About Michiru in Grisaia No Kajitsu (SPOILER)

Narko

I am trying to interpret here, but doesn't the other Michiru switch with Michiru in common route? I have in mind, the scene where Sachi wants to make the thing (I forgot the english name) for Yuuji waist, Michiru takes the initiative to manipulate Makina at the last second to save Yuuji, doesn't that look like more the other Michiru? Plus, when Yuuji thanks her, Michiru doesn't seem to understand what she is thanked for (maybe another swap?). I am still not sure, because as far as I know, the other Michiru swap only to help Michiru, and doesn't have any affinity with Yuuji, so why would she do that? 

To be honest I am not sure. I wanted to know if someone had an idea?

I think I remember that in the anime, her eyes switched at that scene. While the anime is a horrible mess and I also hate the eye change to signify which Michiru is in control (it takes away the subtleness and immedietly gives you the feeling something is not right, not to mention it doesn't make sense), it could still indicate it happened in the VN aswell.

• 2 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, Soul Hunter said:

Since you brought this up, I didn't like this point in the story, what's the game explanation to this? The game isn't supposed to be a supernatural fantasy, so this didn't make any sense to me.

Happens when one story is written by multiple authors. Who may or may not have troubles communicating with each other.

Rakuen tried to explain this plot point with something more realistic, but in contradicts what happens in Kajutsu, and as a result makes things even worse.

That's what happen when Frontwing staffs decided to have their own Swan Song as charage, and of course the writer was told to goes all out in term of writing without thinking about sequel possibilities (Well you surely wouldn't make a sequel if the company goes bankrupt). As for what happen in Rakuen, while granted that they tried to explain it in the realistic way, it end up being more ridiculous seeing that basically it's like the main writer erased the story of Michiru's route.

Spoiler

Well basically rather than the lingering soul of the heart, it's basically just Michiru did have fake her other personality. To be fair, it could be work though. But the problem is that the writer of Michiru's route did write the detail of the donor's past in detail, and in the ending we even have Michiru did come to the donor's mother and hand over the drawing (It's in the credit to show on how important it is). So there's no way that the main writer can retcon it just as fake personality without looking ridiculous, and of course I believe that Frontwing also realized it seeing that they apparently keep the donor girl in the anime adaptation of Rakuen (And that's why watching Kajitsu anime as Rakuen prequel while treating Meikyuu+Rakuen VN as fandiscs would made the trilogy part reasonable).

As for multiple writers, actually it's pretty reasonable to have it if you write charage seeing that charage didn't need overarching plot (Well Rewrite is a special case I guess). It's just too bad that Frontwing decided to make Grisaia become plot VN while at the same time they basically already made a good charage.

PS - Here's the link to Reddit thread that explained Frontwing is about to be bankrupt when they made Kajitsu, and apparently the effect is still lingering with their tendency to use crowdfund as their own pre-order store along with their episodic release.

Edited by littleshogun