What Video Games Are You Playing Right Now?

solidbatman

5 hours ago, Fred the Barber said:

I'm still trying to gather my motivation and get back to Tales of Zestiria. Yes, I have Berseria, but I've convinced myself I'd rather play through Zestiria first. Unless this is a terrible decision?

I don't know why this should be a terrible decision. Zestriria is meant to be played before Berseria so it's obviously the right thing to do.

6 hours ago, Fred the Barber said:

You realize this makes you a terrible person, right?

Pretty much. xD

I felt I needed a legitimate reason to turn Ross into a hero (a class I can't say I have ever used, with him at least), so I figured his father needed to be a martyr for the greater good(?). :sachi: 

13 hours ago, LinovaA said:

Tfw it is my favorite </3 q-q

Well I guess you just aren't a proper utsuge fan then, you liar. (;´・ω・)

Outside of playing DDON all the time, I've also been going through Nioh when I have the time at home. There isn't anything negative I can say about the game - it even takes my favourite part of Souls, just fucking around in coop, and makes it even better - I've been enjoying it thoroughly so far. I'm taking my time with it, replaying a lot of missions with others instead of rushing through the main story, though I've gotten to the third region already (and damn, that spider waifu.... my fetishes are getting too fucked :pyaa:), so no idea how far I actually am. Just unlocked the whole clan system, which made me feel like I didn't even know what kind of game Nioh is after all this time - a pretty hilarious feeling that I haven't experienced in quite a long time. I'd recommend this game to anyone who likes action RPGs and/or loot, it's incredibly addicting.

On 2/21/2017 at 8:08 AM, Vokoca said:

Well I guess you just aren't a proper utsuge fan then, you liar. (;´・ω・)

Utsuge is my life. Just as my life is an ustuge~ (´QωQ`)

Playing Tales of Bersaria now. Pretty fun. The combat is super fluid and addicting. I find that I actually go out of my way to fight as opposed to my usual 'avoid all enemies cause I can't be bothered' approach that I have adopted for the majority of JRPGs I play. xD

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up the HD remaster of Spooky's Jump Scare Mansion, it's very strange how oddly entrancing it is. If I could compare it to anything it would be a long drive straight down a highway, briefly interrupted by cardboard being thrown at your face or a naked guy suddenly chasing you on a motorcycle every twenty minutes. Anyways I highly recommend anyone interested to try out the original which is completely free on steam and essentially the entire HD version except less polished. 

Edited by Soulless Watcher

Finally got a Vita and just finished Tales of Innocence R. Was my first game in Japanese without any help (Hearts, Destiny PS2, Destiny 2 and Rebirth have a translation script), and while I didn't understand everything, I'm rather glad about how much I understood. (I would say between 50 and 70%, perhaps?)

So yeah, I'm far from playing the Eiyuu Densetsu series... (Zero and Ao in particular, but the three Sora Evolution too)

Edited by Riku

Started replaying Mass Effect 1 in anticipation for Mass Effect Andromeda. It's somehow become my most hyped game until Persona 5 and E3 likely reveals some new ones. 2017 is turning into a great year for games so far.

I am now playing Mass Effect Andromeda and honestly outside of some poor animations and a lacking character creation system I'm enjoying the hell out of it. The Ryder's are a very different character from Shepard and this can be seen easily through the fact that paragon/renegade is essentially gone. Not sure if this was the right move but it definitely feels a bit more rpg with the potential choices you receive. The combat on the other hand flows really well and is great. Some people seem to hate the game and others seem to love it so far. The game feels like Mass Effect 1 in many ways outside of combat. Exploration is big and while sometimes things are told through some pretty cheesy dialog the game is only hurt by it if you went into mass effect expecting anything else. The first three mass effect games while serious also had some cheesy or just plain bad dialog. Overall after the first 10 hours with the game I think it's generally pretty enjoyable to play but not everyone is going to agree. It's a divisive entry into the series for a number of reasons. Also if anyone wishes to find out about the Quarians read the codex immediately after starting the game and you'll find out how they plan to introduce further milky way races into Andromeda in the future. It will be interesting if the game will improve or get worse as I play more of it come the 21st.

6 hours ago, kyrt said:

Some people seem to hate the game and others seem to love it so far. 

I think part of this has to do with how we expect more from RPGs and open world games these days. Horizon zero dawn just released which was fantastic, Zelda blew everyone away ... I'd mention Nier but that's overhyped mediocrity. The Witcher 3 permanently raised the bar (which Fallout 4 spectacularly failed to meet.) Mass Effect has always been an incredibly flawed series of games. ME1 had huge gameplay issues, ME2 had gameplay and story problems, and ME3 had that infamous ending, but that didn't stop me from enjoying the crap out of them :3 I'll be picking up my copy of Andromeda next week and I can't wait to put some time into it, but it seems a little like Bioware's not progressing fast enough and are being left behind.

I'll wait a bit until I get the new Mass Effect since I have yet to complete the old trilogy and play the third part. Though I do have to say that the character faces look pretty lackluster, especially 'Botoxia' the protagonist. Maybe not as horrible bad as some in DA: Inquisition like Sera the kobold or Solas the ghoul, but still quite underwhelming. I guess part of the problem is the Frostbite engine they are using, but I still think that Bioware's character designers could do better, since I've certainly seen better faces with worse 3D engines.

Played some Mass Effect: A. I played up until the trial period ended and so far the characters are really dull and uninteresting. The bad dialogue, robotic animations, and lifelessness in the eyes is not helping. 

The multiplayer is alright though. 

• 2 weeks later...

For whatever reason, maybe just because I have fond memories of Atelier Ayesha and it's been a while since I played it, I've been itching to pick up the latest Gust game, Atelier Firis. Anybody played it and have opinions to share? I should really just be holding out for P5, but something about the screenshots I've seen of Atelier Firis is calling to me.

Idk about Atelier Firis, in fact i completely forgot i was supposed to blitz the Atelier series, fk it's April WTFFFFFFFFFFFF

~~
NieR:Automata's pretty cool. It has some REALLY fluid action rpg hack n' slash gameplay, very satisfying (minus some of the arcade space shooter parts, I suck at those). You play as 2B, a stoic sexy & badass female YoRHa (android) in a post-apocalypticish machines-took-over-the-Earth-and-humanity-was-forced-to-the-moon scenario. 

One of the best things about NieR:Automata is its soundtrack, just yummy phenomenemities everywhere yo. When you get a track like this for a bossfight it's like yeeeeeeee

Play it when you can.

23 minutes ago, Eclipsed said:
Spoiler

Idk about Atelier Firis, in fact i completely forgot i was supposed to blitz the Atelier series, fk it's April WTFFFFFFFFFFFF

~~
NieR:Automata's pretty cool. It has some REALLY fluid action rpg hack n' slash gameplay, very satisfying (minus some of the arcade space shooter parts, I suck at those). You play as 2B, a stoic sexy & badass female YoRHa (android) in a post-apocalypticish machines-took-over-the-Earth-and-humanity-was-forced-to-the-moon scenario. 

One of the best things about NieR:Automata is its soundtrack, just yummy phenomenemities everywhere yo. When you get a track like this for a bossfight it's like yeeeeeeee

Play it when you can.

Hell yes, NieR:Automata is the best game I've played in a while.

Not only is it fun game on it's own to just play, but it's also really deep with it's story themes and actually utilizes the fact that it's a game to it's fullest potential. The amount of topic it touches is unbelievable and it gets better the deeper you dive in to it. At first I thought the writing was bit shallow, not bad but still. But in retrospect everything starts to fit together and you start to appreciate the minimalism, you could say, in context. I should play Automata again from the start and see how much more I can get out of it now, but at the same time I kinda don't, as I feel like I'm betraying myself in some extent towards the game.
Not going to explain more because of spoilers!, but Automata is fantastic at making messages through it's mechanics. And as it touches so many themes (like really, I've heard people saying that NieR:Automata is game about everything in life, and it's not necessarily wrong) there's bound to one that touches you on a personal level, or you find something about yourself. I know I did, and I wish I could talk more about, but... Maybe later. NieR:Automata is the kind of game that, if it really clicks with you it won't leave your mind and you just keep constantly thinking about it.

And yeah, the music is fantastic. I might have been mashing F5 on iTunes impatiently waiting for the release of the Original Soundtrack.
Very heartily recommend!

I've been playing Atelier Firis non-stop for the past week. :sachi:

It's honestly great: basically everything I liked about Sophie, and then some. The best part is how it makes the experience of traveling across the world feel like such an impressive journey. The plot gives you a one-month deadline for the "tutorial" section of the game, which is trivial and whatever, and then a one-year deadline for the first real major goal. I'm probably 20 hours into the game now, I've expended 200 days of my year, and I've basically just been traveling across the world map the whole time (okay, fine, and stopping to do a whole lot of synthesizing along the way, which is actually where a lot of that time went). At any rate, the game world feels absolutely huge, which is a feeling I've been craving from a JRPG for quite a while.

Edit: oops, meant to say "everything I liked about Ayesha", not "Sophie". I never played Sophie. I'm so sorry, Ayesha!

Edited by Fred the Barber

So, I just got the MGS HD Collection for my Vita, which means I now have MGS2 and MGS3. I'm pirating the Graphic Novel for PSP as we speak, in case the original game is as difficult for me as I remember. 

Also got Catherine, but that'll have to wait (in great part because I don't want to let my parents to see that game's cover lmao)

1 hour ago, Funyarinpa said:

So, I just got the MGS HD Collection for my Vita, which means I now have MGS2 and MGS3. I'm pirating the Graphic Novel for PSP as we speak, in case the original game is as difficult for me as I remember. 

Also got Catherine, but that'll have to wait (in great part because I don't want to let my parents to see that game's cover lmao)

Awesome, MGS2 is by far my favourite from the series, though I guess that's a kind of controversial opinion, haha (just my shit taste and boner for meta). I think you mentioned before that you played the first MGS, right? Even if you did, you might want to refresh your memories before going into MGS2. MGS2 is, more than anything, a commentary on sequels and the hype culture surrounding them - as such, being up to date with the previous game will help you a lot. 

1 hour ago, Vokoca said:

Awesome, MGS2 is by far my favourite from the series, though I guess that's a kind of controversial opinion, haha (just my shit taste and boner for meta). I think you mentioned before that you played the first MGS, right? Even if you did, you might want to refresh your memories before going into MGS2. MGS2 is, more than anything, a commentary on sequels and the hype culture surrounding them - as such, being up to date with the previous game will help you a lot. 

I only got up to the (boss name spoiler incoming) Psycho Mantis fight. Tried that a few times, but since Grey Fox had already given me hell, I ended up dropping the game- I am disastrously bad at stealth.

Incidentally, I've been trying and failing to get a PS1 emulator on my Vita to work for the last few hours.

Sorry, did I say Nier Automata is 'pretty good'? 

I meant it's FKING AWESOME

Granted Routes A and B are pretty standard stuff overall

But man do they really hype things up with the beginning of C

That's gotta be one of the most fun 'shit goes from bad, to worse, to FK EVERYTHING' chain of events to get to play through and it ends so beautifully with the last stand segments where you're just like C'MONNNNN but you inevitably have to accept reality and then commence crying buckets

10 minutes ago, Eclipsed said:

Sorry, did I say Nier Automata is 'pretty good'? 

I meant it's FKING AWESOME

Granted Routes A and B are pretty standard stuff overall

But man do they really hype things up with the beginning of C

That's gotta be one of the most fun 'shit goes from bad, to worse, to FK EVERYTHING' chain of events to get to play through and it ends so beautifully with the last stand segments where you're just like C'MONNNNN but you inevitably have to accept reality and then commence crying buckets

playing this right now too...

...at 576p.

...with drops into <20fps.

Yeah.

I need a performance patch. ;_;

3 hours ago, Jun Inoue said:

Why not play P5? :nico:

c6ca0d6b97.jpg

Read through the Metal Gear Solid Digital Graphic Novel, which is pretty much the MGS1 story converted into a really cool looking comic book with sound effects, animations, and music. Decent, but not stuff I'd call a masterpiece.

Started MGS2, currently at the part where 

Spoiler

you have to take photos of the Metal Gear Ray.

No, I don't know if it's normal to have taken two hours of gameplay to get there.

Edited by Funyarinpa

"Do you think games are silly little things?"

YES, I'M DONE, FK YOU ALL

~~
^Guilty of giving up RIGHT before finally getting the option of assist, so I had to waste time to get to that point again, fk me 

But yeah, Nier Automata's done. Really enjoyable and memorable experience. I haven't felt that obsessed playing a game since idk.

Seriously concerned I may fail the one-year goal in Atelier Firis: I only have 90 days left to make it the rest of the way across the map, and I just got a scene where Firis's big sister expresses concern that she needs to hurry. The game is worried about me, too! I keep having to repair bridges and shit, though, and I never seem to have the right materials on hand, leading to me going wandering off to a sidequest that burns dozens of days... At least I got all my letters of recommendation already, and I just fixed a bridge to, I think, either the last area or the second-to-last area before the city I need to get to. But damn, the world just feels huge, given how long it's taking me to synthesize my way across it. Really liking this game.

I'm starting to wonder if maybe there's only a one-year goal, since it seems like it's taken an insanely long time to travel across the world map, but probably not. I'm guessing there's probably a two- or three-year goal as well. Which is good, since that means I still have lots of time to keep gathering and crafting ALL the things!

Sadly, I ran out of container space again recently (despite buying a treasure chest and making a safe for +1250 container space shortly after the last time I ran out), so either I need to get aggressive about dropping stuff that isn't useful again, or more likely I need to make another safe or two :D