What Video Games Are You Playing Right Now?

solidbatman

It would certainly be more convenient to just play it on an emulator. It's not hard to replace the battery though, given you already having a replacement.

The game will never work again unless you change the battery.  I'd be more than happy to walk you through the process if you want (anyone with common sense and a decent handiwork of a screwdriver can do it) but there is a small chance of failure rate.  But if you can never beat the game without turning it off again whats the point.  

Well, I don't already have a replacement battery, and I doubt any local game shops would have them, since every version of the GB is now considered "old school".  I think I'll just take the easy way out and try emulating it.  Any good ROM hosting sites?

Well, I don't already have a replacement battery, and I doubt any local game shops would have them, since every version of the GB is now considered "old school".  I think I'll just take the easy way out and try emulating it.  Any good ROM hosting sites?

It's a CR2025.  They're like three dollars for a 5 pack online. 

Here's the site I used but I'll give you some extra pointers if you decide to do it.

BTW, if a mod wants to move this discussion to the central Pokemon topic for future reference it might be helpful. 

Well, I think I might have gone a little overboard with the ROMs.  I now have Pokemon Yellow, Pokemon Crystal, LoZ: The Minish Cap, Fire Emblem, and Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones.  Think I'm set for a while.

It's a CR2025.  They're like three dollars for a 5 pack online. 

Here's the site I used but I'll give you some extra pointers if you decide to do it.

BTW, if a mod wants to move this discussion to the central Pokemon topic for future reference it might be helpful.

Well, even though I have the ROM and can play it on an emulator, I still kinda want to get my physical copy of Silver working again.  I think I will get some of those batteries after all.  Thanks for the links.

Well, I think I might have gone a little overboard with the ROMs.  I now have Pokemon Yellow, Pokemon Crystal, LoZ: The Minish Cap, Fire Emblem, and Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones.  Think I'm set for a while.

Well, even though I have the ROM and can play it on an emulator, I still kinda want to get my physical copy of Silver working again.  I think I will get some of those batteries after all.  Thanks for the links.

No problem, I recommend using electrical tape if you have it, it'll hold it on a lot better.   If it doesn't work at first don't assume its wrong (so I wouldn't screw it on real tight until I check it).  Take it out, re-tape it, apply more tape and try again.  Once you get the hang of it its quite easy, I got mine to the point where I can throw the cartridges across the room and they won't dislodge but I would avoid bumping it around as much as possible. 

No problem, I recommend using electrical tape if you have it, it'll hold it on a lot better.   If it doesn't work at first don't assume its wrong (so I wouldn't screw it on real tight until I check it).  Take it out, re-tape it, apply more tape and try again.  Once you get the hang of it its quite easy, I got mine to the point where I can throw the cartridges across the room and they won't dislodge but I would avoid bumping it around as much as possible. 

Okay, ordered the batteries from Amazon.  Love how they're tax-free and have free shipping.  I'll be getting them either tomorrow or the day after tomorrow.

Just bought Persona 3 FES and Persona 4 for the PS2.  So, sometime between August 15-20, I shall return to my lonely PS2 and turn that sucker back on.

Brings back such good memories of playing Battlefront 2, and taking advantage of the backwards compatibility to play Spyro: Year of the Dragon and Crash Team Racing.

Just bought Persona 3 FES and Persona 4 for the PS2.  So, sometime between August 15-20, I shall return to my lonely PS2 and turn that sucker back on.

Brings back such good memories of playing Battlefront 2, and taking advantage of the backwards compatibility to play Spyro: Year of the Dragon and Crash Team Racing.

The persona series is awesome if you like JRPGs, I had Persona 4 for the ps2, beat it then sold it, now I have Persona 4 Golden for the vita.

Any idea which you're going to start with? (I'd be interested to hear other peoples opinions on this as well.)  I personally played 4 first (which I think was wise for mechanics sake) and then went back and played 3 later but if you're fine with challenging RPGs you could start with 3 (since I hold it's the better story). 

BTW try to avoid spoilers as much as possible. 

Any idea which you're going to start with? (I'd be interested to hear other peoples opinions on this as well.)  I personally played 4 first (which I think was wise for mechanics sake) and then went back and played 3 later but if you're fine with challenging RPGs you could start with 3 (since I hold it's the better story). 

BTW try to avoid spoilers as much as possible. 

Honestly, I have no idea which one I'm going to play first.  I haven't played a lot of traditional RPGs, but I've played a lot of FFTA, and older versions of the Sims, so I have basic to average experience with both simulation and RPG games.

Most of the RPGs I've played are in real time, not turn-based, like Fallout 3, Dragon Age: Origins, the Mass Effects, etc.

Honestly, I have no idea which one I'm going to play first.  I haven't played a lot of traditional RPGs, but I've played a lot of FFTA, and older versions of the Sims, so I have basic to average experience with both simulation and RPG games.

Most of the RPGs I've played are in real time, not turn-based, like Fallout 3, Dragon Age: Origins, the Mass Effects, etc.

If you're not used to turn-based I highly recommend you start with 4.  3 can be a little...discouraging at first so starting 4 will let you get the feel of things and you'll only not understand about 2 minutes of the story. 

If you're not used to turn-based I highly recommend you start with 4.  3 can be a little...discouraging at first so starting 4 will let you get the feel of things and you'll only not understand about 2 minutes of the story. 

The only turn-based RPGs I've played are like like FFTA (you control a party of 6 characters, it utilizes a grid-based movement system with a turn order based on each character's speed stat), but I've never really gotten into the main FF series.  Guess I'll go with your advice, then.  From the gameplay synopsis on Wikipedia, it seems like 4 is more forgiving than 3 is, so that might keep me from rage quitting.

The only turn-based RPGs I've played are like like FFTA (you control a party of 6 characters, it utilizes a grid-based movement system with a turn order based on each character's speed stat), but I've never really gotten into the main FF series.  Guess I'll go with your advice, then.  From the gameplay synopsis on Wikipedia, it seems like 4 is more forgiving than 3 is, so that might keep me from rage quitting.

Stray Cat is right, P4 is much more forgiving in terms of some fight mechanics and overall dungeon approach. Also it allows a much earlier entryway to most of the social interactions that will help you in your fights in a somewhat indirect way than P3. If you want to learn more about game mechanics and want a little more lighthearted story and characters start with P3, otherwise plunge right into the Lion's den.

Edited by madvanced

Stray Cat is right, P4 is much more forgiving in terms of some fight mechanics and overall dungeon approach. Also it allows a much earlier entryway to most of the social interactions that will help you in your fights in a somewhat indirect way than P3. If you want to learn more about game mechanics and want a little more light heated story and characters start with P4, otherwise plunge right into the Lion's den.

Never fear my child, soon the words "Marin Karin" will strike fear into his heart just like the rest of us. 

Never fear my child, soon the words "Marin Karin" will strike fear into his heart just like the rest of us. 

That move's a nightmare, not just in the persona series, in other smt games too, nekomata wiped me out in the beginning of nocturne because of that.

Yep canceled my WoW subscription... again. Try and try to get back into it and fail every time T_T 

I did just buy this though http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EN27TCI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 for osu! and online school (really just a justification for buying it the real reason is osu!). Maybe I can get into digital art now with it. Who knows what magical things will happen next.

Oh shit, is it like the Ultima abilities from the Final Fantasy games?  In FFTA, if you had a Hunter learn Ultima Shot, the whole game was pretty much on ulta easy mode after that.  It's a long range nuke that has a stupid high hit-rate for how much damage it does.  Sure, it cost a lot of mana to cast, but if it hit, boom, KO, rinse and repeat.

EDIT: Wow.  I googled it, and...I don't think I'm going to enjoy the battles in Persona 3 FES as much as I thought I would  xD  That sounds annoying as hell.

tumblr_ljvpfsQVIg1qelsdjo1_500.jpg

Yep canceled my WoW subscription... again. Try and try to get back into it and fail every time T_T

From what I've heard, WoW is getting crappier and crappier with every expansion.  If you have to add an option/item to make the game decently hard again, there's something inherently wrong.

Oh shit, is it like the Ultima abilities from the Final Fantasy games?  In FFTA, if you had a Hunter learn Ultima Shot, the whole game was pretty much on ulta easy mode after that.  It's a long range nuke that has a stupid high hit-rate for how much damage it does.  Sure, it cost a lot of mana to cast, but if it hit, boom, KO, rinse and repeat.

EDIT: Wow.  I googled it, and...I don't think I'm going to enjoy the battles in Persona 3 FES as much as I thought I would  xD  That sounds annoying as hell.

tumblr_ljvpfsQVIg1qelsdjo1_500.jpg

From what I've heard, WoW is getting crappier and crappier with every expansion.  If you have to add an option/item to make the game decently hard again, there's something inherently wrong.

Marin Karin is in both games iirc, it's just that it is usually casted more commonly in P3/P3 FES. However both P3 and P4 are awesome games.