What Video Games Are You Playing Right Now?

solidbatman

mortal kombat X,  hhnnnngggghh this game is so fun.  I really need to get another stick tho.  AND DAT JASON, GOOD LORD.  SO FUN.  Nearly nobody has any idea how to counter a relentless jason since he's so new still, and everyone generally goes slasher because of the high damage output.  Man, i wish i was as good at fighting games as woolie or Maximillian.  Dood4lyfe

I just been purchasing games and not playing them through. I bought Forza Horizon 2 played for 2 weeks and still have not beat campaign. I got Halo MCC day one, still have not beat Halo 2 A, I have been playing MP though. I bought Ori, played for a bit, still unfinished. I bought State of Decay, played for a bit. Also just bought Destiny and I doubt I'll play it. 

I do also have Witcher 3 preloaded too. Also ODST is coming out on xbone this month too. 

I'd play Witcher 3, but I don't want to ruin the experience; my PC is simply way too outdated to play that game in it's full glory and you can't settle for half measures. Heck, I haven't even played the sequel, even though I was always a huge fan of Sapkowski's prose.

Although:

Geralt_huehuehue.jpg

:makina:

Dustforce is an awesome game. You should all give it a try.

Been emulating Super Mario World (GBA port) on my phone. I just want to say that this game is painfully overrated compared to SMB3. Levels are not very creative. Worlds are bland. The only thing I like in it better than SMB3 is the Spin Jump (and maybe Yoshi to a lesser extent).

I've yet to actually finish a Witcher game, even though I have them both on Steam.  Any recommendations about how to get into the right mindset?  I was expecting something like the Elder Scrolls games, so I was a little disappointed when I found out it was linear.

EDIT: Also joined the GOG Galaxy beta and downloaded the free Fallout games that I got from them.

I've yet to actually finish a Witcher game, even though I have them both on Steam.  Any recommendations about how to get into the right mindset?  I was expecting something like the Elder Scrolls games, so I was a little disappointed when I found out it was linear.

EDIT: Also joined the GOG Galaxy beta and downloaded the free Fallout games that I got from them.

Mostly I like the universe and enjoyed the game play in the 2nd one. The third one is going to be a lot more open world this time around.

You need to go in expecting a great story and amazing world. It's pretty unique take on dark fantasy, I think I once described it as a "realistic" medieval fantasy. The world is full of shit and misery as you would expect from medieval times, though everything goes through fantasy filter full of filth. Elves and Dwarves live as secondary citizens and are the target of racism and so on. And the grey morality is done well unlike in many RPGs, nothing is that simple in the world of witcher. 

The gameplay is pretty wonky in the first one to say the least, you need to click your attacks at specific times or it won't do anything. Still, it isn't that bad after you get used to it. You are missing a lot if you give up on the first one and go straight to second.

Witcher is amazing experience, you should definitely play it. The prologue and chapter one might feel little bit too linear, but after that it opens up a lot. It's still not a open world game, but the areas where you can visit are big enough and full of different events. Also the order in which you do the quest is flexible, since most of the quests are linked together in interesting ways.  

You need to go in expecting a great story and amazing world. It's pretty unique take on dark fantasy, I think I once described it as a "realistic" medieval fantasy. The world is full of shit and misery as you would expect from medieval times, though everything goes through fantasy filter full of filth. Elves and Dwarves live as secondary citizens and are the target of racism and so on. And the grey morality is done well unlike in many RPGs, nothing is that simple in the world of witcher. 

The gameplay is pretty wonky in the first one to say the least, you need to click your attacks at specific times or it won't do anything. Still, it isn't that bad after you get used to it. You are missing a lot if you give up on the first one and go straight to second.

Witcher is amazing experience, you should definitely play it. The prologue and chapter one might feel little bit too linear, but after that it opens up a lot. It's still not a open world game, but the areas where you can visit are big enough and full of different events. Also the order in which you do the quest is flexible, since most of the quests are linked together in interesting ways.  

Yeah, the whole attacking system kinda put me off.  I guess I'll switch back to The Witcher when I get bored of Fallout 3.  Thanks for the advice ^_^

Played some Civ 4 at a friend's house.  I played as the Japanese, and decided to conquer everyone.  I ended up nuking Ghandi at least 4 times and wiping out the Indians entirely, completely controlling my continent except for one very small part (damn you, Hammurabi!).  The main competition was gonna come from Hammurabi and the Babylonians, since the others were mostly stuck on an island with a rather strong barbarian town.  I laughed when the barbarians started making pretty good progress against them.

EDITorino: I just spent 20 minutes making some named Outcasts invincible and launching mini nukes at them to see the ridiculous way they ragdolled.  Totally a good use of my time :sachi:

Played some Destiny tonight. The little event they launched this week, as a sort of appetizer for next week's big DLC release, is fairly entertaining. I really don't know what to think about this game. On the one hand, I totally agree with all the people who complain about it being ludicrously repetitive - you do, in fact, do the same things over and over and over again. On the other hand, playing it is genuinely fun, even when you're doing pretty much exactly the same thing you did last time you played the game.

I randomly caught Falcom Fever and grabbed all the PC Ys games. I've played most of them but I never did get around to playing Ark of Napishtim on the PS2 so this is my first time going through that one. I decided to play on Hard right from the start because I'm a huge Ys fan and I figured I could take it.

... que me spending probably 3 hours today on a single boss. I could not for the life of me figure out how to kill him and even when I read a guide I couldn't kill him until I went out and ground up a few levels and upgrades. I guess it's kind of sad that Hard is less about skill and more about being a high enough level to tank hits and do enough damage to finish battles in a sane amount of time.

I think as a continuation of Falcom Fever I'm going to go out and grab the remakes of Legend of Heroes Trails of Zero/Trails of Blue for the Vita. I freaking love the Trails in/of X series and I have no idea why I've waited so long to get caught up in the series. I'm 4 games behind now!

Started ME3, the tone is nice.

I already know the ending though, and is there nothing new for gameplay from ME2 other than fancier crosshairs?

Also, Super Metroid did click with me this time around. I'll be playing that as well.

Super Mario World is so boring on my phone I think I'll just drop it.

Been getting hooked on Path of Exile for the past weeks. Never quite liked ARPGs except Diablo 3 (which everyone thinks to be the worst ever lol), but now PoE feels highly satisfying, Must be due to having played Infinity Engine games for a while.

Oh, and given all the recent Witcher talk, allow me to flaunt myself shamelessly:

You are looking at one of the 0,5% of players who have beaten Witcher 2 on Insane Mode

:)

Started ME3, the tone is nice.

I already know the ending though, and is there nothing new for gameplay from ME2 other than fancier crosshairs?

If you don't play the multiplayer, you might not get the ending you want depending on the choices you made in the other games and what you do in the third, just FYI.  If you do play the multiplayer, understand that it has a really shitty unlock system that tries to force you to spend money to get what you want.

Do you hate Vega?  I know I did.  Freddie Prinz Jr. always seemed a bit too cocky for my tastes, so combining him with a cliche macho military dude just made any possibility of me liking his character nil.  I wish I had played Renegade so I could have smacked him around and insulted him.

If you don't play the multiplayer, you might not get the ending you want depending on the choices you made in the other games and what you do in the third, just FYI.  If you do play the multiplayer, understand that it has a really shitty unlock system that tries to force you to spend money to get what you want.

Do you hate Vega?  I know I did.  Freddie Prinz Jr. always seemed a bit too cocky for my tastes, so combining him with a cliche macho military dude just made any possibility of me liking his character nil.  I wish I had played Renegade so I could have smacked him around and insulted him.

It depends. I completed ME3 with the best possible results in the war and I didn't play online at all. You just have to 100% the game. Boring as hell though, with all the space probing missions.