What Video Games Are You Playing Right Now?

solidbatman

Going to finish up Wolfenstein tonight/tomorrow then move onto something else. I was thinking of finishing my P4G play through (beat it on my old acc got a new PSN when I got my PS4) but I'm only 30 hours in and with Christmas coming I am going to have a lot of new games to play through. 

I wish that there was a mygamelist like MAL or VNDB, except for games. I really like having lists of things I have beaten/done and that kind of thing. I have a hard time really enjoying most single players games just because I don't feel like there is any meaningful progression, no one to share it with, no one to fight against, that kind of thing. In multiplayer games I always feel like I am working towards something, a new piece of gear to shrek someone/boss, leader board prestige, server rankings, best as Z class, etc etc, and I get to do that with other people. With a list I guess I would just feel a sense of competition (lol), "oh you beat X game? oh you finished Y amount of games?", but I suppose that is against the point of single player games.

It also helps me in the membrane, cuz I like sorting all my stuff out. Might just make a spread sheet :vinty:

Going to finish up Wolfenstein tonight/tomorrow then move onto something else. I was thinking of finishing my P4G play through (beat it on my old acc got a new PSN when I got my PS4) but I'm only 30 hours in and with Christmas coming I am going to have a lot of new games to play through. 

I wish that there was a mygamelist like MAL or VNDB, except for games. I really like having lists of things I have beaten/done and that kind of thing. I have a hard time really enjoying most single players games just because I don't feel like there is any meaningful progression, no one to share it with, no one to fight against, that kind of thing. In multiplayer games I always feel like I am working towards something, a new piece of gear to shrek someone/boss, leader board prestige, server rankings, best as Z class, etc etc, and I get to do that with other people. With a list I guess I would just feel a sense of competition (lol), "oh you beat X game? oh you finished Y amount of games?", but I suppose that is against the point of single player games.

It also helps me in the membrane, cuz I like sorting all my stuff out. Might just make a spread sheet :vinty:

Backloggery? 

Fairy Fencer F got a bit more interesting, I'm at the part where after beating Marianna

Tiara actually fking dies for realz and so Fang unconsciously wishes for her to live and so he and Eryn are sent back to the past where they first met Tiara. I'm a sucker for Time Travel, so already Fairy Fencer > Neptunia in terms of story :P

Looking forward to how things will play out this time, though I would like to avoid any needless Tiara deaths in the future ;-;

Finished Fairy Fencer F; contrary to my post above, the story actually got worse from that point on. There was a lot of potential here and there but everytime it just fell flat

The ending(s) though were one of the better bittersweet endings I've had in a while, so in the end worth. Bittersweet as in I spent this entire game becoming attached to these two main heroines and by the end I get slapped with a "choose one or the other" and its like ggez

I chose Tiara cuz I like Fang x Tiara more than Fang x Eryn in terms of romance, but goddamn, Eryn's ending is technically the better one since in her ending she still exists whereas in Tiara's she doesn't.

Why can't I just have my Fang x Tiara and Eryn still exists ending ;-;.

Misc comment,

I'm still a bit traumatized-even-though-it-was-retconned-5-seconds-later by

Tiara dying

sLNE553.png (960×530)

ir0NMqK.png (960×532)

Seriously!!  I'm going into these games expecting lighthearted funzies, and I'm horrifically bad with death, so don't go killing characters that I love!@#$^%&%$^#

Got a bit further into Pillars of Eternity, I'm enjoying it, more or less, but I'll be damned if I'm not going to whine:

How in the world did they manage to make an Infinity engine game so visually uninformative? The combat is a huge pain in the ass, unless you spend ages pausing every two seconds and peering into the combat log. The animations tell fuck all, which is really baffling cause in BG I'd been able to tell what my party and the enemies were doing at a glance. And don't get me started on the floating damage numbers... whose bright idea was it to display them only when you hit an enemy or you get healed? HOW ABOUT SHOWING THEM WHEN YOUR PARTY MEMBERS GET HIT? There's not even an option to tweak this shit, so all you have left is the aforementioned combat log and character portraits. Obsidian made a ton of monies on this game, it's time to let Infinity die and make a new engine.

Also, I like the dialogues and all that, and the option to turn on dialogue choices you can't make because you don't meet the prerequisites (and list those prerequisites) gives me a boner. Loving the unique responses and/or NPC reactions you get based on your backstory, but sometimes it gets weird. Like, the character I eventually ended up using as a main is from Old Vailia, but I get absolutely zero unique dialogue options with characters from the Vailian Republics, into which Vailia crumbled before the game starts. Um, why? If anything, it gives me more to talk about with them, but nope. Okay, okay, I admit I just wanted to bond a bit more with Pallegina the bird waifu.

EDIT: Lore check fail, Old Vailia is in fact quite a ways away from the Republics.

Edited by Ariurotl

I finished the Hanzo storyline of Senran Kagura Burst, and after fussing around doing completionist things for a while (at some point I will complete all the stages in Frantic mode... but not right now), I started the Hebijo storyline. After playing one Senran Kagura game all the way through, I have a lot more respect for this series than I used to, for two reasons: 1) the gameplay is far more fun than I expected, and 2) the approach to the ecchi content is so ludicrously thorough and unapologetic. To put it another way, the game is completely uncompromising. It's not just a fun game with a smattering of fanservice. No, that wouldn't be enough. It's crucial to this one crazy person's ecchi artistic vision that there also be frequent yuri, destructible clothes, short skirts and high winds, beach episodes, changing rooms, only massive knockers (except on poor self-conscious Mirai...), a hyperactive physics engine where the aforementioned knockers are concerned, frequent open discussion of said knockers, and on and on. It's a good game, and it's a freaking festival of ecchi. Japan, you're weird, but I love you for it.

Also, I need to trademark "Short Skirts and High Winds" for... something. Maybe a band name.

Got a bit further into Pillars of Eternity, I'm enjoying it, more or less, but I'll be damned if I'm not going to whine:

How in the world did they manage to make an Infinity engine game so visually uninformative? The combat is a huge pain in the ass, unless you spend ages pausing every two seconds and peering into the combat log. The animations tell fuck all, which is really baffling cause in BG I'd been able to tell what my party and the enemies were doing at a glance. And don't get me started on the floating damage numbers... whose bright idea was it to display them only when you hit an enemy or you get healed? HOW ABOUT SHOWING THEM WHEN YOUR PARTY MEMBERS GET HIT? There's not even an option to tweak this shit, so all you have left is the aforementioned combat log and character portraits. Obsidian made a ton of monies on this game, it's time to let Infinity die and make a new engine.

Also, I like the dialogues and all that, and the option to turn on dialogue choices you can't make because you don't meet the prerequisites (and list those prerequisites) gives me a boner. Loving the unique responses and/or NPC reactions you get based on your backstory, but sometimes it gets weird. Like, the character I eventually ended up using as a main is from Old Vailia, but I get absolutely zero unique dialogue options with characters from the Vailian Republics, into which Vailia crumbled before the game starts. Um, why? If anything, it gives me more to talk about with them, but nope. Okay, okay, I admit I just wanted to bond a bit more with Pallegina the bird waifu.

Pillars of Eternity isn't on the infinity engine but a whole new one coded from scratch for their project.

Incidentally, Torment will use that same engine.

Also, I like the dialogues and all that, and the option to turn on dialogue choices you can't make because you don't meet the prerequisites (and list those prerequisites) gives me a boner. Loving the unique responses and/or NPC reactions you get based on your backstory, but sometimes it gets weird. Like, the character I eventually ended up using as a main is from Old Vailia, but I get absolutely zero unique dialogue options with characters from the Vailian Republics, into which Vailia crumbled before the game starts. Um, why? If anything, it gives me more to talk about with them, but nope. Okay, okay, I admit I just wanted to bond a bit more with Pallegina the bird waifu.

Pillars of Eternity isn't on the infinity engine but a whole new one coded from scratch for their project.

Incidentally, Torment will use that same engine.

So it is, thanks for the correction. That... makes it even worse.

Stuck on a P4G boss >_>

Impossiblu! What happened to your determination! O:

Just gonna grind a few levels 

Do you use Persona fusion? Cuz if you are still going with the basic ones... could be one explanation O:

Shadow Mitsuo is too tough at level 39

And no the Personas I was using were all around level 35 if memory serves 

Will grind for Black Frost today 

^ I know I've said this before, but I'll say it again because I had a similar problem when I started playing: Fusion>>>>>>Levelling
Grinding for levels is not how you win a Persona game.

Still on Dragon's Dogma Online. What? N-no, I'm not playing it way too long! :pyaa:  The newly added warrior class is the shit. Build up the revenge meter and hit the damage cap from level ~17 already, this truly is the Guts class we all wanted. :illya: Capcom really fixed the class from the original game - you now have a default skill, which (with good timing) can decrease the received damage to negligible minimum, while also building your revenge gauge with each such successful 'block'. When built halfway (or completely for more effect) the revenge gauge greatly increases the damage of your default heavy attack, and it can also boost your defences and the like depending on your passive skills. That, and you can now use four custom skills of your choosing, like with every other class in the game. I'm only at level 25 now so it's hard to say how the warrior will fare at end-game stuff, but so far I think it's safe to say that Capcom did it and made the warrior class into what it should've been in the original Dragon's Dogma as well.

Now we just need to make them remove the damage cap to bring the real pain. :pyaa: 

Edited by Vokoca
Adding replies (´/ω\`; )

Now playing as the Manliest of all Man, Kazuma Kiryuu in Yakuza 5.

Still in prologue so far but man even the first ten minute or so which is practically filled with nothing but Info Dump for the upcoming trouble is enough to get me hyped 

@Fred Interesting, may look into that series one day then :sachi:

Seems Burst is on the 3DS and the sequel Shinovi Versus is on the Vita? Good thing I have both!@#

Correct. Burst is the starting point, and is on 3DS, only downloadable. From what I've read, the director thinks the 3DS games are the "main series" games, so maybe you don't need to do Shinovi Versus next and could theoretically skip on to the next 3DS game if you really wanted to... but I just bought Shinovi Vs. and will play that next, because, why not.