What Video Games Are You Playing Right Now?

solidbatman

• 3 months later...

Interesting enough, but from visual novel genre none. But i can say that i have bought Va-11 Hall-A and want to try it, as i have heard that it has good creative artstyle and interesting story. I also have some experience with other games, like those which you usually play for money  and you know i also have some fun there. As you may have guessed i like to experiment and try various games. All for fun as i would say, because you know our life is kinda boring and we should make it funnier and different  

• 3 weeks later...

Been playing a few Roblox games lately and my friends keep playing battlebit, but I don't like the current state of the game mechanics.

Noobs in Combat [v5.0] - Roblox Noobs in combat is a turn based game set in old Roblox Guest vs Noobs war, WWII maps, Soviet Afghanistan setting, and some weird isekai where I think it was invading the cat girls (The dev is a weeb btw)

(2) Multicrew Tank Combat 4 - Roblox Somewhat similar to War Thunder for realism, but you are manning a 4 man crew tank as Driver, Loader, Gunner, and Commander. It can get stressful communicating with people unless you have friends. 

(2) [0.21.7] Deadline - Roblox Similar to Escape From Tarkov game where you can customize your gun to the max possible. Milsim game

State of Anarchy 0.17.88 - Roblox Similar to Escape From Tarkov again, but very milsim heavy, loot saving is not in-game yet. Yes you die by getting 1-5 shots depending on torso and rounds of the bullet. 

(2) [ALPHA 1.5] Frontline: Karelia 40 - 44 - Roblox It's a WWII Soviet vs Finland in the continuation war 1940-1944. Been having a lot more fun with this game than battlebit. It is similar to Red Orchestra 2. 

Edited by guzidi

I've taking a break from playing VIsual Novels/Eroges for the time being and trying to go back my gaming roots lol

Pillars of Eternity The White March: If you're a Infinity Engine Veteran and playing Baldur's Gate 3 somehow seems disappointing, this is one of those games to play!

Gordian Quest: is an epic deckbuilding RPG inspired by old-school classics like Ultima and D&D, using modern gaming concepts like roguelite elements and turn-based strategic combat

Stronghold Warlords: I always like RTS and got bored with the European middle aesthetics, time to play a eastern inspired game this time starting from Vietnam, China then to Japan lol! 

Sniper Elite V2 Remastered: I always like the seeing the ballistic X-Ray Kills!

• 2 weeks later...

I did play Chrono Cross around 13 years ago, and now I look at it I can say that the graphic is quite good and so does the music. However, the one that people criticize is definitely the gameplay and the story to a degree.

Story-wise, well if I may say perhaps it would be wise if they didn't try to connect it with Chrono Trigger because it can stand on it's own, although of course with the team already made Radical Dreamer that was advertised as further attempt of milking the sequel of Chrono Trigger, they have no choice but to make it as the sequel.

Gameplay-wise, well I should say that Venus Blood and Eushully VNs are more capable of utilizing 45 characters roster that the artist drew out of control, which to say is really a waste considering that you can only take two out of around 40 characters with the MC basically glued as the main party with the party limit is at three characters. In fact, I would like to say that the staffs probably have a lot of debate when they discuss on how they should go with the gameplay, and they just released it as it is when the deadline is already getting close. It didn't help that basically the characters are very customized with Element system can just make them the clone of each other. That said, at least the battle itself has potential to be interesting, which only to finally find it's form on Shadow Hearts 2 out of all series (I may miss some other JRPG that has the characters assigned to the elements though).

All in all, when it come to Chrono Cross, well at least it's still worth playing to a degree, as long as you didn't mind on how the game fail to utilize all 45 playable characters.

Edited by littleshogun

Howdy folks. Been playing Hearts of Iron IV after a lot of trial and error. Runs like a potato but damn is very fun.

If you love WW2 and starring at maps I'd definitely recommend, just the DLC policy that sucks. Honestly sometimes I feel the PDX is the EA of the grand strategy.

WHITE ALBUM -Tsuzurareru Fuyu no Omoide- somehow fails to hook me, so I put it aside, and yesterday, 8 years late to the party, started playing Life Is Strange. I somehow missed out on this game, thinking that it was console exclusive (perhaps confusing it with Persona series), but I really like it so far.

And it seems to a bit VN-like. How to say it... Visual Novels kind of evolved from text adventure games. And LiS looks like their equivalent/counterpart for action-adventure games :)

Also, funny thing - just like my way to VNs was through some hentai shovelware, the title that turned my attention to Life Is Strange was its unofficial lewd spin-off called "Lust Is Stranger", which BTW looks quite promising, and can turn into nice game, but at version 0.15 it's faaar from completion. So in the meantime I decided to check out the original ;)

Edited by adamstan

Yesterday I finished "Life Is Strange". Overally it was enjoyable and interesting (except for annoying stealth sequences in final chapter), but the endings kind of sucked.

Seriously, we need "ustuge" tag outside VN world. I guess I should expect that with this kind of setting, but still...

The ending where

Spoiler

in order to save the city Max reverts all changes she made to the timeline, so that means Chloe gets killed by Nathan

is very sad, but kind of makes sense, even if it is rather fatalistic. But I'd consider it "true" end.

And the second ending, where

Spoiler

the whole city gets swept away by tornado, everyone dies, and two girls ride away into the sunset in their pickup...

it made me feel like shit, although I can imagine some people could consider it "good end" - but not me 😕

• 2 months later...

Just finished Little Goody Two Shoes.

It was 9\10. The atmosphere is gorgeous, the soundtrack is great, and the 90s anime art was generally very pleasing. The only negative is that 10 different endings have to be opened in almost the same way. In other words, after the first two playthroughs, you only play for the ending.
  The yuri elements are downright light, but the story itself and, I repeat, the atmosphere were very inspiring. Such a... scary fairy tale without plagiarism. It even reminded me of my favorite series of dungeon crawlers Labrinth Reefrain and Gallery. Of course, the gameplay mechanics are different, but the storyline... oh, how sweet and tasty it is. Recomended for some fairy horror fans)

Little-Goody-Two-Shoes-But-Why-Tho-4.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/23/2023 at 12:10 AM, adamstan said:

Yesterday I finished "Life Is Strange". Overally it was enjoyable and interesting (except for annoying stealth sequences in final chapter), but the endings kind of sucked.

Seriously, we need "ustuge" tag outside VN world. I guess I should expect that with this kind of setting, but still...

The ending where

Hide contents

in order to save the city Max reverts all changes she made to the timeline, so that means Chloe gets killed by Nathan

is very sad, but kind of makes sense, even if it is rather fatalistic. But I'd consider it "true" end.

And the second ending, where

Reveal hidden contents

the whole city gets swept away by tornado, everyone dies, and two girls ride away into the sunset in their pickup...

it made me feel like shit, although I can imagine some people could consider it "good end" - but not me 😕

yeaah, i think the first one has a ton of problems and the endings being one of the biggest issue.

try true colors. i was amazed on how much i loved that game.

On 11/27/2023 at 2:44 PM, mitchhamilton said:

try true colors. i was amazed on how much i loved that game.

Thanks - I'll check it out when it goes on some kind of sale (Steam Winter Sale perhaps?) - full price is too much for me 😮 (I guess it's still too "new" game for price drop).

Edited by adamstan

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/13/2023 at 6:21 PM, Mist Ephemeral said:

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

I really wasn't expecting to enjoy it so much~

-YMMV- It Honestly is one of the greatest games ever made... and just about the finest "Metroidvania" at that...

That Said, i'm currently experiencing the last two titles in the "Adventure of Puppet Princess" Trilogy...

after playing the First title, - the only one to have been U.S. Localized up until this year - "Rhapsody; A Musical Adventure"

on the SONY PS1 about twenty years ago...

17048142-rhapsody-a-musical-adventure-co

Rhapsody-Marl-Kingdom-Chronicles_2023_01

PSX-Rhapsody-Retail-Release.jpg?width=19

Rhapsody_III_-_Launch_SS_3.jpg?width=192

Edited by Tasuke

• 2 weeks later...

I am trin to give an Evenicle and Rance another chance. They are to liner for me and Rance is too dirty... like BAD dirty (at least when i tried it a year ago). But that games are popular.... i am very wonder Why?
 Also slay the princess is out. realy glad to try it after 10 endings demo. Nice hollidays are coming!

artworks-000360520302-8t67xp-t500x500.jp