Evenicle 2 Overseas Release Announcement by Alicesoft

littleshogun

Yes it's happen, and apparently this time Alicesoft decided to do it by themselves instead of ask Mangagamer. As for me, while granted that I did say we didn't really need a sequel seeing that Evenicle story here is basically complete enough, I'm still interested with this seeing that it mean more gameplay VN. For more info, we also have both of Quof and Steiner working on the transaltion so you didn't need to worry about bad translation. As for mosaic, unfortunately it would be still there but then again I didn't care much about it, and beside it's not like that the artist would draw something under the mosaic. As for the plan, Alicesoft will release the trial that will cover up to the end of Chapter 1 at Steam in the upcoming few weeks later. Lastly I hope that they'll be able to release this in the near future.

Here's the tweet from Alicesoft (They just set their English twitter a few days ago) for the proof in regard of the news itself.

Is it better than the first game? I liked Evenicle's story and combat system overall, and some of the heroines, but I didn't like the protagonist, just the same person throughout the entire game with zero personality, and other heroines were a pain in the ass also. 

On 15/07/2020 at 7:02 PM, Cardinal said:

This is just perfect, i hope they release it soon with a good translation.

I dont even care about the mosaic.

Not sure but this isn't the first eng release of the alicesoft? I believe that they do not try to make a version 'inferior' to that made by third parties (aka Mangagamers), who wants to start with the left foot in the market? And so I think they're likely to consider releasing the game uncensored.
Well, of course, this is just my speculation and God only knows if they will launch with or without moisacs.

Late to inform this. We'll going to have the trial released at August 17th later, and I hope that the trial would be more than enough to show the gameplay and the story. Of course I'll try it later, and I'll try to write my take on that here later. The tweet about the trial release date below.

By the way Alicesoft already introduce two of the main heroine, and I'll try to summarize their setting along with their VA as well later. That said one of the heroine family name did give us a clue though on what kind of world that happen to be the main setting, and it should be obvious which if you already finished Evenicle (Sound too obvious though).

Edited by littleshogun

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 2/12/2021 at 11:48 PM, Seraphim said:

Kinda expected that to happen. Given Valve's track record, I'm more surprised they actually let Alicesoft sell the original game completely uncensored on Steam.

From my understanding when Evenicle 1 came out on Steam it was during the time Steam allowed just about anything regardless of content, if they tried to release that today it would likely get rejected, Steam is just very inconsistent with it's policies related to such content but I've also heard they banned a bunch of all-ages visual novels for no reason at all.

I don't think Evencile 1 will ever be removed from Steam unless the license expires, it wouldn't be in Steam/Valves best interest to try to remove it for any other reason, the backlash for that would likely be pretty big.

This just means Evencile 2 will be released uncut with mosaics and DRM-free on different storefronts.

Edited by Shaun

• 11 months later...

After almost a year we finally have this released, and yes it'll be uncensored (Granted that there's still some mosaic, but it's not really worth to pester the people who didn't mind of mosaic). As for the release date, it'll be at February 22nd later and it'll be available at JAST, Mangagamer, Johren, and Fakku. I'll post the tweet from Mangagamer in regard of it.

As for DRM, if anything else at least JAST and Mangagamer didn't have it if I remember it correctly.

• 1 month later...

Late to mention this, but we already have Evenicle 2 available in English. I would say that it might be better if you play this first if you still didn't play Evenicle 1 yet seeing that the gameplay see no change much so that you won't keep seeing deja vu here, but of course you can still try it if you already finished Evenicle 1 and see on how different the world is. I won't deny that back then I thought that Evenicle 2 is quite unnecessary seeing that the first one is complete enough, although now I can say that it's still interesting enough as another stand alone VN here. Anyway you can get Evenicle 2 if you interested with it, and have fun.

PS - Just in case someone already playing and asking when they can get the ability to use item in battle, the answer is that there won't be any chance to use item in battle because Alicesoft remove the ability in here so you can't just use Ibeprofun to instantly heal or BP Juice to use high BP attack immediately in battle.

PPS - Also if you wonder whether the censored sex scene will be available or not, the answer is that yes the said sex scene is available in the full version of Evenicle 2.

Edited by littleshogun

The full release has no cut content but it is censored with mosaics but they had no choice since AliceSoft who is a Japanese company is directly releasing it themselves so they have to follow Japanese laws.

I will say the sequel is not unnecessary at all since it is a completely different story with a different cast of characters though imho you don't have to play Evenicle 1 to enjoy the standalone sequel since it does not carry over from where the first one left off at all.

I bought it from FAKKU about a week before it released and am playing it right now, on Chapter 5 as well.  It plays flawlessly as well, no performance issues at all.

Edited by Shaun