Hello!

Ruvik

Heyy!  You can call me Ruvik or Ru, I love vns a little too much lol. She/her pronouns. 

I especially love Dangan Ronpa, Zero Escape and Ace Attorney series! It's not that I care much about gameplay though. I could try any vn if I find the story interesting. I also love Otomes a lot. (Btw I'm super into mbti too if you want to type characters I'm all about it heheh)

I hope to get along with everyone, nice to meet you all!! 

*twisting black tentacles emerge from a gate in the sky, grasping skyscrapers and dragging them into the swirling vortex.  Clephas emerges, encased in black plate armor, his inhuman features unnaturally beautiful, his orange eyes blazing with hunger, love, and emotions beyond human comprehension.  The humans fleeing from the sight suddenly turn around, their eyes glowing orange, and they begin devouring one another with glee, love blazing in their eyes for their neighbors.  Clephas nods benevolently, satisfied that he has once again done a good deed.  He shifts into his mundane form of a fat balding otaku and settles into his swivel chair in the sky, crossing his flabby legs*

Greetings and welcome to Fuwa.

1 hour ago, Ruvik said:

Heyy!  You can call me Ruvik or Ru, I love vns a little too much lol. She/her pronouns. 

I especially love Dangan Ronpa, Zero Escape and Ace Attorney series! It's not that I care much about gameplay though. I could try any vn if I find the story interesting. I also love Otomes a lot. (Btw I'm super into mbti too if you want to type characters I'm all about it heheh)

I hope to get along with everyone, nice to meet you all!! 

Dangan Ronpa you say? Time for the hard questions. Out of the protagonists in DR1 and SDR2, which do you think is smarter and why? Hinata or Naegi?

1 minute ago, Mr Poltroon said:

Dangan Ronpa you say? Time for the hard questions. Out of the protagonists in DR1 and SDR2, which do you think is smarter and why? Hinata or Naegi?

Ahh, it's been a while since I've read dangan ronpa 1 but I'm going to say Hinata. While I think they are both very smart, Hinata's usually more suspicious about everyone and unlike Naegi he's not too optimistic. Naegi's too soft nature feels unrealistic and make him seem easy to deceive in my opinion.

39 minutes ago, Ruvik said:

Ahh, it's been a while since I've read dangan ronpa 1 but I'm going to say Hinata. While I think they are both very smart, Hinata's usually more suspicious about everyone and unlike Naegi he's not too optimistic. Naegi's too soft nature feels unrealistic and make him seem easy to deceive in my opinion.

Interesting response, as you recognise what makes Hinata feel more competent. Yes. I'd say people at large tend to find Hinata to be the smarter one because of his nature, that is more adequate for an ambient of suspicion and deception. He's both more suspicious of others, capable of actually being mad and not trusting a person, and more assertive altogether.

Until I replayed the games in quick succession, I'd probably share the same opinion.

Now, because the first game's cases are easier and simpler than the second game's cases, there's something that happens in the first that makes Naegi be, in my eyes, smarter. Simply put, Naegi deduces things during investigations and Hinata doesn't. For the first two cases Naegi doesn't piece together much of anything, and is shown everything by Kirigiri and Togami. However, from the third onwards, he reaches certain conclusions during the investigations (He does not necessarily explain them, though. Often it's just a "That means...!"). And then there's the fifth case, where he actively solos it (Hinata never does anything by himself. He either points out wrong things in others' claims, or answers Komaeda or Nanami's questions).
It's more a quirk of the games, I guess, but I find it interesting that Hinata's monologue during the investigations never has him conclude anything, but Naegi's does.

11 minutes ago, Mr Poltroon said:

Interesting response, as you recognise what makes Hinata feel more competent. Yes. I'd say people at large tend to find Hinata to be the smarter one because of his nature, that is more adequate for an ambient of suspicion and deception. He's both more suspicious of others, capable of actually being mad and not trusting a person, and more assertive altogether.

Until I replayed the games in quick succession, I'd probably share the same opinion.

Now, because the first game's cases are easier and simpler than the second game's cases, there's something that happens in the first that makes Naegi be, in my eyes, smarter. Simply put, Naegi deduces things during investigations and Hinata doesn't. For the first two cases Naegi doesn't piece together much of anything, and is shown everything by Kirigiri and Togami. However, from the third onwards, he reaches certain conclusions during the investigations (He does not necessarily explain them, though. Often it's just a "That means...!"). And then there's the fifth case, where he actively solos it (Hinata never does anything by himself. He either points out wrong things in others' claims, or answers Komaeda or Nanami's questions).
It's more a quirk of the games, I guess, but I find it interesting that Hinata's monologue during the investigations never has him conclude anything, but Naegi's does.

Yes, we might be confusing it because of Hinata's assertiveness.

And I've never noticed that but it actually makes sense.

Danganronpa 2 Spoilers!!

Spoiler

Since Hinata is considered a normal- ordinary boy who has no special talents, I always wondered why he felt like that if he's better at solving mysteries than everyone else. Like, anyone in his place could easily say "Well, I might not be in your talent school but you all are living thanks to me solving the murders now!" 

If he always gets help from Nanami or Komaeda like you said, it suits him. He's definitely not stupid but not extraordinarily smart either, at least he could easily think so!