Fall Anime List 2020

Sonicboom2.0

Mahouka S2 finally.

I don't think I'll ever understand why people like Titan, but to each his own @mitchhamilton

Danmachi S3 is yay, at least for me.

It kind of looks like we are back to Isekai/fantasy + random stuff dominating the seasons again... though, considering how boring this season is (I'm only seriously watching two anime) it is definitely an improvement, at a glance.

I honestly can't wait for the Digimon movie to come out on Blu-Ray so I can finally watch it when someone adds English Subs. I've heard AoT is going to wrap up soon so the reason we aren't getting the final arc this fall could either be because of this pandemic or they just want to take their time on the last season to make it right.

25 minutes ago, Clephas said:

I don't think I'll ever understand why people like Titan, but to each his own @mitchhamilton

because its dripping with character and style and done by a writer who seems to know what hes actually doing. sometimes a small plot point you never even thought about is a major reveal of character years down the line! the story line is absolutely unpredictable! and yes i know the big argument is there isnt much character development in the series but thats only an issue if you feel there inherently needs to be any! and there is btw. this show unlike any other seems to have a coherent narrative with plot points thought out before the writer started writing. it is amazing what is set up and you never even really realize it. from episode one there is set up to future events waaaay down the line.

and i know this goes for any show but you really gotta truly empathize with the characters as they are constantly fighting on the breaking point, as they deal with the hard truths of their world. its a mystery show without a detective but individuals who are tired of being shackled and want to learn the truth beyond the walls.

26 minutes ago, Sonicboom2.0 said:

I've heard AoT is going to wrap up soon so the reason we aren't getting the final arc this fall could either be because of this pandemic or they just want to take their time on the last season to make it right.

yes, this is the final season of the show and the anime unfortunately had to change studios. last freaking season and its done by a different studio. :amane: so im sure that has something to do with it. apparently this season is going to be the shows longest season yet.

11 minutes ago, mitchhamilton said:

because its dripping with character and style and done by a writer who seems to know what hes actually doing. sometimes a small plot point you never even thought about is a major reveal of character years down the line! the story line is absolutely unpredictable! and yes i know the big argument is there isnt much character development in the series but thats only an issue if you feel there inherently needs to be any! and there is btw. this show unlike any other seems to have a coherent narrative with plot points thought out before the writer started writing. it is amazing what is set up and you never even really realize it. from episode one there is set up to future events waaaay down the line.

and i know this goes for any show but you really gotta truly empathize with the characters as they are constantly fighting on the breaking point, as they deal with the hard truths of their world. its a mystery show without a detective but individuals who are tired of being shackled and want to learn the truth beyond the walls.

yes, this is the final season of the show and the anime unfortunately had to change studios. last freaking season and its done by a different studio. :amane: so im sure that has something to do with it. apparently this season is going to be the shows longest season yet.

Who bought the rights?

35 minutes ago, mitchhamilton said:

A lot of it is my dislike for Blue Gender/MLA type scenarios.  I hate it when you have a bunch of giant monsters just trying to obliterate humanity... or rather, I find the concept utterly boring.  I also disliked the protag almost immediately, and it only got worse by the end of the first season, convincing me I didn't want anything to do with the series from then on.  

I admit that the scenario is well-written, but that's like saying Hyperion (the sci-fi novel) is well-written.  Yes, it is... but it doesn't matter if you just can't get into it.  The series turned me off early on, but at the time I was accustomed to trudging through stuff that turned me off, lol.

57 minutes ago, Sonicboom2.0 said:

Who bought the rights?

not really bought but more of a trade off. the studio was just overwhelmed with its biggest anime and its biggest season that they passed it off to the studio behind dororo. now, i havent seen it but the animation quality seems similar so thats nice. plus, the original author of the manga is working alongside the studio as well as the original composer.

29 minutes ago, Clephas said:

A lot of it is my dislike for Blue Gender/MLA type scenarios.  I hate it when you have a bunch of giant monsters just trying to obliterate humanity... or rather, I find the concept utterly boring.  I also disliked the protag almost immediately, and it only got worse by the end of the first season, convincing me I didn't want anything to do with the series from then on.  

I admit that the scenario is well-written, but that's like saying Hyperion (the sci-fi novel) is well-written.  Yes, it is... but it doesn't matter if you just can't get into it.  The series turned me off early on, but at the time I was accustomed to trudging through stuff that turned me off, lol.

without giving anything away the titans are mindlessly eating humans but not exactly without a purpose that is explained and believable later on. also, youd like the second season since it has waaaaaaaay less of him in it. season 2 is when things slowly start to unfold. if you ever have the free time, check it out.

Edited by mitchhamilton

I think I've actually read the first chapter or two from Kimi to Boku no Saigo no Senjou web-novel, but I don't remember anymore why I dropped it so quickly. :badnicoman: Probably, the usual over the top shounen anime-style characters or something.

I'll probably watch the new Higurashi anime eventually. Majo no Tabitabi also looks a bit interesting, and the LN is in my to-read list. Not really interested in anything else.