Greetings, nice to meet you

Joachim

Greetings everyone, my name is Joachim, nice to meet you. I'm 23 and live in France near Paris.

After watching the anime Angel Beats I got interested in the production behind it and found out about Key and visual novels. I tried out Clannad but found the protagonist too cynical, and despite liking the other characters I stopped reading it. Only after Katawa Shoujo did I become really passionate and read Kanon, Clannad and Tsukihime. My school days being bad memories, and having broke with my girlfriend, these kind of fantasies got me deeply invested emotionnaly. I went recently back to it after reading Saya no uta, wich I think got the most impact on me. I kind of felt liberated reading it.

Beside visual novels, I like video games, anime, history books and science fiction (Robert Heinlein is my favourite author).

I found Fuwanovel searching for Steins;Gate and I'm amazed by the considerable content avaible to me now, thank you !

I hope to enjoy my time with you guys !

Greetings everyone, my name is Joachim, nice to meet you. I'm 23 and live in France near Paris.

After watching the anime Angel Beats I got interested in the production behind it and found out about Key and visual novels. I tried out Clannad but found the protagonist too cynical, and despite liking the other characters I stopped reading it. Only after Katawa Shoujo did I become really passionate and read Kanon, Clannad and Tsukihime. My school days being bad memories, and having broke with my girlfriend, these kind of fantasies got me deeply invested emotionnaly. I went recently back to it after reading Saya no uta, wich I think got the most impact on me. I kind of felt liberated reading it.

Beside visual novels, I like video games, anime, history books and science fiction (Robert Heinlein is my favourite author).

I found Fuwanovel searching for Steins;Gate and I'm amazed by the considerable content avaible to me now, thank you !

I hope to enjoy my time with you guys !

Hey there Joachim, welcome to Fuwanovel!! If you have any questions or anything, feel free to ask!!

Clannad, to me, is one of THE best, most emotional, stories in Anime/VN. The Anime is so amazing, so if you havnt see it I would recommend that highly. Just make sure you watch Clannad and Clannad: After Story.

Anyway, relax, put your feet up, and enjoy the wonder that is Visual Novels!!!

Hey there Joachim, welcome to Fuwanovel!! If you have any questions or anything, feel free to ask!!

Clannad, to me, is one of THE best, most emotional, stories in Anime/VN. The Anime is so amazing, so if you havnt see it I would recommend that highly. Just make sure you watch Clannad and Clannad: After Story.

Anyway, relax, put your feet up, and enjoy the wonder that is Visual Novels!!!

Thank you !

I never watched adaptions of visual novels because I always wonder how they manage to have the whole story in 13 or 23 episodes without losing the flow. But you convinced me to try it !

Would you recommend me the anime version of Kanon aswell ?

Welcome. Which route in Katawa Shoujo was your favorite?

The only one I got through is Emi's. Her cheering was providential even in my real life :).

Wich route did you like the most ?

Thank you !

I never watched adaptions of visual novels because I always wonder how they manage to have the whole story in 13 or 23 episodes without losing the flow. But you convinced me to try it !

The only one I got through is Emi's. Her cheering was providential even in my real life :).

Absolutely. Id recommend Kanon, just make sure its the Kanon2006, the original from 2002 isn't as good. Also from Key, Id recommend Air as well. Its has the same theme, very emotional just outstanding Anime.

Anyway, if u need help finding them, let me know ill get you some links ;)

Absolutely. Id recommend Kanon, just make sure its the Kanon2006, the original from 2002 isn't as good. Also from Key, Id recommend Air as well. Its has the same theme, very emotional just outstanding Anime.

Anyway, if u need help finding them, let me know ill get you some links ;)

I found some links, thank you :). What anime or visual novel is the most memorable to you ?

Thank you !

So far I have done Emi's and Hanako's. I am half-way through Shizune's. The one I have liked the most so far was Hanako's. I can't wait to do Lily's and Rin's.

I'm new here too but I felt like just saying hello and it's nice to see a fellow european here :)

Personaly I though Rins route was great and it even affected me a lot after I had played it. Some people doesn't like her because she's strange but I usualy like the strange ones :)

welcome Joachim. I have heard a lot about Robert Heinlein, but didn't have a chance to read any of his works just yet. Maybe now I will. Katawa shoujo is one of the best free game I've ever played, you should try other routes as well.

Anyway, nice to meet you~

Thank you !

So far I have done Emi's and Hanako's. I am half-way through Shizune's. The one I have liked the most so far was Hanako's. I can't wait to do Lily's and Rin's.

Do you like Shizune's route so far ? She seemed kind of scary :lol: .

I'm new here too but I felt like just saying hello and it's nice to see a fellow european here :)

Personaly I though Rins route was great and it even affected me a lot after I had played it. Some people doesn't like her because she's strange but I usualy like the strange ones :)

I thought her painting project was impressive ! I like odd ones too, so she might be my next route :).

welcome Joachim. I have heard a lot about Robert Heinlein, but didn't have a chance to read any of his works just yet. Maybe now I will. Katawa shoujo is one of the best free game I've ever played, you should try other routes as well.

Anyway, nice to meet you~

You should give Starship Trooper a try then. My favourite would be The Moon Is a Harsh Mistress though.

I will play the others routes as soon as all the new content has dwindled. As much as I liked playing Katawa Shoujo there is a considerable step in production values with some other works like Steins;Gate. I'm curious how far it can go :).

Thank you !

Do you like Shizune's route so far ? She seemed kind of scary :lol: .

I thought her painting project was impressive ! I like odd ones too, so she might be my next route :).

You should give Starship Trooper a try then. My favourite would be The Moon Is a Harsh Mistress though.

I will play the others routes as soon as all the new content has dwindled. As much as I liked playing Katawa Shoujo there is a considerable step in production values with some other works like Steins;Gate. I'm curious how far it can go :).

Yes and no. Shizune and Misha are great characters but the route itself so far is dull. It may pick up when I get further into it but right now I am not really liking it which is a shame because I think Misha is awesome.

Yes and no. Shizune and Misha are great characters but the route itself so far is dull. It may pick up when I get further into it but right now I am not really liking it which is a shame because I think Misha is awesome.

Misha is cute :D.

It's painful and you are still not giving up, I wish I had your patience :lol: !

Welcome Joachim~~~

I just started watching Steins;gate. seems interesting. maybe i'll read the VN later...

Agree, Watch clannad movie (motion picture) too. it compressed nagisa route to 90 minutes. but you still can feel the point of their story... i watched it 3 times and crying 3 times too (T _T)...

Key/visualart is great! i just finished downloading little busters and from fuwanovel and want to try it immediately...

From a fellow newbie, welcome to Fuwa!

Going to read Katawa Shoujo this November myself, looking forward to it <3

Thank you :).

I hope you'll enjoy it !

Welcome Joachim~~~

I just started watching Steins;gate. seems interesting. maybe i'll read the VN later...

Agree, Watch clannad movie (motion picture) too. it compressed nagisa route to 90 minutes. but you still can feel the point of their story... i watched it 3 times and crying 3 times too (T _T)...

Key/visualart is great! i just finished downloading little busters and from fuwanovel and want to try it immediately...

Do you recommend watching it before the TV show ?

Have fun !

Do you recommend watching it before the TV show ?

Mmm... Not really...

for me I watched TV show first. well, i think it doesn't matter which is first. TV series and Movie has a big difference in storyline and finishing. so even you watch the movie, you'll still surprised about the story in TV...

Mmm... Not really...

for me I watched TV show first. well, i think it doesn't matter which is first. TV series and Movie has a big difference in storyline and finishing. so even you watch the movie, you'll still surprised about the story in TV...

Ok, I'm going to watch the one I fancy the most then. Thank you for your help :).

Bonjour!

Welcome to the world of visual novels, and welcome to Fuwanovel!

Merci ! Vous êtes tous très gentils :D.