Rewrite early scene TL comparisons: Amaterasu Translations vs Sekai Project. Based on new previews from Rewrite+ kickstarter.

Not long ago, I told someone who recommended Rewrite to me that I'd rather also wait for that Rewrite+ project, because it simply seem like a remaster for me (I generally like remasters more, because usually enhance even the enjoyment for me). Because I wouldn't want to read something twice simply because of it being remastered, I decided on waiting, though he also told me the translation might not be the same quality. Seeing this, I'm still not sure what to read. Left really seems a bit more unique in a way that it doesn't use more general lines.

1 hour ago, [Hun]Lepto said:

Not long ago, I told someone who recommended Rewrite to me that I'd rather also wait for that Rewrite+ project, because it simply seem like a remaster for me (I generally like remasters more, because usually enhance even the enjoyment for me). Because I wouldn't want to read something twice simply because of it being remastered, I decided on waiting, though he also told me the translation might not be the same quality. Seeing this, I'm still not sure what to read. Left really seems a bit more unique in a way that it doesn't use more general lines.

It's not a remaster, but a new version with one more route + the fandisk

41 minutes ago, Dreamysyu said:

Not really? I think it just adds some new content in the true route and a few new CGs, and that's it.

Though, yeah, it will also include the fandisk, which is currently untranslated.

I thought there was a route for Kagari. Isn't there?

Edited by Silvz

24 minutes ago, Silvz said:

I thought there was a route for Kagari. Isn't there?

Spoiler

If I'm not mistaken, there's about an hour of new content in Terra that is focused more on Kagari and why exactly Kotarou fell in love with her. Apparently, the lack of proper buildup between them in Terra was such a common complaint that they decided to rework it in Rewrite+. Actually, I think these scenes were shown by the end of the second season of the anime, so if you watched this abomination, you probably already know them.

Also, there's a route for Kagari from the fandisk, and I'm pretty sure that's it. I looked through cgs after this version came out in Japan, and there wasn't much new at all. For some weird reason some scenes were made a lot more fan-serivicey. There are also a few completely new cgs in Terra, and that's it.

8 hours ago, Dreamysyu said:
  Hide contents

If I'm not mistaken, there's about an hour of new content in Terra that is focused more on Kagari and why exactly Kotarou fell in love with her. Apparently, the lack of proper buildup between them in Terra was such a common complaint that they decided to rework it in Rewrite+. Actually, I think these scenes were shown by the end of the second season of the anime, so if you watched this abomination, you probably already know them.

Also, there's a route for Kagari from the fandisk, and I'm pretty sure that's it. I looked through cgs after this version came out in Japan, and there wasn't much new at all. For some weird reason some scenes were made a lot more fan-serivicey. There are also a few completely new cgs in Terra, and that's it.

Spoiler

The "lack of proper buildup" is a plot point. Kotarou wonders about it too, then realizes it's due to the events of Moon where said buildup happens. He essentially programmed himself to help Kagari. Also, the first season of the anime is an abomination but the second one is loyal to the game and I found it very enjoyable, it showed so many things that had no visual representation in the VN.

17 hours ago, Dreamysyu said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

The anime also had Kagari waiting for Kotarou. In the VN she was only a sprout if i'm not remembering wrong.

Edited by Stormwolf

3 hours ago, Stormwolf said:
  Reveal hidden contents

The anime also had Kagari waiting for Kotarou. In the VN she was only a sprout if i'm not remembering wrong.

Spoiler

Oh, yeah, I think this was also from Rewrite+. I'd say I prefer the original ending though.

12 hours ago, Funnerific said:
Spoiler

The "lack of proper buildup" is a plot point.

Spoiler

Yep.

12 hours ago, Funnerific said:
Spoiler

Also, the first season of the anime is an abomination but the second one is loyal to the game and I found it very enjoyable, it showed so many things that had no visual representation in the VN.

Spoiler

Well, I agree that the second season was a lot better and actually somewhat enjoyable to watch. When I was calling it an abomination, I kind of implied that to get to the second season, you would normally need to finish the first season before it, and it's just that bad (if it makes any sense).

In that middle one, did Amaterasu cut the "middle of the forest" context or did Sekai project add it? I doubt anyone is familiar enough with the original Japanese text to actually answer that question, but it seems like a weird discrepancy between the two versions. "Middle of the forest" is a lot of description to lose by replacing it with "here" so I have a hard time imaging that the fanTL would have simplified it that much. On the other hand, if the the original text really does just say "here" then "middle of the forest" seems like pretty aggressive embellishment on SP's part.

No much difference I guess, but then again it's just a few scenes so perhaps there'll be more difference in the future (Besides the obvious difference in that Sekai version will have some new lines translated). I guess I'll look forward to the eventual release, although in the end it's still a redundant release anyway if we talk about Rewrite+ only.

PS - From VNDB, apparently it remove the route lock so you can play the route in any order that you want. And if sprite somehow want to remake Koichoco and ask Nekonyan to officially release it overseas, I think it would be the most useful feature in that the player can avoid to play Chisato's route first.

Edited by littleshogun