What Video Games Are You Playing Right Now?

solidbatman

Finally got more time on my hands to play Zenosaga again.  Just started part 3 I think.

Holy shit the voice acting and other things.  I don't know if it is bad translation, but hearing "little master" with a southern accent is really bothering.  It's like they failed translating Goshujin-sama and they are flaunting it around.  Other inconsistencies are irksome too, but I get the feeling this one is going to grind me for the rest of the game.

Story is still ramping up and I have no idea what to expect, but one thing I have noticed in battles is how vain KOS-MOS is.  One of her victory quotes is "My appearance is down 5%, Shion I need cleaning." and the only thing that goes through my mind is "what, you got a little oil from the robots you are murdering on you?"  I also like to think she is incredibly dominant, and her telling Shion to clean her is more of a command rather than a debug thing.

5%

In commemoration of David Bowie's death (rest in piece), Square-Enix is giving away Omikron: The Nomad Soul until the 22nd. This giveaway is a Steam key, so you'll want to have the Steam client set up to get it.

https://store.na.square-enix.com/product/281956/omikron-the-nomad-soul-pc-download

It looks pretty interesting, so I'll be giving it a shot. You'll be in for a treat if you're a fan of David Bowie. So far, the only common complaint I've come across is the save system. But, for the most part, it seems to be pretty well accepted.

Im currently playing:

The Witcher 3 (I only just got a GPU that can play it at a graphical level that I tolerate)

Ghost In the Shell Stand Alone Complex First Assault Online (AKA shortest video game name 2016 award)

Star Wars Battlefront (I got it free with my gpu. Its meh.)

Aah, Escha & Logy Plus was just what I needed. Laid back and adorable, it just makes me feel really cheerful. 

There's all kinds of nice quality-of-life improvements over the previous titles like consumables restock automatically after going back to village and some other smaller tweaks to combat and UI in general. The crafting system seems like it's streamlined a little, but because I never really got into crafting in-depth in previous games it's hard to say whether it's dumbed down or not. 

New and returning cast is joyful; Linca is moe as ever, adult Willbell is adult pretty much only in looks (barely) and the main due is pretty great too. I thought Logy was going to be the quiet and cool guy based on the few things I looked up before release (like one trailer), but he's actually really nice. And Escha has that cuteness of a energetic puppy, which I guess was the point if the tail accessory is any indication.

It's really nice that there are companies which games you can just buy without looking up anything and still know you're going to like them. Gust is one them for me, and so far they haven't disappointed.

^Tch, if I spend any more $ on games I'm gonna

~~
Now I can finally play Danganronpa AE: Ultra Despair Girls instead of letting it collect virtual dust. I'll try to keep my expectations low and just enjoy it for what it is since that seems to be the common consensus for how this game stacks up to DR1 & 2

1 hour ago, Eclipsed said:

^Tch, if I spend any more $ on games I'm gonna

~~
Now I can finally play Danganronpa AE: Ultra Despair Girls instead of letting it collect virtual dust. I'll try to keep my expectations low and just enjoy it for what it is since that seems to be the common consensus for how this game stacks up to DR1 & 2

Wow, you're done with DR2 already? Did you like it? 

AE is fucking shit, but at least it is short. 

Now that I managed to play Escha & Logy for a more respectable period of time, I'm liking it even more. 

The combat with six party members is crazy, abusable, explosive and really fun. The combat has been always my least favorite part in Atelier and while Ayesha made it somewhat enjoyable, it's always been kind of chore. But now it's actually fun. Unbalanced, but fun. Especially the active support attacks and guards feel nice for something so simple.

I also really like the small changes they made to the alchemy system. Now the alchemy skills are important from the get-go and the alchemy feels more like a puzzle now, which is nice. And thanks to replenishing consumables I don't have waste time and materials for supplies and I can just focus on making something new and worthwhile. 

So far from the new (support) characters Threia is my favorite. I guess I'm sucker for older, dashing and aloof women, but that jacket hanging from the shoulders is just too cool!

Spoiler

A15_Threia.jpg

Now I just need to marathon this game before my copy of Trails of the Cold Steel arrives. I guess it's going to be a busy weekend... 

8 hours ago, Funyarinpa said:

Wow, you're done with DR2 already? Did you like it? 

AE is fucking shit, but at least it is short. 

YES!

~~
AE looks fine so far, about midway through Chapter 1 trying to get to the bridge. Gameplay is a bit clunky & wonky with the shooting and camera and so more often then not I just panic and switch to Genocide Jack if I'm caught in a tight corridor >.>

Setting is nice, DR 1 & 2 were actually pretty 'peaceful' / lacked an immediate sense of danger due to their isolated nature whereas this one bodies are dropping left and right.

I like the mixture of anime style / original Danganronpa art style / 3D for cutscenes, though I slightly miss the paper mario style of environments when exploring, but must admit Komaru & Toko look pretty good in 3D:
XqDIXva.jpg (960×544)

Weakest thing seems to be a lack of a good & colorful cast; 1 & 2 had ~16 very distinct personalities a piece going for them, this one just has the main duo Komaru and Toko and what, these annoying ass villain kids? Obviously can't judge on the story yet.

~~
Probably my BIGGEST disappointment about this game however, is that I was heavily misinformed about...

Super DR2 spoilers!

Spoiler

...The Remnants of Despair being the primary antagonists of this game.

Damn these fanmade images!!!!!!!!!
BrYXwbICQAI7hay.jpg (599×349)BriXRH0CUAIHUjk.jpg (599×349)  BsMGZP5CYAA9a2B.jpg (599×349)BsRUsWhCYAAF2WR.jpg (599×349)BuCQ7PyCIAEU2EM.jpg (600×349)BvZWM69CcAACprk.jpg (600×349)Bv0JcYUCAAE75Gy.jpg (600×349)BwDOqGMCAAAgK5C.jpg (600×349)BwN4is9CIAAQAbW.jpg (600×349) BrioNPACAAE06DQ.jpg (599×349)BwSFpikCIAAul6k.jpg (600×349)

Well, Nagito shows up, but fk him.

Don't you think this game would've been epic if it was about them :makina: 

I decided to put witcher on hold and play Dragons Dogma: Dark Arisen, I never played the xbox or playstation version of the game, but I have to say that the pc port is really well done, the combat is flawless and has no issues, unlike some other pc ports that you have to play with an xbox controller(dark souls),this game is perfectly playable with mouse and keyboard, +1 for that, the graphics are pretty good,and the fps cap for consoles have been removed, but the cinematics look just awful when you compare them with the game, don't know if that's because you can get better looks on the pc or the cinematics just have awful looks. I I had to stop playing dark souls because it was just a pain...and this looks like a really nice alternative with an easier difficulty,only 30 bucks and comes with all dlcs.

Finished Chapter 1 Danganronpa AE

Wtf, did that character @ the bridge seriously get introduced just to 

Spoiler

die 2 seconds later? LOL, jeez, RIP Aoi's bro ._.

wonder if we'll get to see any other original cast siblings, but I doubt it.

The Chapter boss was aight, I'm an idiot so I wasted like 20 bullets shooting everything but its obvious weakpoint then was like OHHH HERPA DERPA DERP. Btw did I mention that I love using Genocide Jack? She's the only reason I didn't get a gameover (was sitting at like one heart left the whole battle) once I realized you can use her to tank the bosses' attacks.

Also, it's like the most satisfying thing ever to walk unsuspectingly into a small hoard of Monokumas, scream "OH SHIT" and then just make the swap and obliterate them all.

Spoiler

ilC7krK.jpg (960×544)
OHHHH SHI-

1UGpQJy.jpg (960×544)
OHHH YESSS

*Monokuma slaughter censored due to being too graphic*

~~
Other tidbits:

Junk Monokumas....Disgusting, creepy, agile & crawls on all fours The-Grudge style, AND they take like 50 shots to kill, seriously, FK THEM.

Spoiler

edS6o65.jpg (960×544)

fyHqhNz.jpg (960×544)
EWWEWWWWWEWWWWWEWWWWWWWWWEWWEWEWEWEWEWEWEWWWWWWWW

Eyy Mikan cameo!

Spoiler

8tcsRWk.jpg (960×544)
I mean easter egg ._.

@Eclipsedthat easter egg had eluded me lol

And actually the environments are designed with a somehow successful 3D conversion of DR1-2's art style. It becomes evident in the next chapter. Try to look at pipes etc., the similarity will be obvious. 

Personally, not playing anything for a week (no time and I'm abroad). Added Sound Shapes to my backlog though, I think it is worth the 2 bucks. 

Chapter 2 Danganronpa AE complete

It was much more fun than Chapter 1, so things are lookin' good. The subway escape sequence as Genocide Jack was thrilling, Toko & Komaru had some decent banter (and a nice bed CG together :Kappa:), and I liked the revelation as to who exactly the Captives are despite their frightenly short screentime. Damn, if only the mastermind enacted that particular motive in the first game for the first trial, everyone would've gotten rekt so hard :makina:

Also felt very nice for the siblings to finally interact with each other.

Boss was a pushover thankfully, and fk the three-life-preserver-see-through-key-escape room.

Finished Atelier Escha & Logy Plus! It was nice 30 hour experience to play over weekend.

I feel like I'm liking every new Atelier game little more than the previous one. Ayesha was my previous favorite, but Escha & Logy surpassed that. It's just more fun to play all around. Especially the setting was used better this time around. There was more focus on why the world ended up like that and what really happened to the previous civilization. 

The improved combat system proved to be really entertaining, especially towards the end game encounters. There were some pretty epic boss battles, improved further by amazing Gust vocal tracks for BGM and my buffed Linca who did 4-8x more damage than most of my other characters, excluding attack items and special attacks of course.

I'll have to play it again some time with Logy and get the endings I missed. But for the moment Linca's, Lucielle's and Threia's endings are plenty enough. Oh, and the Girls's Tea Party ending which is definitely the best.

Put a significant amount of time into Halo 5, hording all these req points for new update. Almost at 100k lol.

Also waiting for The Division beta on PC this week which I've been meaning to tryout. I get some Destiny vibes from it so I hope it is good. Will get at launch if it grabs me. 

I'm looking forward to February so much that I'm trying to get a month's worth of lesson planning done before the 5th. February I have XCOM 2, Fire Emblem Fates, and Pillars of Eternity (+ DLC) to look forward to. Anyone who has read any pieces of my "Good Day to Die" thread on xcom knows that I'm hype for this game. 

Other than those that I'm looking forward to I'm also playing Witcher 3, Divinity Original Sin, Legend of Heroes Trails in the Sky, and Fallout 4 although it's every so often rather than continuous. I'm furthest in Witcher 3 but I likely won't manage to find time to get back to the game til I get hyped up over the new expansion or summer hits when I no longer have to teach for two months. Same thing will probably happen with Fallout 4 in which I'll get back to as DLC is announced for it. 

I will outside of those be playing Legend of Heroes Trails in the Sky and Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition until February 5th. 

Finished Chapter 3 DR AE

Pleasing. We got some slight drama b/w Komaru & Toko for the hurr-durr character relationship developments, more Genocide Jack awesomeness, and best villain kiddy Kotoko finally got some spotlight, with an unexpected but favorable outcome to boot ^_^ (again, Geno Jacky is too fking OP for this game)

Btw, did they really have to put this segment in the Chapter LOL
XZ5M6dd.jpg (960×544)
You don't know how hard it was to resist just letting Komaru get pleasured to death :makina: