What Video Games Are You Playing Right Now?

solidbatman

10 hours ago, Jade said:

Just finished playing Growlanser II.

The story is kinda okay but by god i vehemntly dislike both the combat and the stupid random encounter quite a far cry from Growlanser IV really.

Growlanser II is effectively a fandisc for Growlanser I. In fact, Growlanser III is actually the "second" game the Growlanser staff planned to make. Hope you played the first one first or else the story might not have made much sense, lol.

I've played every Growlanser game and I think Growlanser II has actually the best battles of the whole series. Probably because you don't really have a world to explore (or at least the "time" to explore) and the opportunity to level, and all your characters are balanced because they can't learn just every skill there is, so every battle is actually very strategic.
While I think Growlanser IV is a good game, for me the gameplay was ruined by the fact that overleveling is so damn easy in this game. After 1/3 of the game, my characters were demi-gods thanks to all the skills they learned and literally every battle thereafter was a farce. That's really a big flaw. Luckily they changed that in Growlanser V and it wasn't as easy to overpower your characters anymore.

Sadly I can't remember even one interesting or tough fight in Growlanser IV, while I remember many thrilling battles in Growlanser II. :(

3 hours ago, Tyrosyn said:

Growlanser II is effectively a fandisc for Growlanser I. In fact, Growlanser III is actually the "second" game the Growlanser staff planned to make. Hope you played the first one first or else the story might not have made much sense, lol.

I've played every Growlanser game and I think Growlanser II has actually the best battles of the whole series. Probably because you don't really have a world to explore (or at least the "time" to explore) and the opportunity to level, and all your characters are balanced because they can't learn just every skill there is, so every battle is actually very strategic.
While I think Growlanser IV is a good game, for me the gameplay was ruined by the fact that overleveling is so damn easy in this game. After 1/3 of the game, my characters were demi-gods thanks to all the skills they learned and literally every battle thereafter was a farce. That's really a big flaw. Luckily they changed that in Growlanser V and it wasn't as easy to overpower your characters anymore.

Sadly I can't remember even one interesting or tough fight in Growlanser IV, while I remember many thrilling battles in Growlanser II. :(

Shit i know that there's something i missing :vinty:

The AI in Growlanser II is kinda dumb and their pathfinding is and you don't have choice to be strategic less the AI screw it up :P

17 hours ago, Jade said:

Currently playing Shadow Hearts Covenant. Can't say much about the story yet since i'm not that far but i'm definitely liking the humor in this game. 

I hope you played the first part of the series this time xD

I was actually somewhat disappointed in the slow beginning of Shadow Hearts 2, but the game just keeps getting better and better, starting with Russia.
I missed the creepy horror atmosphere of the first Shadow Hearts though.

7 hours ago, Tyrosyn said:

I hope you played the first part of the series this time xD

I was actually somewhat disappointed in the slow beginning of Shadow Hearts 2, but the game just keeps getting better and better, starting with Russia.
I missed the creepy horror atmosphere of the first Shadow Hearts though.

....this is becoming a pattern isn't it? :vinty:

Welp going too far too late to play the original and i just finish Russia anyway :Teeku:

Woke up this morning with a Pokemon bug for some reason - no, not Caterpie. The 'obsession' kind of bug. :makina: So now I feel like playing some Pokemon! As the Pokemon Advanced theme song goes, "gonna start all over again!" Particularly with Pokemon Ash Gray, a ROM based on the first season of the Pokemon anime. Because c'mon, that season is nostalgically fun.[/genwunner]

Playing a bit of katamari damacy after getting a bit tired of I am setsuna, my god what a fucking crazy awesome game, the music 10/10, seriously the music in this game is top notch, it goes from jazz and bossa nova to mambo lol and all the tracks are AMAZING oh and the lyrics lmao, just epic! How did I miss this game for so many years:sacchan:
The weirdness 10/10, just fun to play and roll things up, I rate katamari damacy a katamari out of a giant octopus.

On the other hand beautiful katamari was good but nothing like damacy, just a shadow of it.

On 2016/7/26 at 9:37 PM, Jade said:

Welp going too far too late to play the original and i just finish Russia anyway :Teeku:

That is sad. You will miss out on many emotional scenes, characters and story if you don't know what happened in Shadow Hearts 1. Even though the game tries to make you believe in the beginning that it is a standalone title, it really isn't and the whole story on the second disc will depend strongly on the first Shadow Hearts.
As far as I know the story was actually planned as a standalone story (with Nicolai as the protagonist), but it was changed later in the development so it would be a true sequel to the first.

More PTCGO goodness ("goodness"). They've set up a new Versus ladder with new rewards, but it's pretty similar to one of the older Versus ladder rewards a few weeks back, nothing special. Then again, these Versus rewards never seem to have anything top-tier anyway.

On the other hand, Pokemon Ash Gray is going well. A few hiccups with difficulty spikes, but nothing a few Gameshark codes won't resolve.

On 29/7/2016 at 11:36 AM, Kurisu-Chan said:

started Brothers in arms : hell's highway, man that game is really interesting, WW2 is just soo cool, rushing through german machineguns with your squad is fun.

brothers in arms saga is really good, there is nothing like it. Sadly Gearbox Software turned it into a crappy fps multiplayer shooter called Furious 4 and it got cancelled.
Now it seems they are working on a popper sequel but knowing the crap that gearsoft has been releasing lately I wouldnt hold my breath..

Brothers in Arms series is amazing. So was Opposing Force. I'm so sad what Gearbox has become. At least people are starting to notice. Their last game, Battleborn, flopped so hard, they are tens of millions in the red. Hopefully it forces them to re-think their future games.

I'm currently playing The Witcher 2, as I never finished it years ago, and wanna get into The Witcher 3 - now that I got my new GPU, a 1080 GTX, a huge upgrade from my 670 - I finally feel I can dive into alot of games I've been holding out on.

3 hours ago, Mkilbride said:

Brothers in Arms series is amazing. So was Opposing Force. I'm so sad what Gearbox has become. At least people are starting to notice. Their last game, Battleborn, flopped so hard, they are tens of millions in the red. Hopefully it forces them to re-think their future games.

I'm currently playing The Witcher 2, as I never finished it years ago, and wanna get into The Witcher 3 - now that I got my new GPU, a 1080 GTX, a huge upgrade from my 670 - I finally feel I can dive into alot of games I've been holding out on.

Timing to announce this couldn't have been worse. Overwatch looked like everything this game was but an improvement. Not mentioning it was from Blizzard, that alone made the game automatically successful while this flopped really hard.

2 hours ago, Dark_blade64 said:

Timing to announce this couldn't have been worse. Overwatch looked like everything this game was but an improvement. Not mentioning it was from Blizzard, that alone made the game automatically successful while this flopped really hard.

Thing is, they're really different games. I don't think Overwatch had much to do with it. It's Gearbox. After Duke Nukem Forever, Aliens Colonial Marines, and the Pre-sequel, people were very mad at Gearbox, and Gearbox literally said that people being mad at them "made them happy" - This created a Karma storm against them - and it hit when Battleborn dropped. It saw a 50% discount 3 weeks after release. a 75% one 6 weeks after release. Seriously, it was on sale for 10$ a month into release at select stores too.  60$ to 10$ in a month. I've never seen such a drop.

5 hours ago, Mkilbride said:

Thing is, they're really different games. I don't think Overwatch had much to do with it. It's Gearbox. After Duke Nukem Forever, Aliens Colonial Marines, and the Pre-sequel, people were very mad at Gearbox, and Gearbox literally said that people being mad at them "made them happy" - This created a Karma storm against them - and it hit when Battleborn dropped. It saw a 50% discount 3 weeks after release. a 75% one 6 weeks after release. Seriously, it was on sale for 10$ a month into release at select stores too.  60$ to 10$ in a month. I've never seen such a drop.

They are different games. Battleborne plays different compared to Overwatch but before it came out gaming sites were already bashing it in forums comparing it to Overwatch.

Of course. They're both shooters. They both contain a large cast of characters with unique abilities, and both are competitive.  The problem with Battleborn is, they did not advertise it well...at all. NOBODY knew what type of game it was / was going to be. The beta let you play some SP Co-op, but nobody had any idea how the MP was going to be...and well, it fell flat, and Co-op is only 5-6 hours long, so...60$ for BB, or 40$ for Overwatch.

Gearbox made alot of mistakes.

4 hours ago, Mkilbride said:

Of course. They're both shooters. They both contain a large cast of characters with unique abilities, and both are competitive.  The problem with Battleborn is, they did not advertise it well...at all. NOBODY knew what type of game it was / was going to be. The beta let you play some SP Co-op, but nobody had any idea how the MP was going to be...and well, it fell flat, and Co-op is only 5-6 hours long, so...60$ for BB, or 40$ for Overwatch.

Battleborne beta was horrendous. Now like I expected the full-game is fun, Overwatch beta was more fun but I'm not eager to put with the developers hundred rules. I don't like the competitive aspect of the game but the co-op mission were fun, too bad they are like only 8 missions.