Higurashi gacha game (titled Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Inochi) to be released this summer

Inorin

1 hour ago, Mr Poltroon said:

I'm not sure I understand the disdain. Could you explain it?

From my observation, Gatcha games are nothing but a thinly veiled form of gambling. In that sense, they are exploitative by nature. Particularly of people who are prone to gambling addiction. But for me the real crime is that the content that comes from Gatcha games tends to be pretty low. 

Just now, Zalor said:

From my observation, Gatcha games are nothing but a thinly veiled form of gambling. In that sense, they are exploitative by nature. Particularly of people who are prone to gambling addiction. But for me the real crime is that the content that comes from Gatcha games tends to be pretty low. 

I understand.

As someone who does not engage with such games, but knows a number of individuals who happily play them, I didn't see much of a negative to Higurashi creating a gatcha for those who want it.

• 2 weeks later...

Well at least now Ryukishi can wait for a gambling addict to waste thousands dollars on this game I suppose. My image about mobile game here is already tainted ever since I read a gambling addict waste thousands dollars for two servants back at FGO, and I think the image may not change. By the way, I'm surely wouldn't treated this as the new sequel seeing that Higurashi story should be ended at Matsuribayashi (Or Miotsukushi if you prefer PS2 original ending), so I'll just let go of this game. In the end, I guess I can only say that good for Ryukishi if this is being successful in the future, although rivaling FGO will obviously impossible though.

PS - By the way I admit that I also have mobile game Yu-Gi-Oh Duel Link, although nowadays I rarely play with it though (And of course I'm absolutely never use any money on that game).