What Video Games Are You Playing Right Now?

solidbatman

Currently finishing up Fairy Fencer , Tomb Raider and Shadow Warrior...Gonna buy the RWBY early acess game soon ...so that's something i look forward to.

All in all this one has been a great year for gaming and gamers in general though we have gotten some shit games too but mostly great ones :mare:

Currently finishing up Fairy Fencer , Tomb Raider and Shadow Warrior...Gonna buy the RWBY early access game soon ...so that's something i look forward to.

All in all this one has been a great year for gaming and gamers in general though we have gotten some shit games too but mostly great ones :mare:

"Finished" Ciel Nosurge, so now I'll start over in Ar Nosurge (I left off where Earthes was first introduced. Jeebuz, now that I know his backstory, definitely looking forward to how his relationship w/ Ion will progress continue). It's a real damn shame Ciel Nosurge didn't and won't get a localization, would've been fun to check out some of the life-sim aspects with Ion :P

Would totally recommend people who pick up Ar Nosurge to read/watch the summaries of Ciel Nosurge, the two are literally direct sequel/prequels to each other w/ the same cast & plot, screw the "Delta forgot everything as well, so the player won't feel bad about not understanding shat" gimmick!

"Finished" Ciel Nosurge, so now I'll start over in Ar Nosurge (I left off where Earthes was first introduced. Jeebuz, now that I know his backstory, definitely looking forward to how his relationship w/ Ion will progress continue). It's a real damn shame Ciel Nosurge didn't and won't get a localization, would've been fun to check out some of the life-sim aspects with Ion :P

Would totally recommend people who pick up Ar Nosurge to read/watch the summaries of Ciel Nosurge, the two are literally direct sequel/prequels to each other w/ the same cast & plot, screw the "Delta forgot everything as well, so the player won't feel bad about not understanding shat" gimmick!

At least we got a youtube LP translation ? :sachi: 

Anyway, was planning to play Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel  but since it's only got an English dub and I can't tolerate shit will put that on hold for now :rimu: 

@Decay In the end I had to return the 500w after all, just didn't feel comfortable with it. 

Will this do? http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-BRONZE-Continuous-Warranty-100-B1-0600-KR/dp/B00EON40CS/ref=sr_1_4?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1451626195&sr=1-4&keywords=power+supply. It's 600w and the same price point. If you have something better around 40 - 50 link it away! 

Quick reflection on my Q4 2015 (mostlyVita) gaming experience:

• Nabbed Vita in late September
  • Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;birth 1
  • Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;birth 2
  • Corpse Party: Blood Drive
  • Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart
  • Hyperdimension Neptunia U: Action Unleashed
  • Atelier Ayesha Plus
  • Fairy Fencer F
  • Ciel Nosurge (watched)
  • Ar Nosurge Plus

Best girl: Ionasal.kkll.Preciel
Waifu(s): Ar Nosurge's Casty, Hyperdimension Neptunia's Uni, Fairy Fencer F's Tiara, Atelier Ayesha's Wilbell (image chosen from Atelier Shallie, where Wilbell is 24)

You'd think I would have more subjective-objective stuff like best story, most enjoyable or GOTY, but eh :P

UkrpSOb.png (600×400)
One of the waifu's below was mentioned by 'him' recently, in excitement for the game that came out on Jan. 19th-ish it was Wilbell...

W0ai3ED.png  p08A9sD.png  ruNEMYF.png  4LrZMiw.png

~~
In other related news, it's time for me to start playing some real JRPGs; I picked up Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky & SC for my Vita.

I have heard nothing but praise for this series, and those of you who've played it typically commented that you were left with an 'empty feeling' afterwards so I'm expecting great things.

3 hours ago, Eclipsed said:

In other related news, it's time for me to start playing some real JRPGs; I picked up Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky & SC for my Vita.

I have heard nothing but praise for this series, and those of you who've played it typically commented that you were left with an 'empty feeling' afterwards so I'm expecting great things.

Go, Go! Play all the amazing games!

Trails in the Sky FC is somewhat of a slow burner, whether that bothers you or not is a very personal thing. But they payoff is so amazing. And it's not like FC is a bad game, far from it. It has great characters and character development, especially with the main pair; Estelle and Joshua. The world they've created is very cohesive and the way NPC react to current events and passing of time makes it feel very real. It's advisable to talk to random townspeople after main quests and bigger events, as they usually have something new and interesting to say. And their own little stories keep progressing through the game if you keep talking to them. Go and find your own favorite random NPC. 

And once your done with FC the real treat, Second Chapter awaits. It's better in every possible way and an truly amazing experience. SC was the other contender for my GotY 2015.  

TitS FC and SC are truly great. Together they tell a story so engaging with such human characters that I'm not surprised at all when many people and sites claim it to be the best JRPG of the decade.

Btw, I recommend the PC version. While the game is clearly made for the PSP/PSVita, the PC version got bug and translarion fixes. And yoi can just connect a controller and use it, if anything!

I'll add to this by saying that Trails of Cold Steel got released this past December. It's a different kind of beast, not as epic or lovely, but I'm enjoying it immensely. I'm 2/3 or so in the game and have thrown over 70h on it, mostly cuz I love speaking to and getting to know every single character in the Trails games.

Finished Ori and The Blind Forest. Shot up to one of my favorite game of 2015 and of all-time. (Not that high but I did love it). What a game. Also more Halo5, Warzone sucks but have sunk like 40 hours into it and like 4 into Arena. Warden Eternal being the main decider in matches is kinda lame.  

(Also been thinking of getting Vita TV for some reason.)

I'm playing the original witcher, haven't played it before and I'm trying it out, and I like it alot, the graphics are amazing for a 2008 game, I also like how the people duck for cover when it rains, adds realism to the game,the combat is kind of strange since I played witcher 2 before this, and it feels alot easier since you don't have to dodge, or rather its very hard to dodge in mid combat when they surround you and you have to move at a slow pace to click on an enemy, but they make it up with this automatic evasion and parry rate, so combat is easier in general. I'm gonna beat this, the 2nd one, and move on to the third. 

I picked up Farcry 4 during the Steam Christmas Sales and started playing it last week. I'm really enjoying it so far, I'm really looking forward to Farcry Primal and seeing the improvements from the third game to the fourth has my hopes up high.

I'm even tempted to buy the game full price as long as it isn't £49.99 on Steam if my budget allows it. ^_^

1 hour ago, Shikomizue said:

Picked up Stella Glow on 3DS for my Bday and let me tell you, I haven't been so hype for a game in ages. It's so fun, I've been playing it almost non-stop for the past 30-something hours.

Happy (belated?) birthday!

Not really enjoying Planescape Torment anymore since practically every enemy out there kills me 10 times before I kill it once. How do I revert to a Fighter? Stellar dialogue as always.

Samurai Warriors 4 is still great. I don't know when I'll stop playing it, but I will complete all storylines. It depends on how addicted I am to the game at that point, might end up playing all campaigns as all possible characters and/or also go through the Create a Warrior mode once.

After I'm done with these two, I'll move on to Soul Sacrifice. 

7 hours ago, Shikomizue said:

Picked up Stella Glow on 3DS for my Bday and let me tell you, I haven't been so hype for a game in ages. It's so fun, I've been playing it almost non-stop for the past 30-something hours.

I'm playing Stella Glow off and on, on the bus, but I've only put in maybe 2 or 3 hours so far. It's ok, but I'm not nearly as into it as you are, it seems. Do you have bad taste, or am I just not to the good part yet (these are actually the only two possibilities)?

On 1/1/2016 at 9:34 PM, Jade said:

Anyway, was planning to play Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel  but since it's only got an English dub and I can't tolerate shit will put that on hold for now :rimu: 

Sorry for quoting an old post, but yeah I share this sentiment, as much as it shames me to be a part of the "Hurr-durr missing out on great JRPGs just cuz of EN dubs? Whatta l0ser!!!" I value my JP audio highly and definitely wouldn't have enjoyed the likes of Hyperdimension, Atelier, ArNoSurge, etc. if I played them with their EN dubs.

I've been trying to figure out how to get JP voices into my Vita's Trails in the Sky even though there's only battle voices, but it's not really possible so I'll just have to go with mute ._. I heard you can do it for the Steam version though, gg me for choosing to go portable.

On the other hand, the 3DS hacking scene has been extremely successful with undubs, Rune Factory 4, Etrian Odyssey, Shinmegami Tensei and whatnot, so once my sister's done hogging my 3DS for Pokemon and Luigi's Mansion I'll definitely be looking forward to undubbing all of the crap I bought over the past couple months.

1 minute ago, Eclipsed said:

Sorry for quoting an old post, but yeah I share this sentiment, as much as it shames me to be a part of the "Hurr-durr missing out on great JRPGs just cuz of EN dubs? Whatta l0ser!!!" I value my JP audio highly and definitely wouldn't have enjoyed the likes of Hyperdimension, Atelier, ArNoSurge, etc. if I played them with their EN dubs.

I've been trying to figure out how to get JP voices into my Vita's Trails in the Sky even though there's only battle voices, but it's not really possible so I'll just have to go with mute ._. I heard you can do it for the Steam version though, gg me for choosing to go portable.

On the other hand, the 3DS hacking scene has been extremely successful with undubs, Rune Factory 4, Etrian Odyssey, Shinmegami Tensei and whatnot so once my sister's done hogging my 3DS for Pokemon and Luigi's Mansion I'll definitely be looking forward to undubbing all of the crap I bought over the past couple months.

Yeah....i think that since I actually know English hearing them talk just sound so Cringe Worthy.

Just listen at Compa's dub voice, shit is horrible.