The Fuwanovel Recipe Game

Tay

I had a crazy idea the other day and was wondering if people would be interested in it.  Here's the concept:

1. Person A posts a favorite recipe as a challenge.   
  2. Person B looks at the recipe and if it's something they want to try, they "Accept" the challenge.
  3. Person B has a set amount of time to make the recipe, take a picture, and post the picture and a review of the recipe.
  4. Person B then posts the next recipe.

Does that appeal to any of you?

I do cook a lot, but the only issue I have with it (to the point I can't even play yet) is that I lack a camera to take a picture.  I know right?  I have this several thousand dollar computer station, but no camera.

But overall I like the idea.  Once I get a camera I'd be willing to try it.

Sounds fun. Is this topic meant to start it off?

I guess so!  I mostly wanted to see if people were interested, but it looks like we have at least a few takers.  Somebody want to start us off with a good recipe?  

EDIT: If people have suggestions for the rules, that's cool, too.  It can be more round-robin, or have multiple challenges going on at once.

First challenge then kladdkaka (sticky cake) it's easy to do and super good with some whipcream

1537390-1540843.jpg

Time limit 30 minutes i do not count the time it's in the oven
swedish Brownie ”Kladdkaka”
10 tbsp melted butter or 100grams 
1 1/3 cups sugar
2 eggs
4 tbsp unsweetened cocoa
1 ½ tbsp vanilla sugar or 1 tsp vanilla extract
2/3 cups all purpose flour
Dash of salt don't take to much here will taste horibble
Do not use a mixer for this. You should hand stir all this together. First stir all the butter, sugar and eggs. Then add the cocoa, vanilla, flour and salt.
Butter and bread a 9” spring form pan and pour the mixture in there. It is ok that is doesn’t fill the full plan once it goes into the over it will spread out.
Bake in 400F for 25minutes. Do not over cook. It should be hard on the outside and sticky in the inside. you can test it with a fork if it is hard to get in and comes out sticky it's done. (sounded a bit perverted lol)
Let the cake cool and server with whipped cream.

here is the link http://delishhh.com/2010/04/08/swedish-brownie-”kladdkaka”/

sounds good and easy to do right and mostly only stuff you have att home and use some powderd sugar to decorate the cake

First challenge then kladdkaka (sticky cake) it's easy to do and super good with some whipcream

1537390-1540843.jpg

Time limit 30 minutes i do not count the time it's in the oven

swedish Brownie ”Kladdkaka”

10 tbsp melted butter or 100grams 

1 1/3 cups sugar

2 eggs

4 tbsp unsweetened cocoa

1 ½ tbsp vanilla sugar or 1 tsp vanilla extract

2/3 cups all purpose flour

Dash of salt don't take to much here will taste horibble

Do not use a mixer for this. You should hand stir all this together. First stir all the butter, sugar and eggs. Then add the cocoa, vanilla, flour and salt.

Butter and bread a 9” spring form pan and pour the mixture in there. It is ok that is doesn’t fill the full plan once it goes into the over it will spread out.

Bake in 400F for 25minutes. Do not over cook. It should be hard on the outside and sticky in the inside. you can test it with a fork if it is hard to get in and comes out sticky it's done. (sounded a bit perverted lol)

Let the cake cool and server with whipped cream.

here is the link http://delishhh.com/2010/04/08/swedish-brownie-”kladdkaka”/

sounds good and easy to do right and mostly only stuff you have att home and use some powderd sugar to decorate the cake

Reporting in.

Difficulty: 1 - a child could make this. I converted the units according to the internet and everything turned out perfect.

100g butter

170g white sugar

85g flour

2 eggs

4 tea spoons cocoa

1.5 tea spoons vanilla sugar

1 dash of salt

Baked at 200°C for 25 minutes, but I think 20 would have been enough.

The dough (tastes super yummy already)

3vLg0Jhh.jpg

Put into the form

jVqqEIUh.jpg

After baking

dTQEaomh.jpg

Cut up and powdered

ba2m9Ejh.jpg

The soft core (it's a little too well done, so I'll try with 20 minutes baking the next time)

3oprKOwh.jpg

Rating: 8/10 for the recipe, which isn't your fault Sioxz - next time I'll try baking it for a shorter amount of time and maybe add in some chocolate drops as well for a double-chocolate stickycake. Would definitely recommend.

I just noticed a major screw up on my part by using tea spoons instead of tablespoons, especially for the cocoa, that's why it's so light in color. Oh well, turned out alright. I might make another back for the lulz to see how it's supposed to look and taste like when done properly.

Edit: My follow up recipe for:

Fried Rice - Nay Thai Style

Time necessary: 40 minutes preparation, about 10 minutes cooking.

300g rice (I only use white jasmine rice)

150-200g pork or chicken

110g corn (maize)

2 tbsp (ideally peanut) oil
1-2 cloves of garlic, chopped (one is plenty for my tastes)
1 medium sized onion, chopped
1/2 tsp black pepper
4 tbsp soy sauce of your choice (I prefer dark)
4 tsp green curry paste
1 cucumber
2 carrots
3 green onions
1 lime

Preparations

Cut up the carrots into either slices or whatever cut suits you.
Steam with the rice, only for about 5-10 minutes depending on size of your cuts, you don't want them too hard or too soft.

Cook your rice beforehand and put in the fridge for about 2 hours. No need to salt it.

Peel the cucumber, then cut in half lengthways and scoop out the seeds with a spoon. Cut into slices afterwards.
Cut the green onions and your meat into 1 inch/2.5 cm slices. Cut the lime into slices.

Put everything up to here on the sides.

Actual cooking

Heat your wok or frying pan (you'll need quite a big one for this much).
Put the oil in there until it's really hot (peatnut oil would start to smoke at this point).

Then add garlic, your chopped onion and pepper.
Fry for 2 minutes, add your meat and fry depending on tastes until either well done or crispy.

After that add the rice and corn and carrots and fry for another 3 minutes, stir constantly.

Put both soy sauce and curry paste into a small bowl and mix thoroughly, then pour slowly over the rice while stirring, you want this to get everywhere for a nice color and consistent taste. Keep frying until you've got everything mixed up properly.

Add this point I press out the juice of 2-3 lime slices over it, but that's optional.

Put into a bowl and add the limes and green onion slices for decoration.

I guess that's about it.

I just noticed a major screw up on my part by using tea spoons instead of tablespoons, especially for the cocoa, that's why it's so light in color. Oh well, turned out alright. I might make another back for the lulz to see how it's supposed to look and taste like when done properly.

did you notice why almost every swede is crazy about Kladdkaka? we even have cookies with the taste off kladdkaka (is a good thing if you are to lazy to bake a kladdkaka by yourself) and it's supposed to be a more or less a cake so try a round pan next time and the more cocoa the better

Hm, I liked having it more brownie-sized to be honest, made it easier to offer some to the neighbors as well. :)

Added my follow-up recipe in my previous post if anyone feels up to it, it's fairly easy but requires quite a bit of preparation.

Edit: Finished the second batch, though I'm unsure which one I actually like more...

Form

ElvdU5ch.jpg

Result

dFdoGUYh.jpg

Cut

zUQGM44h.jpg

Here's what wikipedia has to say about kladdkaka

Kladdkaka (lit. Gooey cake but more commonly known as "chocolate mud cake" [to whom?]) is a type of Swedish cake. This dense. sticky chocolate cake is similar to the American brownie. but has a soft and viscous centre. It is sometimes eaten with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.

The cake is basically a chocolate-flavoured sponge cake without leavening.

Edit: My follow up recipe for:

Fried Rice - Nay Thai Style

Time necessary: 40 minutes preparation, about 10 minutes cooking.

300g rice (I only use white jasmine rice)

150-200g pork or chicken

110g corn (maize)

2 tbsp (ideally peanut) oil
1-2 cloves of garlic, chopped (one is plenty for my tastes)
1 medium sized onion, chopped
1/2 tsp black pepper
4 tbsp soy sauce of your choice (I prefer dark)
4 tsp green curry paste
1 cucumber
2 carrots
3 green onions
1 lime

Preparations

Cut up the carrots into either slices or whatever cut suits you.
Steam with the rice, only for about 5-10 minutes depending on size of your cuts, you don't want them too hard or too soft.

Cook your rice beforehand and put in the fridge for about 2 hours. No need to salt it.

Peel the cucumber, then cut in half lengthways and scoop out the seeds with a spoon. Cut into slices afterwards.
Cut the green onions and your meat into 1 inch/2.5 cm slices. Cut the lime into slices.

Put everything up to here on the sides.

Actual cooking

Heat your wok or frying pan (you'll need quite a big one for this much).
Put the oil in there until it's really hot (peatnut oil would start to smoke at this point).

Then add garlic, your chopped onion and pepper.
Fry for 2 minutes, add your meat and fry depending on tastes until either well done or crispy.

After that add the rice and corn and carrots and fry for another 3 minutes, stir constantly.

Put both soy sauce and curry paste into a small bowl and mix thoroughly, then pour slowly over the rice while stirring, you want this to get everywhere for a nice color and consistent taste. Keep frying until you've got everything mixed up properly.

Add this point I press out the juice of 2-3 lime slices over it, but that's optional.

Put into a bowl and add the limes and green onion slices for decoration.

I guess that's about it.

Aw heck.  Doesn't look like anybody has called dibbs on this one (or if I missed it, I'll just make it, too).  Looking forward to it!  Should be done by lunchtime tomorrow.