solidbatman

What Video Games Are You Playing Right Now?

Definitely not a game for the faint of heart, though.  I've played a decent amount of CoD, and Spec Ops made me feel physically sick at times.  They did what they were aiming for perfectly, though.  I haven't looked at a military shooter the same way since I played it.

Well, yeah.  It's not supposed to be thought provoking or even interesting, plot-wise, in the least.  It's popular because of the multiplayer.

I compared Spec Ops to CoD because while you basically do the same thing in both games (kill a shit ton of people), one doesn't make you feel anything at all, and the other makes you feel like a terrible person over and over and over again.

Well, yeah.  It's not supposed to be thought provoking or even interesting, plot-wise, in the least.  It's popular because of the multiplayer.

I compared Spec Ops to CoD because while you basically do the same thing in both games (kill a shit ton of people), one doesn't make you feel anything at all, and the other makes you feel like a terrible person over and over and over again.

Even after all you did, you can still go home, how lucky of you!

Do you feel like a hero yet?

The best thing about the game is that

it doesn't let you know when you can make a choice. You don't just click, you have to find a way to do what you want to do, by your own skills. An example is during the torture scene: You have to clear out the whole area near the agent you are looking for without being seen if you want to keep the agent alive for a bit long. You can just walk away from Riggs when he gets pinned under a water tank.

That sort of thing is fucking amazing.

Finished Far Cry 4. A fun game overall, with rather... interesting way of treating the story. :D The early hidden ending is still the best ending, Pagan Min is clearly way cooler than all of the flimsy Golden Path combined.

Just bought the other two DS Castlevania games besides Dawn of Sorrow, which are Portrait of Ruin and Order of Ecclesia.  Currently playing through PoR.  The character switching mechanic is pretty cool, I have to say.  I'm probably gonna return OoE, though, because it didn't come with a case and I like my games to have cases so I won't lose them, especially when they're as small as DS games.

Just bought the other two DS Castlevania games besides Dawn of Sorrow, which are Portrait of Ruin and Order of Ecclesia.  Currently playing through PoR.  The character switching mechanic is pretty cool, I have to say.  I'm probably gonna return OoE, though, because it didn't come with a case and I like my games to have cases so I won't lose them, especially when they're as small as DS games.

I'm gonna hack my DS one day so I can play fan translated Japanese DS games. I wish someone would finish the port of xenosaga 1 & 2 that looks awesome.

I'm playing Resident Evil: HD Remake and Resident Evil 4  HD.

Awesome games.

Soul Sacrifice, Rainbow Moon, and also this 1994 FPS called Marathon because it is apparently the inspiration for Halo (and it's free) and it takes place in a space station which in itself is insta buy for me (but it's free, so no buy :P Would def. buy if it was on GOG though)

Soul Sacrifice, Rainbow Moon, and also this 1994 FPS called Marathon because it is apparently the inspiration for Halo (and it's free) and it takes place in a space station which in itself is insta buy for me (but it's free, so no buy :P Would def. buy if it was on GOG though)

It's not only an inspiration, it was made by Bungie themselves. 

Anyone gonna pick up Persona 4 Dancing All Night.

I would if it wasn't $50. Knowing Atlus it'll never go on a proper sale though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1F1FEqcQDj8

I would love to but again $50 and I just bought Minecraft, soooo.

Edit: Anyone on fuwa play minecraft? Was thinking of getting a small server going for my skype call, don't know if it's worth it for 15/m though.

Well, currently there are quite a few games I play (too) often. Here's a handy list. :P

- RuneScape 3
- Old School RuneScape
- RuneScape Classic
- (vanilla) Minecraft
- Tribes: Ascend
- Populous: The beginning (Yes, I play a game that's about as old as I am. :P)
- Portal/Portal 2
- Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
- Mario Kart 8
- SSB4 Wii U
- Garry's Mod

Edit: Anyone on fuwa play minecraft? Was thinking of getting a small server going for my skype call, don't know if it's worth it for 15/m though.

I would love to play on a server with you guys! :3

(This is out of context, but I recreated Virtue's Last Reward in Minecraft as a multiplayer minigame.)

Diving into Witcher 3, with a tiny bit of Soul Sacrifice Delta on the side. Starting the Witcher 3 on Blood and Bones was a good idea - it's surprisingly easy. I normally only play games on normal so I was worried about going for hard, but damn, normal must be easy to the point of boredom. :o If I compare this to how relentlessly I was rekt at the beginning of the Witcher 2 back when that came out...