Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Beatrice

'306 The Game' [Fan-made VN/Free] (Chapter 1 - 4 Release)

9abbb2b82bbfa79a6e49436d288cc6b0db847f09
                                                                                       (in-game art, depicting several of the characters)

Basic plot : A certain class in a university are picked up by their teacher for a special competition held in Japan. 16 kids are sent to Japan to compete in a game and only one of them can win the prize. Each day, somebody is eliminated from the island. They are split in two teams - Tsubame Gaeshi and Sandandzuki. Challenges are inspired by Japan and the losing team votes off one of their member each chapter.

The game has mystery themes similar to Danganronpa and each character is eliminated from the island every chapter. We frequently use DG, Umineko, Corpse Party soundtrack and it has quite a similar vibe.

b350d572d84443792313af231ed788c6c0b7e1c4

So far we have 4 Chapters - Prologue, Chapter 1, 2 and 3. We have designed the characters ourselves and we have a lot of original art, every other asset (such as the backgrounds or the music) has been picked out on the internet and we do not own their copyright. This is not a commercialized project, it’s completely free.

65c94ebc238c7d816b4b0f9c80bb1e2b4422387c

The game was never meant to be a public release until now, so I would very much enjoy hearing what must be done so that the work is accessible to a wider audience. (The language used in the game is quite profane for now but I am looking into releasing a censored down version in the future)

I would really appreciate it if some of you gave it a chance.

Default text speed is set to "instant" so you'll have to regulate that from the "Preferences"

Come join us at our Discord  https://discord.gg/sdYW7g

d53c5b46b877624c0ecc2a64926236230defd304
Edited by Beatrice

Technical info
Engine : Nscripter (written over Ciconia When they Cry's script)
Resolution : 720p
Only works on Windows, no Mac support.

Just curious, why did you got with Nscripter? Renpy seems to be the industry standard for EVNs and it has Windows, Mac and Linux (as well as mobile) support. 

45 minutes ago, Zalor said:

Just curious, why did you got with Nscripter? Renpy seems to be the industry standard for EVNs and it has Windows, Mac and Linux (as well as mobile) support. 

Back in 2016, me and my friends were just fooling around with the idea about making a game about ourselves and we needed a fast result. It was really easy to edit out Umineko out of its script and put whatever we wanted in its place, didn't take much time and the language was easy as well. The project stopped after the completion of the prologue.

In late 2019-2020, I've decided to revive it and that's when 1-3 chapters were written. I continued editing Umineko's script and then eventually I ported it over to Ciconia's for that 720p resolution. 

Nscripter... sucks and I totally agree with you about Renpy and I want to port everything over to Renpy. Plus, I'd feel much better knowing that I built the script rather than use 7th Expansion's coding. The problem is that I don't have much time to learn Renpy's language but I'll definitely do it someday.

Edited by Beatrice

2 hours ago, Beatrice said:

Back in 2016, me and my friends were just fooling around with the idea about making a game about ourselves and we needed a fast result. It was really easy to edit out Umineko out of its script and put whatever we wanted in its place, didn't take much time and the language was easy as well. The project stopped after the completion of the prologue.

In late 2019-2020, I've decided to revive it and that's when 1-3 chapters were written. I continued editing Umineko's script and then eventually I ported it over to Ciconia's for that 720p resolution. 

Nscripter... sucks and I totally agree with you about Renpy and I want to port everything over to Renpy. Plus, I'd feel much better knowing that I built the script rather than use 7th Expansion's coding. The problem is that I don't have much time to learn Renpy's language but I'll definitely do it someday.

That's quite understandable, re-porting is a huge pain in the ass. Especially when you've been working with a specific engine for so long. So I understand where you're coming from.

I'll look into Renpy for a future release. This one is more like 'testing the waters' and I very much would enjoy some feedback and criticism.