What Video Games Are You Playing Right Now?

solidbatman

Maybe. Maybe not. It's Gearbox. Besides Borderlands, since 2008 / 2009, every game they produce fails. Poor sales. Poor reviews. Seems they're destined to be remembered for Borderlands and nothing else.  They already started pre-production.

By the way, do you really want them to make new Band of Brothers? Did you know Battleborn started as a sequel to it? 

This is the game they wanted to make :

Totally against the tone of the originals.

So they decided to cancel it, use what they had, and make Battleborn.

This is what Gearbox is now. They have -zero- interest in doing a serious game, ever again.

15 minutes ago, Mkilbride said:

Maybe. Maybe not. It's Gearbox. Besides Borderlands, since 2008 / 2009, every game they produce fails. Poor sales. Poor reviews. Seems they're destined to be remembered for Borderlands and nothing else.  They already started pre-production.

By the way, do you really want them to make new Band of Brothers? Did you know Battleborn started as a sequel to it? 

This is the game they wanted to make :

Totally against the tone of the originals.

So they decided to cancel it, use what they had, and make Battleborn.

This is what Gearbox is now. They have -zero- interest in doing a serious game, ever again.

I still hope, or at least, let them sell their IP to a good producer. 

Just played Pokemon TCG Online. The new expansion pack, Steam Siege, is released today - and it's terribly unbalanced. Lots of overpowered cards, especially the two Hoopa with 130 damage and no repercussions like "do damage to self or your benched Pokemon". If you thought Battle Ruler's Zygarde was bad, wait till you see Hoopa.

And then there's the newly introduced dual-type Pokemon cards. Hoooo boy. Galvantula knocked out a benched Froakie and Magikarp in one single turn using its Grass/Electric dual-type! Replace Magikarp with someone of 60 HP and electric/grass weakness and he would be knocked out too. 2 BENCHED Pokemon knocked out in one turn by a Stage 1 Pokemon. What. The. Fuck. lol

So yeah, it makes theme battles a lot easier, or a lot harder, depending on your hand. Non-theme battles should be easier to handle Steam Siege cards because non-theme decks are more complex in nature, but for those used to theme battles like me, Steam Siege makes all the difference in the metagame. As if the game wasn't unbalanced enough already. :makina:

Just played a little bit of Prototype. It's okay, I guess. I wish InFamous was on the PC as well, as I heard it's a better game. I hate how there are these jumping and racing events that have medals to them. I mean, sure, it's not necessary to earn the gold medals for each event... but it's practically baiting you to repeat the stupid thing over and over again until you get the perfect jump through the whole thing. :makina:

Curse Sony for canceling InFamous for Vita.

1 hour ago, Lucius said:

Just played a little bit of Prototype. It's okay, I guess. I wish InFamous was on the PC as well, as I heard it's a better game. I hate how there are these jumping and racing events that have medals to them. I mean, sure, it's not necessary to earn the gold medals for each event... but it's practically baiting you to repeat the stupid thing over and over again until you get the perfect jump through the whole thing. :makina:

Curse Sony for canceling InFamous for Vita.

Eh, I tried infamous, I think PRototype is way better. Much funner combat. Story-wise, both are crap.

Just now, Mkilbride said:

Eh, I tried infamous, I think PRototype is way better. Much funner combat. Story-wise, both are crap.

I like the whole "choose to be good/evil" option in InFamous though. I like video games with that, such as the Mass Effect trilogy.

7 minutes ago, Kurisu-Chan said:

saints row IV is funnier in that kind of game. 

Saints Row IV got old fast for me. Lots of grinding on events that you need to earn medals for. I hate medals. And all events have a copy of themselves, albeit in harder difficulty. Okay, so not the exact copy, but the events/bonus missions are still annoying to me.

The story is okay, I guess. I had some laughs in Saints Row the Third, but by the time SRIV came along, it just lost the flavor for me for some reason. I couldn't stand the game for more than a few hours of gameplay. The comedy just didn't do anything for me - and this is coming from a guy who likes hyperbolic comedy like Gintama.

I wasn't aware that there was a third game from Zettai Zetsumei Toshi for the psp!! I'm going to download it and hope that it works with the emulator :marie:

after 1 frustrating hour... got it working.

Spoiler

rPPptlP.jpg

to anyone that wants to play it, you need to use this cheat code or it wont let you pick your character in the main screen

_C0 freeze workaround
_L 0x20039300 0x00000000
_C0 freeze workaround [Disable]
_L 0x20039300 0x0E2F2AFA

then save the game and play it normally, if you want to hook the text use ithvnr, it works just fine.

Edited by Deep Blue

this fucking game xD
it's full of things like this I love it xD I'm going to play the asshole way xD(It doesnt help that I named my character aaa lol i was planning on playing with the girl but it just gets funnier and funnier and i only played a few minutes )

Spoiler

NOFFIIf.jpg

btw im still working around about the speed of the game, the character moves way too fast and I still cant fix that

EDIT: figured it out, you need to use that fix or the game speed will go crazy. 

My update on Phantom Brave PC: After grinding for 15 hours, all my characters are now around level 120-150 and I managed somehow to fusion a level 900 sword with +9000 attack. The combat is now tolerable since I'm one hit killing anything. As for the characters so far I only like Marona, maybe it's because everyone else is behaving like an ass towards her. Oh, and Ash is still shouting: For her sake, I will not fail! Maybe he'll learn some other sentences until the end of the game. (I really hope so)

25 minutes ago, Funyarinpa said:

thanks to the HENkaku hack on Vita, I can now play SNES games the way I want to play them.

Besides Chrono Trigger and FFVI, what else is there on SNES with a good story?

P.S: Super Metroid is love

EarthBound comes into my mind, if you like turn-based combat, quirky humor with changing themes, cosmic horror and chaotic fantasy. Mix it together with childish graphics and you'll get EarthBound.

Gave Prototype another shot. Think I dislike it more the second time I play. The controls are terrible on the KBM.

Can't wait for my Vita to arrive so that I could play video games the way they're meant to be played - the buttons in the palm of your hand, not spread out everywhere.

Zero Time Dilemma

Spoiler

Holy shit. Holy fucking shit. I wasn't expecting the controversial D-End 2 to be that of all things. Holy SHIT. Fuck mang. Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck FUCK. Seeing Diana go from "Hey, it's peaceful" to borderline breakdown ("If you don't hate me, then sleep with me." gave me the biggest fucking chills since I first played Clover END) to the hilariously campy pod scene to the twins to seeing Diana place the pendant and the brooch inside the Input pods. Seeing Sigma find happiness after all those years, decades, timelines. Diana's smile. The bittersweetness of it all.

ZTD overall didn't give me the feeling I'm really playing the conclusion to Zero Escape, but D-End 2, although it didn't make me cry, gave me the feeling of ultimate payoff. It wouldn't be too hyperbolic to say it repaired the wound Luna END left on my soul three years ago.

Easily the best thing about ZTD so far, and I'd call it Uchi's A-game (something I would not say for the VLR timeline ending or any other scene). 

my expectations are slowly rising for ZTD. maybe I'll be one of the few who ends up loving the ending. Hopefully so.

Life is good.

Vita certa, hora incerta.

6 hours ago, Funyarinpa said:

thanks to the HENkaku hack on Vita, I can now play SNES games the way I want to play them.

Besides Chrono Trigger and FFVI, what else is there on SNES with a good story?

P.S: Super Metroid is love

EarthBound is one-of-a-kind and something everybody ought to play. I really enjoyed Lufia 2 as well, and it even held up when I went back to play it a year or two ago.

Currently playing: Rocket League, Overwatch, The Witcher 3. 

Eagerly awaiting: Dark Souls III DLC. It CANNOT COME FAST ENOUGH. I'm even, ugh, considering buying Dark Souls 2 SoTFS, despite not wanting to give From money from that embarrassment to their name. I only later found out it was the B-Team, and then it made sense...especially when they charge you for a freaking update, disgusts me...but it's been on sale for 10$, cheap enough, and even a bad Dark Souls game is still a pretty good normal game.

Played some of Steve Jackson's Sorcery (and Sorcery 2) and (very) little bit of "Hand of Fate". The Sorcery trilogy was advertised to be similar to the Mass Effect trilogy, but the difference is quite distinctive. In particular, the choices are sometimes forced, and choosing to be an asshole would cost you rewards (instead of just leaving you alone and providing you a fun time).

Hand of Fate got boring fast. A combination of TCG and D&D, both of which I'm not a big fan of. Even though it's advertised as a game with many different outcomes, the different outcomes just feel like the same scenario with vaguely different flavors. Yes, Mass Effect 3 did the same thing with its ending, but even that game had more nuance than Hand of Fate, which is pretty much just "kill monster A to collect loot B". Ugh, I hate D&D RPGs.