What Video Games Are You Playing Right Now?

solidbatman

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

After some time considering it, I finally managed to play Digimon Cyber Sleuth in which it's RPG that was the part of Story series from DS. I can see that Bandai did combine several elements in regard of raising Digimon from past Digimon World games, although I'm not sure of it yet. Oh the beginning remind me of Devil Survivor, which make sense to a degree seeing that both works shared same artist.

PS - Recently I also play Digimon World Redigitize Decode seeing that it has more content, although in exchange I need to deal with Citra (3DS emulator) can't play the anime cutscene properly (I also want to play Next Order, although unfortunately Bandai didn't release Steam version of it). For the gameplay itself unlike Cyber Sleuth, Decode here is more in line with first Digimon World game in that your Digimon will have lifespan and you must train in order to increase your status (So no level grind here). Speaking of Digimon World, what I remember is that my brother (He's the one who play it the most) have the hard time to get Ultimate, in which turned out that you need a guide to understand on how the training should goes in order to get it.

Edited by littleshogun

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the double post here, and seeing that we got Rune Factory 5 on PC I decided to try it. I did hear that it has some problem on Switch mainly in regard of the slowdown, and after seeing that it manage to run on my laptop smoothly I can say that at least it's good to see that the PC version did fix slowdown issue. Too bad though that the movement button can't be customized here, so I need to get use to the new button here (For the info the movement key was binded to WASD while usually I use directional button for the movement). Another thing to note is that Rune Factory 5 here offer the same sex marriage, so the gender of player character shouldn't matter anymore in regard of choosing your life partner (Naturally it mean that I can chose female character without the need to marry the groom candidates, and of course any BL or GL fans will naturally like that option). Other than the marriage, well the gameplay itself is not much changing actually (Farming and battling the monster) and that I need to get used to the male singing the opening (It's more hot blooded instead of calming like Rune Factory 2 opening).

Other than Rune Factory 5, I also interested with Digimon Survive that will be released on Steam later (And yes I count it as video games even though it has VNDB entry) although I'm kind of wonder if my laptop can handle it well.

Edited by littleshogun

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I am currently playing the following games

Fire Emblem Three Houses - It's great, I love everyone in it, but oh my god there's something immensely boredom inducing about the way the set this game up. Explore in the beginning of the month, 1-2 weeks of studying,  maybe a bit of grinding, then end of the month battle. Repeat.  It's like they formatted it in a way to make me go "UGH, NOT AGAIN" everytime I end up seeing that menu option telling me I can explore, study, or battle. I don't even know why it bugs me so much.

Atelier Sophie - Pretty cute. It's a comfortable game with nice designs and minimal stress. The most exhausting part of it is having to pause your switch, roll out of bed, and drag yourself to the computer to find a guide on how to find a recipe. Love it.

Pokemon Legends: Arceus - Honestly I have no idea what I'm doing. I think they're trying to teach me how to do research tasks and I'm not doing a good job, lol.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Kuro no Kiseki 2 Crimson Sin on PS4, the 12th instalment on the Jrpg Kiseki series. Went out on Japan a couple weeks ago , and i'm playing it with a combination of Capture Card + VN OCR + Yomichan. Not the optimal experience , but still better than waiting years to see it localized. Plus, i'm learning japanese so it helps. 😅

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

What I know about Zelda is that the gameplay is the one that inspire Genshin Impact (So much some people did say that it duplicate Zelda on the initial launch), although Genshin Impact here has easier gameplay from what I'd hear. Anyway I didn't play any Zelda yet (I did come across of it in one of the video game review from a blog back in 2009 or 2010 though), so I'm obviously didn't have favorite Zelda game here. That said, if you talk about emulator I did use ZNES, although the game that I really played and finished is only Chrono Trigger.

As for the topic, well I'm still occasionally playing with Rune Factory 5 here.

Edited by littleshogun

I'm currently playing Super Robot Wars 30. It's a tactical rpg series with everyone's favorite mecha anime shows crossing over in fun adventures based off the series in question. The game isn't actually all that difficult and only requires learning the mechanics to make it pretty easy even on the higher difficulties. Older entries in the series though were not as easy as the more recent games. A lot of people play these games for the fun character interactions of the cast of these games or the mecha from the shows.

To give you an idea the latest entry had Victory Gundam, Majestic Prince, Gaogaigar Final, Magic Knight Rayearth, Code Geass (sequel movie), GunXSword, Char's Counter Attack, Mazinger Z: Infinity, Getter Robo Armageddon, Combattler V, Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam, Heavy Metal L-Gaim, brave police j-decker, Knight's & Magic, SSSS Gridman, & Mobile Suit Gundam Narrative and a few other series like sakura wars available as dlc. This series is great for introducing people to new  mecha shows in addition to being fun.

If you like games like fire emblem but want more control on how you level and which characters you are able to use and less rng overall while also liking mecha anime this might be a game for you to check out.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt -the storyline is interesting, with choices, with different endings. Moreover, you can both run it for 50 hours, and delve into the world and study it, spending 200 hours. Quests are huge. I went through this game 6-7 times in its entirety (and the first two were pirated; yes, I like it so much) and every time I found something new. Completely going through everything at once is unrealistic. 

Edited by Ferene

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt -the storyline is interesting, with choices, with different endings. Moreover, you can both run it for 50 hours, and delve into the world and study it, spending 200 hours. Quests are huge. I went through this game 6-7 times in its entirety (and the first two were pirated; yes, I like it so much) and every time I found something new. Completely going through everything at once is unrealistic. 

Edited by Ferene

• 1 month later...

Playing Digimon World Next Order now that Bandai manage to have it released on Steam, and yes the gameplay is like Digimon World 1 only with two digimon. There are several improvement compared to Digimon World 1 or even ReDigitize, especially in regard of training in which it's easier to get the bonus. Granted that I still need to read the guide to get the Mega level Digimon, but compared to the first game it definitely far more smoother here.

Edited by littleshogun