What Video Games Are You Playing Right Now?

solidbatman

Tried playing the demo of another Atlus game, Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir, after I heard about its multiple endings. Things didn't turn out the way I expected, as it turns out to be one long and linear hack-and-slash experience. I get that it's a demo, but even after looking up the "first hour" of the the non-demo game on YouTube, it looks like it just has more hack-and-slash in a side-scrolling perspective that I'm not very fond of (the side-scrolling more so than the hack-and-slash).

Boy, I'm running out of Vita games to download already, and it's only been one and a half month since my purchase.

Anyway, I'm also downloading the Tearaway demo and also the Toukiden: The Age of Demons demo. I highly doubt they would surpass my low expectations for them, but who knows.

Think I'll just buy Danganronpa 2 eventually and call it a day for the Vita.

I in a sleep deprived state decided to randomly buy a PS4 and pre-order FF15, Persona 5, Horizon Zero Dawn, and Fate Musou (whatever it's called)...I have also upon receiving it and leading up to delivery have been regretting the decision as none of the games are actually available at this time. Sony has been sickening me as a company recently (no modding, discontinued support for vita/ps3 despite games receiving both versions elsewhere) and if it were not for P5 and wanting to play FF15 before major spoilers ruin it I would have no reason to buy the system. The games catalog of games only available on console relevant to my interests is pretty much non-existent as most of the games also have a PC version or a PC version in the works. I might play uncharted 4 since it came with but really I need some games that have not been butchered via censorship, poor localization, or crappy  gameplay. That said been playing some overwatch occasionally and hyping myself up for multiple games including pokemon sun/moon, ff15, persona 5, and xenoverse 2 (although recently revealed reports on dlc content/roster/and possible DRM on PC version make me immensely sad).  Anyone have suggestions of games on PS4 that are not also on PC?

7 minutes ago, kyrt said:

I in a sleep deprived state decided to randomly buy a PS4 and pre-order FF15, Persona 5, Horizon Zero Dawn, and Fate Musou (whatever it's called)...I have also upon receiving it and leading up to delivery have been regretting the decision as none of the games are actually available at this time. Sony has been sickening me as a company recently (no modding, discontinued support for vita/ps3 despite games receiving both versions elsewhere) and if it were not for P5 and wanting to play FF15 before major spoilers ruin it I would have no reason to buy the system. The games catalog of games only available on console relevant to my interests is pretty much non-existent as most of the games also have a PC version or a PC version in the works. I might play uncharted 4 since it came with but really I need some games that have not been butchered via censorship, poor localization, or crappy  gameplay. That said been playing some overwatch occasionally and hyping myself up for multiple games including pokemon sun/moon, ff15, persona 5, and xenoverse 2 (although recently revealed reports on dlc content/roster/and possible DRM on PC version make me immensely sad).  Anyone have suggestions of games on PS4 that are not also on PC?

How about Bloodborne / Dark Souls 3? You could also play Ratchet & Clank, since they made a remake of one of the first games (or was it the first game?) for the PS4.

1 hour ago, Jun Inoue said:

How about Bloodborne / Dark Souls 3? You could also play Ratchet & Clank, since they made a remake of one of the first games (or was it the first game?) for the PS4.

While I appreciate the suggestion I've never been a huge fan of Ratchet & Clank or Dark Souls (which is why I also likely would not care for bloodborne). 

On ‎29‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 3:42 AM, kyrt said:

While I appreciate the suggestion I've never been a huge fan of Ratchet & Clank or Dark Souls (which is why I also likely would not care for bloodborne). 

Hum. Valkyria Chronicles? Disgaea? Just mentioning random ones, since I don't know what you like :wahaha:

Dragon Quest Builders comes out within 2 weeks, in case you like that sort of thing (I'll give it a chance, myself).

so, new sitrep about my situation.

Carthage was able, with the help of it's numerous slaves allies, to conquer the mediterranean region and now has a stronghold deep in Gallia and Germania...that would've been fun if not for the rebelion and the traitor who subjugated half of my conquests and most of my armies, and decided to go full civil war...but now, that guy is basically feeding my elephants...so, what's the lesson from all this? NEVER BETRAY BAAL-AMMON!

I did it! After almost two weeks, I finished Trails in the Sky SC!!!! So almost three weeks for the two. Damn, those who had to wait five years to play SC must hate me.

In the end, I really liked the game, the characters, the world and all. I regret doing the games now, because I have to wait for the 3rd now... The good news is that it's not a cliffhanger like between FC and SC, and the main story of Estelle and Joshua is over to let place to Kevin as the protagonist of the 3rd. (Key words being 'main story', as Estelle and Joshua still appear in the 3rd. They still have things to do, as mentioned at the end of SC)

Anyway, if Sora no Kiseki (Trails in the Sky) is that good, I really want to play Zero and Ao no Kiseki which are reputed to be the best of the series. (And, no, I won't play Sen no Kiseki (Cold Steel) before Zero and Ao)

2 hours ago, Riku said:

I did it! After almost two weeks, I finished Trails in the Sky SC!!!! So almost three weeks for the two. Damn, those who had to wait five years to play SC must hate me.

In the end, I really liked the game, the characters, the world and all. I regret doing the games now, because I have to wait for the 3rd now... The good news is that it's not a cliffhanger like between FC and SC, and the main story of Estelle and Joshua is over to let place to Kevin as the protagonist of the 3rd. (Key words being 'main story', as Estelle and Joshua still appear in the 3rd. They still have things to do, as mentioned at the end of SC)

Anyway, if Sora no Kiseki (Trails in the Sky) is that good, I really want to play Zero and Ao no Kiseki which are reputed to be the best of the series. (And, no, I won't play Sen no Kiseki (Cold Steel) before Zero and Ao)

Why won't you play Cold Steel before them?

Because even if each arc can arguably be played without playing the others, if story really matter to you, you should play all the game in their release order.

It's not just reference to the previous games for the fans, it's actual story that happened. You may enjoy the game on its own, but it's far more enjoyable if you have everything you need.

Example: Spoiler, but not really, if you look at the character presentation

Spoiler

Olivier, one of the main characters of Trails in the Sky, being an Erebonian Prince, appears in Cold Steel. The character's depth is totally different depending on if you played the Trails in the Sky games.

Because I didn't play Cold Steel, it's one of the only things I know, but that's mainly because Cold Steel is more related to Zero and Ao as they happen at the same time, unlike the Trails in the Sky games which happen before. But what happened in Trails in the Sky affect the things in Zero, Ao and Cold Steel. Everything is related.

I will say it one more time, you can enjoy Cold Steel on its own, but if you played the games before, it must be even better. That's why I don't want to play them in the wrong order.

Because I haven't really experienced the Trails games before, I have no emotional attachment to it to really care about the story. My mind is just rigid like that. i.e.: I wouldn't even consider playing the older SMT/Persona games if I never played Persona 4 before. There's a 'give-and-take' relationship, in which only after I feel like I could enjoy exploring the world this franchise has to give me then I would spare my own precious and limited time to the other installments. And yes, it's very limited, with the amount of unfinished VNs I have in my library. For me, whether if I'm going to enjoy the experience or not > how good the story is going to be. And for those older Trails games, with their dated 8-bit graphics and isometric gameplay, I don't think I'm gonna enjoy it at all, even if the story might be good. And that's a big "might be", because fantasy settings are a big turn-off for me. I prefer urban settings, or at least, sci-fi settings.

If I'm gonna play a game that I might not enjoy for the story, the equivalence of that experience would be watching the entire story on YouTube. There wouldn't be any difference for me, because I wouldn't be enjoying the gameplay either way.

So yes, I would happily, ignorantly play Cold Steel before all the other games. And that's only after I've confirmed that the third Cold Steel isn't a PS4 exclusive, even, so my relationship with the Trails games is pretty much at a large distance.

42 minutes ago, Riku said:

Because even if each arc can arguably be played without playing the others, if story really matter to you, you should play all the game in their release order.

It's not just reference to the previous games for the fans, it's actual story that happened. You may enjoy the game on its own, but it's far more enjoyable if you have everything you need.

Example: Spoiler, but not really, if you look at the character presentation

Reveal hidden contents

Olivier, one of the main characters of Trails in the Sky, being an Erebonian Prince, appears in Cold Steel. The character's depth is totally different depending on if you played the Trails in the Sky games.

Because I didn't play Cold Steel, it's one of the only things I know, but that's mainly because Cold Steel is more related to Zero and Ao as they happen at the same time, unlike the Trails in the Sky games which happen before. But what happened in Trails in the Sky affect the things in Zero, Ao and Cold Steel. Everything is related.

I will say it one more time, you can enjoy Cold Steel on its own, but if you played the games before, it must be even better. That's why I don't want to play them in the wrong order.

Oh no, to anyone wishing to play the games I always recommend going Trails in the Sky, then Cold Steel. Even if it's a few references, the world-building from the Sky games helps make Cold Steel even cooler.

My question was mostly cuz, with that answer, it leads me to ask you this: The Crossbell arc got released about 6 years ago and there are not even rumours about it coming to the West, ever. Will you just drop the whole franchise, then?
I'll also add that the Crossbell arc is even more unrelated to the Sky/Cold Steel. With those 2, you see some connections. Like the character you mentioned, or when in Cold Steel they discuss the new technology for making airships that the queen of Liberl gifted to Erebonia and Calvard. But Crossbell is quite the story apart that we might not even ever get.

This is when total war becomes boring, when you have the best units, and you just play until you can finish the game.

Yeh, sure, annihilating your enemies with tons of war elephants is cool, but meh, not challenging, i'm just pushing until i conquered everything, but other than that... 

@Lucius It's fine if you want to do that. Like I said, Cold Steel is playable on its own. Also, going by your logic, if you really like Cold Steel and decide to play the older games, when you'll be playing Cold Steel again, you'll be able to enjoy every little things you didn't notice the first time playing. The only difference would be that it won't be as 'new' as the first time.

@Jun Inoue Well, the 3rd wasn't even supposed to be translated and look, it's coming in 2017. And even if it won't be translated, my plans from the start were to have a high enough level in japanese to play the Evolution versions on Vita. At worst, I can even play the PSP versions with a text hooker. Where there is a will, there is a way.

Finally, are you serious? Zero/Ao and Cold Steel are literally spoiling each other. One more reason I want to do them in order. Cold Steel was made with the fact that the players already knew certain events. But the reverse isn't as true, because Zero and Ao where already done. I'm sure the writers took it in count, but it's not possible to change what's already done. What's more, I don't want to be spoiled about the Crossbell Arc, consired to be the best of the series.

I'm just staring into a wall now. Waiting for the autumn flood of games. On Thuesday the new DLC expansion for Europa Universalis 4 arrives, Rights of Man. I have been looking forward to this for 2 months now. Gears of War 4 was released today for people who pre orderered it. So I am going to a friend's place tonight to play it. I expect greatness!

In 14 days we got BF1 and Civ6 on the same day. And then later this autumn we got Pokémon Sun/Moon and FF15.

And here I am. Trying to pass my time with some Civ5, Princess Maker 2 and Crusader Kings 2 and cursing al lthese late year releases. Please release games during the whole year. Yes I know Christmas is the biggest cashcow ever but please.

started replaying persona 3, because fucking save that i lost, managed to defeat the first big shadow.

Spoiler

Akihiko is back in business and i managed to land a top 10 at the post-Golden week exams, so Kirijou-senpai will prolly reward me, i'm looking for that.

Ah, and we'll prolly recruit a new persona-user, she looks happy, but Junpei is glad to be surrounded with countless girls...ah Junpei, you'll never cease to disappoint me.