What Video Games Are You Playing Right Now?

solidbatman

Finished Bioshock Infinite the other day, it was a very pleasant surprise, seeing how I'm not a big fan of the original Bioshock but loved this one.

What did you think of the ending? I can't quite say it was bad but it definitely rubbed me the wrong way.

I'm giving The Last Remnant a go. The battle system seems quite interesting.

What did you think of the ending? I can't quite say it was bad but it definitely rubbed me the wrong way.

I thought it would've been cooler if the game itself hadn't spoiled the twist in advance. 

A bit before the final battle Comstock says something along the lines of "you always had a penchant for self destruction" so that pretty much ruined the surprise. The ending itself didn't leave a strong impression on me, but I did find the story cool after reading more about it online, and discovering things I missed.

I rather liked TLR as well.  I enjoyed my time with the PC version much more than with the 360 version though, it fixed most of the issues that prevented me from finishing the 360 version.

As for what I'm playing, I just beat Cernunnos, the second stratum boss, in Etrian Odyssey : Untold.  My easiest boss fight so far, I got him on my first try. (Though he almost wiped my party a couple of times.)  Moving onwards to the 3rd stratum now!

Trying to play Farcry 3, im about 40% through the story, but every so often the client downright crashes.  It get's really frustrating when I have to run to a far outpost because there are no cars out of the 30 million on the island that are there, get to the outpost, kill everyone but one last guy, only for it to crash and start me at the last safe house I was at.

Well I finished Far Cry 3, literally everything.  Got all the collectables, finished the Story and Co-op missions, unlocked every weapon + attachment + color and have all the skills.  It was enjoyable for the first 30 hours, after that I hated my life.

I'm going to relax and play Final Fantasy XIV and some more Hearthstone now since finals are over.

Just played and finished Gone Home. It was...interesting, in the way where I don't regret playing it but wouldn't pick it up again.

It had a really impressive attention to detail to make the house feel lived in, and it was nice to see smaller side-stories running alongside the main one to bring the family as a whole to life. When it came down to it though, I don't think I had much fun playing it. I finished it more out of a "well, i've come this far already" determination than anything else.

P.S. The music cassettes were terrible =P

Just played and finished Gone Home. It was...interesting, in the way where I don't regret playing it but wouldn't pick it up again.

It had a really impressive attention to detail to make the house feel lived in, and it was nice to see smaller side-stories running alongside the main one to bring the family as a whole to life. When it came down to it though, I don't think I had much fun playing it. I finished it more out of a "well, i've come this far already" determination than anything else.

P.S. The music cassettes were terrible =P

Ah, I hate to hear that. Admittingly, it might be better to call it an experience rather than a game itself. You could say it's just walking through a house and you wouldn't be wrong. Still, I found the entire experience engrossing and it got me properly engaged in the mystery as to what happened to Kaitlin's sister. I went in expected a horror game (which was reinforced by the message on the answering machine) and had it pleasantly subverted by the game's end. Those moment's leading up the attic were very gripping, not knowing fully what to expect to find up there. (Though, you could probably guess the ending if you're expecting something contrary to the what the game seems to be leading you to believe).

Definitely one of my games of the year, though I can easily see why not everyone would have fun like I did playing it.

Anyway. Picked up Beyond: Two Souls, SMT IV, and Tales of Xillia. Put a few hours each into the latter two. Enjoying them so far. Gonna have to pick which one gets my attention first though, don't like playing games like those side-by-side.

Ah, I hate to hear that. Admittingly, it might be better to call it an experience rather than a game itself. You could say it's just walking through a house and you wouldn't be wrong. Still, I found the entire experience engrossing and it got me properly engaged in the mystery as to what happened to Kaitlin's sister. I went in expected a horror game (which was reinforced by the message on the answering machine) and had it pleasantly subverted by the game's end. Those moment's leading up the attic were very gripping, not knowing fully what to expect to find up there. (Though, you could probably guess the ending if you're expecting something contrary to the what the game seems to be leading you to believe).

Definitely one of my games of the year, though I can easily see why not everyone would have fun like I did playing it.

Anyway. Picked up Beyond: Two Souls, SMT IV, and Tales of Xillia. Put a few hours each into the latter two. Enjoying them so far. Gonna have to pick which one gets my attention first though, don't like playing games like those side-by-side.

I sort of knew it wasn't a horror game, so all of the atmosphere swept right over my head XD It did get a lot more interesting near the end when you were finding clues more often but at the start I spent so much time searching rooms for very little reward. I liked how subtle some of the clues were (imagining what might have happened with Ranger Rick was amusing), though some of the storylines didn't feature often enough (like what happened to the house's original owner).

I sort of knew it wasn't a horror game, so all of the atmosphere swept right over my head XD It did get a lot more interesting near the end when you were finding clues more often but at the start I spent so much time searching rooms for very little reward. I liked how subtle some of the clues were (imagining what might have happened with Ranger Rick was amusing), though some of the storylines didn't feature often enough (like what happened to the house's original owner).

Yeah, the ranger Rick stuff was amusing. IIRC, the original house's owner was your uncle. There's some subtle hints and some speculation that:

he molested the father when he was growing up

which would explain his pleas for forgiveness and his alienation from the family (and also the creepy hidden part of his house that had toys and a child's measurements.)