SofthouseChara have Aoi4.dll. Unfortunately i'm editing PNG images , can i use photoshop to save /convert them to BMP ?

P/s: SOLVED by @darksshades (aka @Gustjc) through Discord, thanks man!

Here is his vfstools.zip incase anyone need and the method

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LKdY6daaV4d57RI9d4sUvH8APa-m8RXm/view?usp=sharing

__ vfsArchive-> unpack vfs to a folder to get the .agf's copy the .agf to a folder to edit the images Select all .agf and drag&drog them on agf2bmp.exe(put it inside the save folder also) might take a while but it'll generate the .bmp open the .bmp in photoshop, flip vertically the image, edit them, flip vertically again and save as .bmp 32bits save the edited bmp overriding the extracted bmp because the filename is important open vfsArchive.exe again and agf.bmp.... select all of the edited .bmp's and wait for it.... the program will show as not responding while it's converting if there are too many files but you can just wait for it Copy all the .agf files from the folder to the original extracted folder and override everything. on vfsArchives->pack vfs DONE __Prologue_English_Menu.png?width=759&heig

how to .VFS file SofthouseChara Aoi engine

I decided to write here, maybe it will be useful to someone else. If you took the Russian interface as a basis, then you need to know some points.
The main problem with the engine is that the names in the data tables (obj files) are identifiers, so changing them will break the game. Also, some of the text is hardcoded into an executable file. In this regard, the only way out was to substitute the text in memory. First, there is a search and replacement of texts in the executable file from mem.dat (i.e., if the original text matches, the link from the original to the translation is replaced), and already during the game, the texts from dict.dat are replaced. To edit dict.dat and mem.dat, you must use EditDictonary (for convenience, you can copy the program to the game folder so that you do not copy the dictionaries each time).
The text is also not so simple, before displaying the text, the engine adds tags to it that are responsible for various characteristics of the font. For example, "[S12bc8r60]追い返した" will mean that the font size is 12, bold, color 8, the maximum length is 60 bytes (30 characters, then the text will wrap to the next line). These parameters are hard-coded in the executable file, but often have to be changed in order for the text to display properly. The archive contains the debug Ags5.dll, with it the displayed text (along with the tags) will fall into text.txt, and using them you can already search for the original string in the executable file (via a hex editor) and then insert this line into mem.dat and change it as you like.
The editor itself (vfsArchive) I slightly corrected, translated into English part of the interface. The editor has everything you need:
- Unpacking and packing vfs
- unpacking and packing images, it is advisable to do this: "agf to bmp" -> "RotateBMP" -> edit bmp -> "RotateBPM" -> "bmp to agf"
- Unpacking and packing box. The output is text files that can be edited and then packed. I would not recommend using WizardClimberDecrypt for scripts, because since Planet Dragon is not working correctly. And if I'm not mistaken, the problem was with the names. In the editor, its modified version.
- Editing obj files. There are many useful things in the editor. You cannot enable the "Change links" option! This is an unsuccessful attempt to restore links between tables.

Regarding the display of text, try using the original PgsvTd.dll, in theory, with it the English text should be displayed normally (although the font itself will return to MS Gothic).
Judging by the screenshots, you didn't translate the names in the prologue, why? or is it an old version and they are now translated?

I apologize for my English, or rather for the English google translator, he just can't learn English. 😃

Tool Archive: https://mega.nz/file/Gtp0AQKR#FyFod8VrKSVpTXJnIzdww13QK0GQ32W9MF76RSam4Go

Edited by starik222

On 9/5/2020 at 8:23 PM, starik222 said:

I decided to write here, maybe it will be useful to someone else. If you took the Russian interface as a basis, then you need to know some points.
The main problem with the engine is that the names in the data tables (obj files) are identifiers, so changing them will break the game. Also, some of the text is hardcoded into an executable file. In this regard, the only way out was to substitute the text in memory. First, there is a search and replacement of texts in the executable file from mem.dat (i.e., if the original text matches, the link from the original to the translation is replaced), and already during the game, the texts from dict.dat are replaced. To edit dict.dat and mem.dat, you must use EditDictonary (for convenience, you can copy the program to the game folder so that you do not copy the dictionaries each time).
The text is also not so simple, before displaying the text, the engine adds tags to it that are responsible for various characteristics of the font. For example, "[S12bc8r60]追い返した" will mean that the font size is 12, bold, color 8, the maximum length is 60 bytes (30 characters, then the text will wrap to the next line). These parameters are hard-coded in the executable file, but often have to be changed in order for the text to display properly. The archive contains the debug Ags5.dll, with it the displayed text (along with the tags) will fall into text.txt, and using them you can already search for the original string in the executable file (via a hex editor) and then insert this line into mem.dat and change it as you like.
The editor itself (vfsArchive) I slightly corrected, translated into English part of the interface. The editor has everything you need:
- Unpacking and packing vfs
- unpacking and packing images, it is advisable to do this: "agf to bmp" -> "RotateBMP" -> edit bmp -> "RotateBPM" -> "bmp to agf"
- Unpacking and packing box. The output is text files that can be edited and then packed. I would not recommend using WizardClimberDecrypt for scripts, because since Planet Dragon is not working correctly. And if I'm not mistaken, the problem was with the names. In the editor, its modified version.
- Editing obj files. There are many useful things in the editor. You cannot enable the "Change links" option! This is an unsuccessful attempt to restore links between tables.

Regarding the display of text, try using the original PgsvTd.dll, in theory, with it the English text should be displayed normally (although the font itself will return to MS Gothic).
Judging by the screenshots, you didn't translate the names in the prologue, why? or is it an old version and they are now translated?

I apologize for my English, or rather for the English google translator, he just can't learn English. 😃

Tool Archive: https://mega.nz/file/Gtp0AQKR#FyFod8VrKSVpTXJnIzdww13QK0GQ32W9MF76RSam4Go

First thank you for your Tool archives, well atleast you do know English so if there are any mistakes in Google Trans of your message , i can ask you again !

About Prologue , you can download my betatest prologue to see for yourself . I had translated (almost) every important character's names so i can playtest the game . There is also Helping tips in-game translated into ENG (which your RUS patch didn't have)   , so readers even without JP knowledge can play the game with VNR right now

119706832_145975976978219_12085282528360

If Google translation is not wrong , do you mean why is only "Prologue Button" in Main Menu translated into Eng ? Well the reason is i don't have time ,so i will have to focus on translating "important Interface images" (like gameplay UI- Kazuto room screen...etc) ,and solving coding problems with Softhouse Chara Engine like you said above .

I have ZERO experience when it comes to HEX editing or programming , so i will try to follow your advice .If I mess up somehow maybe I will have to asking you to do it for me lol ! 

If anything unfortunate happens , i will send details for you through your site support email.

4 hours ago, Plastic Memories said:

First thank you for your Tool archives, well atleast you do know English so if there are any mistakes in Google Trans of your message , i can ask you again !

About Prologue , you can download my betatest prologue to see for yourself . I had translated (almost) every important character's names so i can playtest the game . There is also Helping tips in-game translated into ENG (which your RUS patch didn't have)   , so readers even without JP knowledge can play the game with VNR right now

If Google translation is not wrong , do you mean why is only "Prologue Button" in Main Menu translated into Eng ? Well the reason is i don't have time ,so i will have to focus on translating "important Interface images" (like gameplay UI- Kazuto room screen...etc) ,and solving coding problems with Softhouse Chara Engine like you said above .

I have ZERO experience when it comes to HEX editing or programming , so i will try to follow your advice .If I mess up somehow maybe I will have to asking you to do it for me lol ! 

If anything unfortunate happens , i will send details for you through your site support email.

Replace these libraries in the Russian patch and then the text will be displayed normally.

1b3425263d1c1415b5e87581b9c1066c.jpg

I would advise you to define the space at the beginning of the lines. In the original, there is a wide space (Japanese space) at the beginning of each line. In your translation, the lines begin at random.

00a05c778dc51a4d1c8e2b5a0d7597db.jpg

7 hours ago, starik222 said:

Replace these libraries in the Russian patch and then the text will be displayed normally.

1b3425263d1c1415b5e87581b9c1066c.jpg

I would advise you to define the space at the beginning of the lines. In the original, there is a wide space (Japanese space) at the beginning of each line. In your translation, the lines begin at random.

00a05c778dc51a4d1c8e2b5a0d7597db.jpg

That's not a mistake from me ,i do that because the lines limitation of game engine (max 50 character per line).So i have to to type like that in order to typing more ENG text (in long messages only though)

If you can mod the game files and increase character limit per line inside dialogue box to 100 or 120 to fill up the box , i won't have to do that anymore !

59 minutes ago, Plastic Memories said:

That's not a mistake from me ,i do that because the lines limitation of game engine (max 50 character per line).So i have to to type like that in order to typing more ENG text (in long messages only though)

If you can mod the game files and increase character limit per line inside dialogue box to 100 or 120 to fill up the box , i won't have to do that anymore !

I don't see any problem. 4 lines of 55 characters are enough for translation. But if this is a problem, then it is worth removing the space at the beginning of the line altogether.

ab08a5c9ff5d4bed3c95debf080eb786.jpg

118787761_141091040800046_63774024482603

Yeah if you can also remove character limit/ make my ENG text font like your Russian Skill name in this Skill Description box and send me your modded files , that would be good for the eyes of readers too 

Because the default JP font is too small ! Here is my English obj.vfs so you can mod it

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1asYQocQmqEmZ93p3o4qhIIo_IL4XfuFc/view?usp=sharing

Another problem , do you know how to fix sometimes there are missing Character Avatar sprites like this? Normally the character sprite should display on Log screen /Leftside of Dialogue box

118779527_141098314132652_36661625768095

Fu avatar missing >>Leaving only her .agf image file name

118879697_141098327465984_24027301386516

118796737_141098334132650_11645253486327

118970093_141098364132647_39437399476872

Anyway you should use Discord to chat faster with me ,add me @Pika_Terminator .We can drop and share files /images faster on Discord than using Fuwaforum

119640128_145976596978157_22378991279235

Translation progress:
Prologue: 100%
Help Menu in-game (Play Manual/Gameplay Tips-which RUS UI patch don't have) : 100%
Image translation + editing: 5%

Unit Skill translation 100%

The will of a betrayed Gaijin Eroge Fan