[Upcoming Kickstarter] Keizu: A Life In The Woods [Adventure, Slice-of-Life, Drama, Fantasy]

J3bees

Keizu: A Life In The Woods by StarDog VG Studios

TEASER TRAILER

Hey! I'm Bee, an indie developer working on a game that I figured you guys would be interested in. This game started as what was to be a web comic, but later developed to fit into a visual novel style format. We're both students from Michigan hoping to pursue game development as a prospective career in the future. We're working on this project alongside a talented cast of voice actors to help make it a more immersive experience.

Keizu is a visual novel style adventure about forest spirits, corrupt businesses, family heritage and a story of undying love. Some of the biggest inspirations for this title are game's like To The Moon and Phoenix Wright that feature unique adaptations of the classic VN genre. Keizu is inspired by the art direction and storytelling of the studio Ghibli films as well as that of other narratively driven adventure games such as Ori and The Blind Forest and Night In The Woods.

The game has something for everyone featuring a story involving the main character Rowan's struggle to find her place in the world after a tragic accident leaves her fiance dead. When she feels hopeless and lost, the spirits of her ancestors help guide her back to finding herself. Rowan meets new friends, finds new hobbies and helps save the woods near her town from destruction in her journey to recovery. Keizu features full voice acting and a diverse cast of characters.

Representation is an important factor in the game's development for us. I know some of you want to hear this so I'll just out and say it. It's gay 

Some features in the game include things like

-Fishing

-2D Side scrolling exploration segments featuring hand drawn art and tons of unique locations to see. 

-A diverse cast of characters and NPCs to meet as you venture through the town of Udosa. 

-Over 10 hours of content with more coming in DLC updates that will be free to Kickstarter backers upon the game's release. 

-A full length webcomic following the game's characters in their day to day lives in the same time span as the game's story to help broaden the game world.

The game is in an early stage of development and should be fully completed by this time next year. When we started this project and up to now all development expenses have come out of pocket with myself working an extra job to help pay for it. Starting my Freshman year of college this upcoming fall semester, it's not realistic for us to continue doing this. To help aid the game's development, we're taking our game to kickstarter! 

If you'd like more info check out my studio's website at

https://sdsvgame.com/

Our twitter page at https://twitter.com/sdsvgame

Itch.io sdsvg.itch.io/keizu

Don't miss the Kickstarter campaign's launch July 5th where limited edition merch and rewards will be available!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sdsvg/keizu-a-life-in-the-woods

Edited by J3bees
title edit