What Video Games Are You Playing Right Now?

solidbatman

11 minutes ago, Jade said:

Yeah....i think that since I actually know English hearing them talk just sound so Cringe Worthy.

Just listen at Compa's dub voice, shit is horrible. 

Fun fact: my sister was complaining one time about how everyone sounded during battle with their natural JP voices, so I changed the audio to English.

She prompty told me to change it back

~~
Oh yeah, what's Stella Glow all about anyway? The game looks cute

4 hours ago, Fred the Barber said:

I'm playing Stella Glow off and on, on the bus, but I've only put in maybe 2 or 3 hours so far. It's ok, but I'm not nearly as into it as you are, it seems. Do you have bad taste, or am I just not to the good part yet (these are actually the only two possibilities)?

I'm pretty sure you aren't into the meat of it yet, the real fun starts at chapter 2 and 3. That's where things pick up. I believe you're in chapter 1 correct?

3 hours ago, Eclipsed said:

Oh yeah, what's Stella Glow all about anyway? The game looks cute

It's a Strategy RPG where a boy named Alto's village is turned to crystal by a witch and he sets off to change the village back, meeting many people on the way. Oh, and you can romance the main heroines. It has a lot of cool mechanics and features. Deff would recommend if you have a 3DS lying around.

13 minutes ago, Shikomizue said:

I'm pretty sure you aren't into the meat of it yet, the real fun starts at chapter 2 and 3. That's where things pick up. I believe you're in chapter 1 correct?

It's a Strategy RPG where a boy named Alto's village is turned to crystal by a witch and he sets off to change the village back, meeting many people on the way. Oh, and you can romance the main heroines. It has a lot of cool mechanics and features. Deff would recommend if you have a 3DS lying around.

Sold, will be sure to pick it up some day ^_^

1 hour ago, Deep Blue said:

playing dragon age inquisition, i don't understand anything...it seems that it is a must to play da2 before...i only played origins :/ 2 was really bad and couldnt bring myself to play it

Yeahh.....plenty of DAI conflict stem from DA2.

26 minutes ago, Jade said:

Yeahh.....plenty of DAI conflict stem from DA2.

meh i sure wont play da2...it took 4 hours to install damn game and the loading the times are really bad also i cannot get used to the controls seems like joystick is the way to go...

im sure there is a good game behind all those problems im facing but i dont know if i have the will to endure all that to play it :/

3 hours ago, Deep Blue said:

meh i sure wont play da2...it took 4 hours to install damn game and the loading the times are really bad also i cannot get used to the controls seems like joystick is the way to go...

im sure there is a good game behind all those problems im facing but i dont know if i have the will to endure all that to play it :/

Well there's always the option of reading a summary of what happem in DA2 :sachi: 

8 minutes ago, Jade said:

Well there's always the option of reading a summary of what happem in DA2 :sachi:

I know but it's not the same :vinty: how can I care about a character that I don't know nothing of but the game assumes that I do, like the dwarf guy, man I wish morrigan and alistar were in my party and not those bland characters :( (yes i'm probably being a bit unfair here :wafuu:

8 hours ago, Shikomizue said:

Yeah, still chapter 1, thanks!

11 hours ago, Eclipsed said:

definitely wouldn't have enjoyed the likes of Hyperdimension, Atelier, ArNoSurge, etc. if I played them with their EN dubs.

On the one hand, I totally get that complaint for HDN; I really couldn't deal with that dub. Compa's voice, especially, made me run for the hills. But when playing the Atelier games, I've been using the English dub, and they've been totally fine. It certainly helps that I've watched a lot of dubbed anime and gotten used to (and even rather like) a number of the voice actors. Seems like most low-profile JRPGs that get dubs end up sourcing from the same talent pool that Aniplex anime dubs and a few others always use, so listenable people like Christina Vee and Wendee Lee pop up all the time in both.

7 hours ago, Deep Blue said:

Dude, you missed out on the dragon age games,DA:O, the first dragon age is my all time favorite game, nothing has come close to replacing it, the combat, the companions, and the classic rpg feel is just wonderful, so much delight and joy.....but then dragon age 2 came...and let me tell you, it was not as good as the first...of course games tend to be worse than their predecessors, but I still got the game because DA:O was so much fun, and after playing it, DA2 is a good game, but its just not that good of a dragon age game in terms of lore and impressiveness, if you didn't play 2, don't worry about it, you did not miss out at all, I'd even say you saved yourself some time by skipping that game. Now let's come to DA:I, the newest and latest dragon age game, I was so excited for this game because of what DA:2, and I was just praying and hoping it would be a good game like DA:O.....let me tell you, its a great game, absolutely gorgeous graphics wise, open world with a lot of items, its just a really great game, but....Its a piece of shit dragon age game....by far the worse in the series, I was playing the game for a good 10 hours before I realized, wait...I'm playing dragon age... its just awful..if they renamed the game into something like bob's new adventure, it would be a really fantastic game, since it had nothing to do with dragon age, but they had to add DA into it, kind of like how Battlefield hardline had to have battlefield or its just copying from the "battlefield" series, even though hardline is nothing like the battlefield series, they could have just named it robbers vs cops or something. Maybe I ranted a bit too long, but when your favorite game has such awful sequels...it just pisses you off, but I would highly, HIGHLY recommend you to play the original DA:O, it is just wonderful , its the jewel of the DA series, like how ME2 was the jewel of the ME series, there is an ultimate edition that comes bundled with all dlcs, since the original game came out 2009.DA:I is a great game, I would recommend you playing it, but just know that it is kiss ass from the companies to please the younger games and it will never match its predecessor.

7 hours ago, sub-zer0 said:

Dude, you missed out on the dragon age games,DA:O, the first dragon age is my all time favorite game, nothing has come close to replacing it, the combat, the companions, and the classic rpg feel is just wonderful, so much delight and joy.....but then dragon age 2 came...and let me tell you, it was not as good as the first...of course games tend to be worse than their predecessors, but I still got the game because DA:O was so much fun, and after playing it, DA2 is a good game, but its just not that good of a dragon age game in terms of lore and impressiveness, if you didn't play 2, don't worry about it, you did not miss out at all, I'd even say you saved yourself some time by skipping that game. Now let's come to DA:I, the newest and latest dragon age game, I was so excited for this game because of what DA:2, and I was just praying and hoping it would be a good game like DA:O.....let me tell you, its a great game, absolutely gorgeous graphics wise, open world with a lot of items, its just a really great game, but....Its a piece of shit dragon age game....by far the worse in the series, I was playing the game for a good 10 hours before I realized, wait...I'm playing dragon age... its just awful..if they renamed the game into something like bob's new adventure, it would be a really fantastic game, since it had nothing to do with dragon age, but they had to add DA into it, kind of like how Battlefield hardline had to have battlefield or its just copying from the "battlefield" series, even though hardline is nothing like the battlefield series, they could have just named it robbers vs cops or something. Maybe I ranted a bit too long, but when your favorite game has such awful sequels...it just pisses you off, but I would highly, HIGHLY recommend you to play the original DA:O, it is just wonderful , its the jewel of the DA series, like how ME2 was the jewel of the ME series, there is an ultimate edition that comes bundled with all dlcs, since the original game came out 2009.DA:I is a great game, I would recommend you playing it, but just know that it is kiss ass from the companies to please the younger games and it will never match its predecessor.

but i did play dragon age origins and it is one of my fav games of all times(I played it twice xD),  I loved every single companion, to this day morrigan is still one of my fav characters, sadly inquisition is nothing like it and dragon age 2 was so bad that I could not put myself to play it more than 2 hours I didn't like any of the companions specially the dwarf but now im stuck with all those shitty characters again... so meh i don't think i will continue playing it and the controls are not helping much, knowing that they suck because the game is designed to be played with a joystick puts me off badly.

9 hours ago, Jun Inoue said:

Inb4 the save file has disappeared forever and the PS4 no longer recognizes the Disgaea 5 disc.

Nah, I'm not that dumb - I backed all the data up to the cloud, and I got the disc out before mailing the console. That meant I had to actually pay for a 3-month Playstation Plus subscription (since the free trial only lasted long enough for me to upload), but whatever. I already pulled down the save data and started playing, no problems (and it seems they actually did fix the hardware problem, since the game no longer crashes after 5 minutes of playing). Losing 70 hours of gameplay would have resulted in some rage...

Most surprising part of the PS4 return experience: the instructions for sending back the console had three groups of items to make sure you didn't mail back:

- No cables or controllers

- No disc inside the console

- No insect-infested consoles

Each came with a helpful picture, including a "no cockroaches" sign for the last one. I just wonder how bad and how many were the horrifying experiences that resulted in that last line item being added to the instructions...

Only like 10 minutes, I'm still unlocking shat for the first game

But based on that 10 minutes I can say that this cast definitely looks more, uh, out there, compared to the first, I mean like WTF happened to "Byakuya". Also it seems the protag isn't the Ultimate Lucky this time, wonder how Nagito will compare to his predecessor.

Usami......................... heh

Still playing Dark Souls 2. I posted some thoughts on it in today's VNTS for no good reason, I'll just crosspost them here:

Meanwhile, in Dark Souls 2, I started that game off thinking that it’s more of the same Dark Souls I loved. Then I started liking it a lot more. And now suddenly I’m liking it a lot less, thanks to The Iron Keep’s obnoxious enemy placement and The Shaded Woods’ generally easy but annoying bullshit. Really, “annoying” is the word that would most accurately describe DS2: Scholars of the First Sin’s mid-game. I’ve also come to the realization that the game is basically structured more like Demon’s Souls than Dark Souls, which I feel is a downgrade. I hope it gets better, I’ve heard some real good things about the DLC content. I’ll soldier on in lieu of actually reading VNs like I should be doing.

I guess it shows that it's not a Miyazaki game, The gameplay is still good, there's some core improvements over DS1's gameplay so I can't complain about that. I never played Bloodborne (no PS4) so I can't feel spoiled by that, either. But the structure is something that has kind of bummed me out. The progression of areas sometimes feels totally nonsensical. That's something I felt Dark Souls 1 did very well. Like how you would continually descend through a sewer system and end up in a swampy hell, and then descend further to end up in an actual fiery hell. Or how you could see that area from the tomb of the giants, Or how every area was connected to every other area in cool ways. Meanwhile, in Dark Souls 2, there are like four or five linear paths to traverse with some smaller branches along the way and sometimes the areas feel like total non-sequiturs. Like how you reach the top of a building and magically there's a massive elevator chamber that leads further up (despite there being no such thing visible from the outside), which takes you to a lava-filled area sunken into the ground?? What? 

It seems like a minor thing, but the linear-branching style of level design somehow makes the design feel less focused. You aren't supposed to do things in any particular order and perhaps one of the best strategies is to go a little bit into each area until things get a little tough and move on to the next one. And instead of exploring and traversing some huge area, it feels like you're just selecting levels to play from a menu. Like Demon's Souls. I get the feeling that whoever designed this game was a bigger fan of Demon's Souls than Dark Souls. Thankfully Miyazaki is back on the case for Dark Souls 3, and it sounds like its design will be more along the lines of DS1.

22 minutes ago, Decay said:

Still playing Dark Souls 2. I posted some thoughts on it in today's VNTS for no good reason, I'll just crosspost them here:

I guess it shows that it's not a Miyazaki game, The gameplay is still good, there's some core improvements over DS1's gameplay so I can't complain about that. I never played Bloodborne (no PS4) so I can't feel spoiled by that, either. But the structure is something that has kind of bummed me out. The progression of areas sometimes feels totally nonsensical. That's something I felt Dark Souls 1 did very well. Like how you would continually descend through a sewer system and end up in a swampy hell, and then descend further to end up in an actual fiery hell. Or how you could see that area from the tomb of the giants, Or how every area was connected to every other area in cool ways. Meanwhile, in Dark Souls 2, there are like four or five linear paths to traverse with some smaller branches along the way and sometimes the areas feel like total non-sequiturs. Like how you reach the top of a building and magically there's a massive elevator chamber that leads further up (despite there being no such thing visible from the outside), which takes you to a lava-filled area sunken into the ground?? What? 

It seems like a minor thing, but the linear-branching style of level design somehow makes the design feel less focused. You aren't supposed to do things in any particular order and perhaps one of the best strategies is to go a little bit into each area until things get a little tough and move on to the next one. And instead of exploring and traversing some huge area, it feels like you're just selecting levels to play from a menu. Like Demon's Souls. I get the feeling that whoever designed this game was a bigger fan of Demon's Souls than Dark Souls. Thankfully Miyazaki is back on the case for Dark Souls 3, and it sounds like its design will be more along the lines of DS1.

Well, a big part of DS was that feeling of adventure and "exploring the unknown". All the places and areas interconnected in such interesting ways, the bosses were generally memorable and challenging, and so on. DS 2 does upgrade on many things, but it's very clear that it's lacking the Miyazaki touch. It's missing that feeling of awe.

HaloMCC - I still have not finished the anniversary campaign of 2 after stated it when this came out. Made some progress. It is Halo. Also Halo5 - [complaints here]

Also watched someone play Dragon's Dogma PC for a while. Man, that is a game that I would probably not like actually playing. Maybe I will try on steam? It looks does look like a interesting game. (There is always refund option.) 

5 minutes ago, HotTrax said:

HaloMCC - I still have not finished the anniversary campaign of 2 after stated it when this came out. Made some progress. It is Halo. Also Halo5 - [complaints here]

Also watched someone play Dragon's Dogma PC for a while. Man, that is a game that I would probably not like actually playing. Maybe I will try on steam? It looks does look like a interesting game. (There is always refund option.) 

Abusing the refund system likw that can get you banned from using the refund syatem again. 

Trying a game, deciding you don't like it, and asking for a refund isn't abusing the refund system at all and won't get you banned. They specifically say that it's intended for customers to refund games they don't like.

Anyways, I played some Dragon's Dogma today. It was pretty fun! I think I was expecting the combat to be slower paced for some reason. But it's actually really fast and snappy and I liked what I played, as a dagger character.  It seems like some more nuance to the combat opens up once you unlock some core skills. I got as far as going down that huge pit in the Pawn's Guild. That sequence was a little frustrating, there are some things the pawn AI doesn't seem very adept at but it doesn't come into play very often, thankfully.

I wouldn't have minded a dodge roll button. I don't know how I'm supposed to defend myself as a dagger character. Can't block, can't evade. Only thing I can think of is to keep them stunlocked by comboing them. Basically kill them before they can kill you, lol. Also I'm not sure it was a smart decision to branch into Magick Archer if I'm going to be mainly using daggers but thankfully it wasn't a costly mistake, I'll try out Assassin tomorrow.

If i'm not wrong that class(dagger) can unlock a move after a certain level to dodge or avoid attacks. 
The refund system is for that, if you don't like a game you can ask for a refund 

"You can request a refund for nearly any purchase on Steam—for any reason. Maybe your PC doesn't meet the hardware requirements; maybe you bought a game by mistake; maybe you played the title for an hour and just didn't like it."

http://store.steampowered.com/steam_refunds/?l=english