Flowers 3 is out now!

Silvz

Part 3 of Innocent Grey's Flowers is finnaly out! For those who don't know, it is a lighthearted mystery yuri series. The story is split in four games [three released in English], each focusing in one girl and her love interests.

You can buy it here: https://jastusa.com/flowers-le-volume-sur-automne

and here: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1238730/Flowers_Le_volume_sur_automne/

What are your opinions on the series? Are you going to read this game?

The previous two titles didn't exactly blow me away, but they did have a certain charme. I'll certainly read this one, because it focuses on my favorite characters. At last, Yuzuriha gets her romance arc now. :rolleyes:

I also hope, they improved the quality of the mystery plot for a change and toned down the meaningless choices a bit. But we'll see...

4 hours ago, ChaosRaven said:

The previous two titles didn't exactly blow me away, but they did have a certain charme. I'll certainly read this one, because it focuses on my favorite characters. At last, Yuzuriha gets her romance arc now. :rolleyes:

I also hope, they improved the quality of the mystery plot for a change and toned down the meaningless choices a bit. But we'll see...

I was honestly expecting the same level of mystery of Kara no Shoujo, so the first time I tried to read Flowers I almost dropped it. But the writing is so good, the characters really fun and the art is so beautiful that I continued playing and became a fan. I agree that the mystery could be better, but for what it is, it works very well. But yeah, the choices are pretty meaningless, specially when it comes down to choosing the love interest.

3 hours ago, Silvz said:

I was honestly expecting the same level of mystery of Kara no Shoujo, so the first time I tried to read Flowers I almost dropped it. But the writing is so good, the characters really fun and the art is so beautiful that I continued playing and became a fan. I agree that the mystery could be better, but for what it is, it works very well. But yeah, the choices are pretty meaningless, specially when it comes down to choosing the love interest.

Yes, it's certainly a different type of visual novel with its main focus on romance. Still, I really hope KnS3 will be finally released this year and translated to English as well. It's been about 5 years since the last one and nobody else makes VN's with that unique style and quality.

You certainly will be wrong if you expect Kara no Shoujo in Flowers, because it's already different if you see the color of the VNs (ie Kara no Shoujo is more dark while Flowers is bright). As for my opinion about the series, I guess I can say that it should be obvious that it's far lighter compared to Kara no Shoujo. Other than that, the art is nice, the soundtrack is calming with some recognizable tune from MANYO, and that Innocent Grey cast the VA from both of eroge veteran (Kawashima Rino anyone?) and anime famous VA (Especially Sakura Ayane) and of course because of the latter Flowers is all age VN. Also while a certain mystery (Mayuri's disappearance) is interesting to see, I'll just say that don't expect the mind blowing answer in the last VN (Flowers Winter) later. Lastly have fun with this VN, and I'm sure that you'll like it if you like GL story in the first place (Or didn't mind about it).

PS - I sure that JAST will release Flowers Winter in two years later (At 2022) and that they'll announce it at 2021 later, although it's only from looking their previous patterns though and it may be change if there're some unexpected occurrence.

Edited by littleshogun