What Video Games Are You Playing Right Now?

solidbatman

Replaying Tales of the Abyss on my old fatty PS2 for the nth time. ^^

Luke, my boy, I will never get tired of your ceaseless whining. <3 

Edit: I would also like to mention that I would literally pay infinite money to play a version of the game where every character is genderbent. Just sayin'.

Edited by LinovaA

Edit: I would also like to mention that I would literally pay infinite money to play a version of the game where every character is genderbent. Just sayin'.

Tales of the Abyss never grabbed me, so I only played it for a few hours, but from what I've seen of the cast, I can totally see where you're coming from.

Still enjoying Disgaea 5. Given Jun's comments, I feel like I need to go back and give Disgaea 4 another chance - I never got more than a couple chapters into it, so I really didn't give the characters a fair shot. I do remember some of the mechanics in that one making it hard for me to stick with it, but I shall persevere. As far as Disgaea 5 being cliché... it's undeniable that the game is filled with clichés (all Disgaea games are), but at least for me the overall experience was still a good one. I didn't really internalize it until this iteration in the series, but I feel like the goal of most aspects of any given Disgaea game is to take something that's been done before, and then push it to a logical extreme, until it breaks in a funny and interesting way. The gameplay, with its ridiculous leveling, best exemplifies this, but it's also true of the stories and characters. Characters always start as larger-than-life caricatures, and the plot usually starts off as a hackneyed cliché (though in a bizarre setting). Then they look for ways to stand these things on their head, or to push them over the edge, thereby turning the caricatures into relatable people, or changing the clichéd story into a completely different (but probably still cliché) story, where usually everybody learns a valuable lesson about life, love, and the magic of friendship. Maybe it was a little more obvious this time than usual, but the formula worked ok for me this time too, and I grew quite attached to more of the cast than I usually do.

All that said, apparently I've been playing too much Disgaea 5 and I fried my PS4 - it won't run for more than about a minute now. Tomorrow I need to try to upload my saved game to the cloud, get the game out of the console, and call Sony support... ugh. I just hope I don't lose my ~70 hours of progress on this game.

Tales of the Abyss never grabbed me, so I only played it for a few hours, but from what I've seen of the cast, I can totally see where you're coming from.

I can totally understand why it wouldn't grab you. Honestly, the first ten hours are kind of a drag. The real meat of the game comes around the ten hour mark, I would say. Also, the first few hours of the game are especially arduous to get through.

Funny enough, the anime does a better job at presenting the first few hours of the story than the game does. In my opinion, of course, as I know there are people who would very quickly disagree with me. ^^''

Feeling pretty damn good about Atelier Ayesha right now, managed to save

Nio, with 0 days to spare, seriously idk how the stars lined up that I managed to be at the final boss area in time, but I'm glad fate was on my side because if I had to do another playthrough I would've probably raged and broken my Vita ._.

MHx7fO1.jpg (960×544)
I actually lost to Yggdrasil on my first try, so the date moved to 4/1, aka the deadline in which you get the "Failure to save Nio" ending so I was like oh hell naw!@#

qpXa4f2.jpg (960×544)
ggez

~~

Btw, huge props to Wilbell's broken Elemental Call, it's the only reason I managed to win
EPVhd4B.jpg (960×544)

Rise swiftly climbing up the best girl ranks in Persona 4 Golden

Man I love her dungeon so much. Music is kinky as fuck. I like female characters that enjoy sexual acts, so the whole premise of the dungeon and Shadow Rise is pretty great. Rise's voice and sprite is 10/10 too.

I haven't played P4G the last few days since I was more focused on finishing Euphoria, but I think I played for around 3 hours yesterday. The camping stuff was hilarious and there were a few amazing moments. I haven't had that much fun with my IRL friends in what might be weeks.

P4G is an amazing Fulfilling Life Simulator.

Feeling pretty damn good about Atelier Ayesha right now, managed to save

Hidden Content

Good Job!
Stories like this is why I love video games; on top of the written story of the game, everyone has their own cool little stories that are formed through game mechanics.

If you really liked Ayesha, try doing new game+ at some point. Now that you know what to do, you'll have plenty of surplus time for optional bonding with other characters and trying to get the character specific extra endings.

I'm actually replaying Ayesha right now, trying to refresh my memory before Atelier Escha & Logy releases. Mainly my purpose is the finish the story lines for some characters I neglected the first time through and just enjoy more of the cutesy character interactions.

Go go Eclipse-chan! Agreed with Turnip, the Ayesha main story ending is pretty great, and I like the way they present side character stories naturally as you spend time travelling with each character. I also need to go back and do an Ayesha New Game+ to pick up more endings, but I'm torn between that and trying to pick up Rorona instead.

So, I decided to do neither of those, and it looks like I'm going to try out Stella Glow today, which I picked up on a lark a week back when Amazon told me that I should buy it. I'll report back here on actual enjoyability.

Teddie stop cuckolding all the best girls

Hidden Content

That's not enough. Change that to 6h a day and we'll see.

I think I did achieve that today 

Weaklings. :P First time I played Persona 4 Golden my play times were closer to 10 hours per day. I went through the game in a week and did literally nothing else other than playing P4G and going to school.
I had also cleared Persona 3 Portable earlier that month, in one week as well. Good times.  

Picked up Wolfenstein last night, pretty cool game, going to beat it then return it. Got $40 in PSN as well, looking at Nuclear Throne and Resident Evil Remake.

----------------------------

My friend and I just marathoned Gauntlet Slayer Edition, it was loads of fun. However not worth paying for (was free with PS+). The biggest disappointment for me was lack of trophies after beating it :( Only 4% of the trophies after 7 hours of playing. Afterwards I looked through the trophy list and they were all grinding related :/ Probs going to delete it now and never touch it again, worth a play through (with a friend) if you have it.

Edited by LiquidShu

Figured out the joys of PC gaming using a game controller, using my Dual Shock 4 (which I got for exclusive use with my PS TV- I don't have a PS4, lel ikr, ggez) I am able to enjoy Fairy Fencer F much more; keyboard + mouse was just so uncomfortable and unintuitive for this type of game (or maybe I'm just too used to playing Nep-Nep on my Vita, I'm sure the Steam Neppers will disagree and be like "nawww dude, keyboard + mouse is life" :makina: )

maIGBnu.png (960×540)
Triangle Ex Square Circle ftw, better than F E Space X or w.e keyboard keys I was using previously.

Not even that, just being able to use an analog stick for the camera instead of I J K L or that clunky mouse click + drag is a godsend.

I started up my DS with the intention of playing Stella Glow, and when it hit the DS home screen I remembered, "Oh yeah, I never actually tried Senran Kagura". So that happened instead. After losing a couple hours in Senran Kagura Burst, I totally get the appeal of the Senran Kagura series, now - they're actually fun games, which just also happen to have a lot of lewd content in them. I was thinking of it as the other way around, which was much less interesting.