What Video Games Are You Playing Right Now?

solidbatman

19 hours ago, Dreamysyu said:

I guess, it's finally time to see what Trails series is about.

What game are you starting with? Trails in the Sky, I presume? I'd be very interested in your impressions. The first two games really left an impression on me, and I've replayed them way too many times, considering I never went on to finish anything in the rest of the series :P
Have to admit, it was the fantastic localisation+protagonist that really dragged me into these games.

1 hour ago, Mr Poltroon said:

What game are you starting with? Trails in the Sky, I presume? I'd be very interested in your impressions. The first two games really left an impression on me, and I've replayed them way too many times, considering I never went on to finish anything in the rest of the series :P
Have to admit, it was the fantastic localisation+protagonist that really dragged me into these games.

It's funny, considering FC has the worst localization of the whole series, as the first translator back then did a horrible job. It's full of mistranslations and changes quite a few things. (Like, English Estelle is dumber than Japanese Estelle, making them almost different characters)

Edited by Riku

1 hour ago, Mr Poltroon said:

Trails in the Sky

Yep, this one. I'm not really sure if I'm going to finish the whole series since it seems to be pretty massive, but if I do I'll probably follow the first suggested order in this tweet.

I haven't played it for that much time yet, but I'm really enjoying it so far! Though I'm not really sure how interesting my impressions are going to be, considering that my experience with JRPGs is pretty close to zero, so I don't really have anything to compare it to, lol.

3 hours ago, Riku said:

It's funny, considering FC has the worst localization of the whole series, as the first translator back then did a horrible job. It's full of mistranslations and changes quite a few things. (Like, English Estelle is dumber than Japanese Estelle, making them almost different characters)

I don't know about mistranslations, especially so long as the whole is coherent, but changing things or even characters really does not bother me in the slightest and I suspect may even be the cause for my love of it, in the case of Estelle, for instance.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/21/2021 at 12:47 PM, Riku said:

Are you talking about the Steam version here? I just learned that apparently the translation was heavily revised for it, and I'm a bit curious how accurate the current translation is.

Anyway, I'm still playing Trails in the Sky, and I'm currently at chapter 2 of the first game. Overall, so far it's pretty good. The plot is somewhat cliche so far, but it still has time to change. Gameplay... well, I like it so far. I'm playing in the hard mode, and I'd say it's just hard enough to make the game somewhat challenging without making it tedious. I had some minor problems right at the start before I got used to the gameplay, but right now everything is going fine.

The funny part: I found myself at thought that if the backstories of some minor and background characters were published in a short-story format, I would love to read those. 🙂

It was heavily revised, but not entirely retranslated. It's far better than the PSP version, but it still has problems. Mainly the fact that Estelle is dumber in English.

Anyway, it's only FC that has this problem, and after that the localization is great. Just that Estelle will suddenly become smarter in SC. (which is, actually, what many people like about English Estelle.)

• 2 weeks later...

"EVERYBODY's GOLF" (SONY PS4, 2017)

a solid game of casual Golf, (even for non-sports enthusiasts) as well as a ready haven for covies of surprisingly accurate custom-made Anime characters;

Konomi_Yuzuhara_EVERYBODY's_GOLF_3-1-21_

Konomi_Yuzuhara_EVERYBODY's_GOLF_3-1-21_

Konomi_Yuzuhara_2-7-21.jpg?width=1920&he

Konomi%20Yuzuhara%209-12-20%202%20RESIZE

Edited by Tasuke

• 2 weeks later...

Started the final chapter in Trails in the Sky... First Chapter. This naming sure is weird. :makina:

Anyway, the story started getting pretty interesting. I can't say I were particularly mindblown by it so far, but who knows, there's still time. The gameplay is fun. At this point I can say that I was absolutely right that I chose to play in the hard mode, since the normal mode would get very easy eventually. At the start I had some trouble playing in the hard mode and even had to grind for a bit, then it got to the point where it was still challenging, but not obnoxious, but right now, I feel, the game started to get a bit easy. Maybe I overleveled everyone a bit, lol. But I generally try to explore whole maps when I have a chance and complete as many quests as possible (though I still missed a few). Or maybe right now I have a lot of skills to choose from, so I can deal with the enemies more effectively.

On 3/12/2021 at 11:33 PM, Dreamysyu said:

Started the final chapter in Trails in the Sky... First Chapter. This naming sure is weird. :makina:

Anyway, the story started getting pretty interesting. I can't say I were particularly mindblown by it so far, but who knows, there's still time. The gameplay is fun. At this point I can say that I was absolutely right that I chose to play in the hard mode, since the normal mode would get very easy eventually. At the start I had some trouble playing in the hard mode and even had to grind for a bit, then it got to the point where it was still challenging, but not obnoxious, but right now, I feel, the game started to get a bit easy. Maybe I overleveled everyone a bit, lol. But I generally try to explore whole maps when I have a chance and complete as many quests as possible (though I still missed a few). Or maybe right now I have a lot of skills to choose from, so I can deal with the enemies more effectively.

Story doesnt start to pick up properly until the second game. Its a very procedural affair in FC, maybe so in SC also, but the story gets vastly better

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Recently been playing Omega Quintet, and let's just said that I've been at 40 hours on it. So far it's quite nice dungeon crawler game with the wrapping idol characters, although if I may admit something there's no much variety in attack so I know that some other player may understandably quite bored with it. Lastly with the name Takt as the MC and that the idols color scheme, it remind me of Galaxy Angel although Takt can equipped to one idol in order to do follow up attack or defend her.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Currently I'm replaying classic Valve games such as Half Life since a decade ago. Graphics and frequent few seconds loading time between maps feels strange but it doesn't bother me much. Avoiding enviromental damage such as falling down is more annoying than fighting enemies.

Edited by ztrepzilius