Favorite (Non-anime) TV Shows?

Zalor

Anyone here watch regular TV shows? I don't watch many myself, but recently a friend of mine convinced me to watch The Sopranos. I liked it quite a bit. It doesn't come close to any of my favorite anime or VNs, but nonetheless thought it was quite good. Also it has a lot of good memes.

I myself don't really watch TV shows nowadays, but the ones that remain my favorites were Doctor House, Eureka, Stargate and How I met your mother. They were so damn entertaining and I also got attached to the characters. I'm kinda pessimist towards today's TV shows, though I haven't watched any and it's just mainly me thinking the good shows only stay in the past (even though Eureka started airing more around 2010, I think).

Edited by [Hun]Lepto

I’ve never had a satellite or TV subscription. I had Netflix for only a short period of time and cancelled it. So not really many chances for me to passively watch or come to enjoy TV series. But I do indeed have one that I will watch and have liked for many years, Law and Order SVU. Though I pretty much only watch it when I go to my parents house to visit.

• 2 months later...
On 7/5/2020 at 12:59 PM, Zalor said:

Anyone here watch regular TV shows? I don't watch many myself, but recently a friend of mine convinced me to watch The Sopranos. I liked it quite a bit. It doesn't come close to any of my favorite anime or VNs, but nonetheless thought it was quite good. Also it has a lot of good memes. happy wheels

I haven't been able to watch a show since Breaking Bad. My friends tell me I'm missing out but honestly, no show has given me the excitement Breaking Bad gave me.

Edited by baristanton

• 2 weeks later...

Mine would be Agents of Shield. It has a lot of interesting scenarios and fun superhero stuff that are enough to keep me engaged. The characters are also pretty relatable (even when they aren't in the main cast).

I do still tune in to western TV shows once in a while since my Mom and I share a Netflix account. I still very much prefer anime, though.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Cowboy Bebop. I feel like it transcends the genre. It's more than an anime or a scifi space show or a super violent cartoon. Bebop is something that can appreciated on an intellectual level and it still has enough action and comedy to be appreciated as a casual fan. I also think Bebop is the best place to start because of how the series is structured. It does have an main story arc but it doesn't consume the series. I like how not every episode is fixated on the main arc and you can watch most episodes out of context and still understand what's going on. view:  https://animefillerlist.net/dragon-ball-filler-list/ 

Edited by rayyanwatts