Light is considering to translate Silverio Vendetta and Senshinkan

A user asked the Japanese Twitter of Light (the creators of Dies Irea) about Silverio Vendetta and Soushuu Senshinkan Gakuen Hachimyoujin or more specifically about both series and they answered in English.

Here is what they said:

https://twitter.com/light_staff_tw/status/1268532698336784387

and

https://twitter.com/light_staff_tw/status/1268532937592537089

and lastly

https://twitter.com/light_staff_tw/status/1268533041565220864

Since their parent Company Greenwood shut down last year, we didn't know if there is any chance for the Light catalogue to see a translation. So this is really good news and if you have any interest in these titles or titles like Dies irae or Fate/Stay Night, please consider telling them on twitter to let them know that there is interest! They also ask about ideas of how to make it happen.

Edited by Formlose Gestalt

4 hours ago, ChaosRaven said:

Isn't Light supposed to have gone down with their owner Greenwood? They sound pretty lively and full of plans for a dead company. :blink:

Though the Silverio series certainly sounds interesting.

There is a good possibility that they got bought out when Greenwood offloaded their assets.  Akabeisoft2 is currently the most likely culprit, lol.

15 hours ago, ChaosRaven said:

Isn't Light supposed to have gone down with their owner Greenwood? They sound pretty lively and full of plans for a dead company. :blink:

Though the Silverio series certainly sounds interesting.

Silverio Ragnarok (the 3rd game in the series) was already in production when the parent company of Light Greenwood went under. Even in the statement of closing down they alluded to a plan to still finish Silverio Ragnarok, and that came true with the help of Ares, the parent company of Windmill. (They are also listed on the page for 1st and 2nd game but I don't what role they played back then, possible the All Age console releases?) At some point apparently also Nexton got involved in getting Silverio Ragnarok out. Silverio Raganarok released this year in April a year after Greenwood closed down and the Twitter account has been active all this time to promote Silverio Raganrok. We also know that the store of Light has been handled by Akabei Soft since Greenwood closed down. (That was in the statement when they closed down.)

So in the end we don't really know who holds the licenses for Light games and who we are talking to on Twitter, but Light as we know it doesn't exist anymore. Masada and G Yuusuke are working on Avestan, the story that was supposed to become Pantheon. I don't know if the team behind the Silverio series is still around after finishing Raganrok for example.

My guess is that we talked to someone from the Ares side of the Business that probably have the Silverio rights (maybe not alone who knows) and that's why the person said:

Regarding the localization plan for the "相州戦神館學園 Series" which you asked me about, I am also thinking about it now, but I haven't decided yet. Because the company that owns the rights to the game was not in a position to consider localization.

That sounds like the rights to Senshinkan series are in different hands and that company doesn't have the means to do a translation. (In contrast to the Silverio series). But who knows. That is only my interpretation.

At least we know that the rights to Silverio and Senshinkan are in someone's hands and they are considering translating them and looking for feedback. That is at least better than what we knew before and the rights don't look they are in limbo or in the hands of company that doesn't want to do anything with them. Of course that doesn't mean that anything comes out of this.

Edited by Formlose Gestalt

If I remember correctly form the past, most that remained of Light went under AkabeiSoft's wings - most likely in an attempt to secure talents - but there's no official statement regarding their current legal status. The sole fact they're still operating under their original brand name means they must have been given some degree of freedom/independency to pursue their own projects.

Regardless, no one will buy these vns aside from a small circle of rabid fans. I don't even know what's there to discuss.

Edited by Narcosis

23 minutes ago, Narcosis said:

Regardless, no one will buy these vns aside from a small circle of rabid fans. I don't even know what's there to discuss.

That's true of all VNs, really.

3 hours ago, Narcosis said:

Unless it's your new flavour of Nekopara.

I'm a mimikko addict, and even I don't replay Nekopara games.  There is only so much slave-race girl-banging I can take before the warped part of my brain starts imaging leather collars and chains onto them.

While granted that both VNs addition would be nice, I think it should be obvious light more or less just politely refused to answer in regard of the licensing their other VNs (At least to me). Of course if in the future somehow they manage to get both of Silverio and Senshinkan in English, then good for them. Besides it's not like it's impossible for a bankrupt company to get their VNs localized, as Chuablesoft and minori proved (Although too bad that the Supipara funding project was halted because of that problem).

Edited by littleshogun

• 6 months later...

Since I started this topic last year, I thought should share the latest tweet from Light's twitter account.

https://twitter.com/light_staff_tw/status/1353504981836414976

So they get asked about a Silverio translation again and responded with "no plans at this time" and honestly it doesn't look like the chances have improved. But that didn't stop someone from creating a petition to show support for Silverio so have a look here:

https://www.change.org/p/light-silverio-franchise-localization

Also consider responding to the tweet if you are interested in SIlverio.

I don't see how this can be turned into a success; especially after the fiasco Dies Irae was, with all it's mismanagement and issues piling upon issues, failed promises and general disappointment. No amount of petitions or votes will change the fact they're a very niche company producing very niche vns. Not the best kind of recipe for overseas localization.

Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't the western launch of Dies Irae successful? The anime was horrible and there was certainly a lot of mismanagement, when it came to the Pantheon and other projects.

Still, I think if there will be a translation of Silverio Saga Series and SSGH+SSGB, it would be a good thing.

I can only see that Light rejecting the possibility of English localization even though their word is 'it may be realized if there are many requests', but then again perhaps I'm a pessimistic one and the people who agree with the petition are more optimistic than me.

Edited by littleshogun