What Video Games Are You Playing Right Now?

solidbatman

Kind of a tie between my familiar and Frayne for me :makina:

Also finally finished reading the summary of Ciel nosurge... and considering how exhausting it was just to read about it I'm kind of glad I didn't have to play it. Will begin Ar nosurge tomorrow or the next day, still debating whether to play it dubbed or not since I recognize and really like most of the dub cast, but on the other hand the JP option has more voiced lines, decisions decisions...

Alien Isolation, god damn 

I'm lovin' it. I'm currently at the Gemini Exoplanets mission, best level design so far (by far) and it is great fun though maddening at times (like the end of Mission 6 (find trauma kit) and the place I am stuck in RN. The downside of the flamethrower is that the creature grows accustomed to it so fucking quickly.

Played some more Ar nosurge...and it seems to have something in common with Elder Scrolls in that I admit I'm more interested in the crafting dialogue than I am with the main story (though it is interesting that I can apparently enter the minds of the bad guys too). Now that Sharly's shop is unlocked that means even more crafting, which I hope is at least as delightfully crazy as Nay's.

I've never played it, but I used to hear several people talking enthusiastically about it, always positively. However, it's been months since that chatter died down, so I can't say if maybe those people got tired of it (or if maybe they just gave up talking about it, since there weren't many of them in that forum to begin with). Not exactly the most helpful feedback, I know, but hopefully better than none...

You probably want P3P, not P3 FES. From what I've heard, the combat will be annoying in anything except P3P, because you can't control your teammates, and the AI sucks. I played P4G first, and then played P3P afterwards, and I really enjoyed it. I actually like the P3 story more than P4, and I think some of the character in P3 are better than any you'll see in P4... but P4 is probably better overall. Anyway, if you liked P4G, go for P3P and you won't be disappointed.

I recommend against Persona Q. I played quite a bit of it, but got horribly bored of the grindfest when I was maybe halfway through the game and just dropped it. At first things were novel and interesting, probably because I'd never played an Etrian Odyssey game, but after a while it feels like you're constantly in boring random encounters doing the same predictable actions. The plot and the new characters are really weak.The constant fanservice side stories are nice, but they just aren't deep enough to really sink your teeth into.

Have you played P4A and P4AU before? If not, I'd honestly recommend against those, too, but I'm more on the fence about them vs PQ. They weren't a slow grindfest to tell you their story, unlike PQ, but it was still not great stuff. P3P and P4G are both amazing, and all those other releases are really just fanservice and fluff... I play them because I loved the main series games so much, but I'm still pretty regretful every time I play one.

Played some more Ar nosurge...and it seems to have something in common with Elder Scrolls in that I admit I'm more interested in the crafting dialogue than I am with the main story (though it is interesting that I can apparently enter the minds of the bad guys too). Now that Sharly's shop is unlocked that means even more crafting, which I hope is at least as delightfully crazy as Nay's.

I am currently playing this series of games and am currently on game 2 of 3.

5k4Ru0al.jpg

I am so far loving this series. The first game while it has flaws is an absolute classic and a tale of epic proportions whereas Witcher 2 is definitely heading on its way to greatness as well. The much more realistic and mature fantasy worlds are an absolute delight to frequent and decisions actually seem like they matter much more than other games released of a similar matter (at least for the games in which they are played). Honestly love the games so far and can't wait to play the supposedly even more magnificent Witcher 3.

I have played the arena games already, I enjoy fighting games quite a bit. Even if the story turns out to be sub-par I will still play them for the fighting and persona love. 

Guess I'm not getting PQ. Doesn't seem like it has had the best reception on fuwa. Will be getting Dancing All Night no matter what, since it combines one of my favorites and my favorite genre. Plus Persona has my favorite music ever hands down.

Ahh, if you like fighting games, then that's a different story. I'm not a fighting game person at all (except Smash Brothers, which everybody knows is very different from... well, everything else).

I'm definitely getting Dancing All Night as well. Time will tell if I regret it, but I expect I'll like it - I love Persona music, and I really enjoy rhythm games, so it'd be hard for them to lose me on this one.

Finished Ar Tonelico. It was a really enchanting experience.

Ar Tonelico fulfilled all my expectations, much like in Ar nosurge, the story and setting are really interesting and the excellent characters make it even better.

Now I'll just wait for the Ar Tonelico 2 retranslation project to finish before continuing with the series.

I felt like playing some other older gems I've missed, so I started Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne. I don't have much experience with other SMT titles than Persona, but the Press Turn battle system is still really satisfying and the story seems interesting as well. 

Wrapping up the last bits I have left to do in Portrait of Ruin, aside from the Hard Mode stuff.  I'll get to that later.  Also started playing some Animal Crossing: New Leaf, since I got that in the mail today.  That stuff is like crack.

Also, apparently KotOR II just got updated on Steam today, and now runs on Mac and Linux.

Aspyr in partnership with Disney Interactive and LucasArts is proud to announce STAR WARSâ„¢ Knights of the Old Republicâ„¢ II - The Sith Lordsâ„¢ is now available on Mac and LInux, along with a massive update to all 3 platforms.

New features include:

• 37 achievements to be earned through gameplay

• Steam Cloud saves

• Native widescreen resolution support

• Resolution support up to 4K and 5K

• Support for controllers, including Xbox 360, Xbox One, Playstation

3, and Playstation 4, along with several others (check the system requirements for details)

• Steam Workshop support! We proudly worked with the Restored Content Mod Team to have their famous TSLRCM up on launch day

Oh...and we added a "Force Speed Effects" option in the menu ;)

Finished up Castlevania: Circle of the Moon and Aria of Sorrow again. Tried to get through Harmony of Dissonance again, but it's still a steaming pile of shit.

Currently playing Dawn of Sorrow and Xenogears. Now I can grind for 9 souls instead of only 1... yay.

Finally booted up the copy of Xenosaga Ep. 1 that my friend bought for me... and I must say I'm really liking it thus far. The really long cutscenes are great, and in fact they were one of the reasons why I wanted to play it so bad. Also, as a huge fan of Xenogears, I felt that I was obliged to play Xenosaga.

I hear the later games are kinda censored though, so I'm probably going to play those ones in Japanese or something. Idk, I'll think about it when I get there.

After doing the following:

Playing Skyrim for two weeks to get most achievements and all skills to 100

Replaying Witcher 2 for Witcher 3 

Playing Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs

Playing Deus Ex: Human Revolution on max difficulty with no kills nor alarms triggered

Wasting 15 hours of my life slamming my head into the wall with Gothic 1, to then lose my saves due to a bug

Playing the original Deus Ex on Realistic with Biomod

I am now playing Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and I feel this one is going to take a while, so I'll just buckle up and enjoy the ride :)

I've been playing Suikoden 2 on the bus. I like both the core gameplay (recruit ALL the Stars of Destiny!) and the story quite a bit, but the mini-games can be kind of weird. I was just wandering around my castle, as Suikoden heroes are wont to do, when I was suddenly challenged to a cooking battle. I had no idea that was even a thing until it happened to me! I lost, but the animations for it were hilarious, so I didn't mind.