What Video Games Are You Playing Right Now?

solidbatman

24 minutes ago, Kurisu-Chan said:

Currently playing wasteland 2, damn, old-school RPG with that typical Mad Max-kind of wasteland is just perfect for me. 

This is actually on my "need to finish" list. It ended up taking longer to beat than I thought it would and it got pushed back in favor of other games. Hopefully I will get back to it in the future...before bard's tale 4 or Tides of Numera, or Tyranny, or Divinity Original Sin II releases...lots of good old school-ish (often isometric) rpg games been getting released these days (and that's not counting divinity original sin or pillars of eternity I need to get around to.

I was going to start Fate/Stay, actually I already did, but after much consideration and my usual indecisive, spontaneous whims, I have decided to go Trails in the Sky once I finish Trails of Cold Steel.

I'm a portable pleb, so I'll unfortunately have to omit the glorious improvements made upon the PC ver. of Sky in favor of PSP

Handhelds ftwwwwwwww

p3rgEza.jpg (815×300)

9 minutes ago, Kurisu-Chan said:

Clearely, if kickstarter did something good, we have to thank it for the revival of the old-school RPG genre (wasteland 2, Pillars of eternity, Original sin and Tides of Numenara).

Something I do every day. Because of how it's revived the RPG genre is why I ALWAYS defend the idea of kickstarting games.

I finished Hyperdevotion Noire, and let me just say that the final boss in the game is clearly hacked man. I went at DOS Arfoire with a team of Lv62-66 and only did 1 damage to the thing. I had to equip them with DLC weapons and equipment which cost me about 21 bucks to actually put up an offense and defense. The thing I found annoying about the game is it's bosses are way over powered sometimes and the only way you can get better weapons for the generals is to make them yourself. It's not my fav game, but i'd say it's enjoyable enough. Not enough for me to go back and get the True ending though!:rimu: I'm happy with what I accomplished now.

Did find that 10 bucks and bought Final Fantasy VI and Chrono Trigger... For Vita. It's utterly maddening how opening and then closing the fucking menu takes 10 fucking seconds for both games. It hurt immersion from the very beginning in FFVI, especially since battle transitions are very long as well. CT seems better on the battle transition front, but the menu loading time is utter bull shit. I hope I get used to it, especially since Final Fantasy VI has a good story and absolutely wonderful art and music direction so far.

As if SIF wasn't enough, i was reminded at how awful my Hand to Eye ( Eye to Finger?) coordination when playing Project Diva 2nd in Ps 3,

Can't even get a passing grade in this damn game :wafuu:  

Replaying Tales of Graces ƒ en NG+. A LOT more fun than my first run. I can now play on Chaos difficulty, I'm proud of myself. x) (played on Normal then Easy on my first run, shame on me)
I'm trying to be a little more throughout, and in fact, I'm mid-game and I just passed what it took me to finish the game on my first playthrough. (33h for the main part, and 42h with L&L)
Wasn't that hyped when I decided to play again (didn't like the story as much as the other Tales of, and wasn't that good with the gameplay), but now I regret nothing!
Also, perhaps it's because I'm playing it now, but I think Graces ƒ skits are the funniest of the series!

7 hours ago, Riku said:

Replaying Tales of Graces ƒ en NG+. A LOT more fun than my first run. I can now play on Chaos difficulty, I'm proud of myself. x) (played on Normal then Easy on my first run, shame on me)
I'm trying to be a little more throughout, and in fact, I'm mid-game and I just passed what it took me to finish the game on my first playthrough. (33h for the main part, and 42h with L&L)
Wasn't that hyped when I decided to play again (didn't like the story as much as the other Tales of, and wasn't that good with the gameplay), but now I regret nothing!
Also, perhaps it's because I'm playing it now, but I think Graces ƒ skits are the funniest of the series!

We are Pascal! The Graces cast is probably my favorite Tales cast, so of course the skits are the best :D

I'm like, super behind schedule, I was supposed to be done with Cold Steel and be in the middle of Trails in the Sky but nope, lyfe.

Anyways I finally started the Last Chapter. Feels a bit sad that its ending soon *sniff*

Btw, wtf, did C (spoilers)

Spoiler

Really just die? 

"Bwahahah you guys kicked my ass, but now it's time to fly away in mah aircraft, next time we meet Class VII, you'll-" 

KABOOOOOM GET SNIPED AND EXPLODE MUDDA FKA

just like that?!!?

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus yesterday evening. The gameplay is quite a bit different from the only other title I've played in the series, the earlier Senran Kagura Burst. I'm having some difficulty adjusting, especially around fussing with the camera and moving around to find enemies. One dimension is inverted vs. what my brain wants it to be on the camera motion, and I didn't notice a setting for that, though admittedly I didn't go hunting for it, so that isn't helping. In general, it's a bit difficult to know where all your opponents are since there's so much fast moving around the screen, so I spend a lot of time fussing with the camera trying to find them. Lastly, each girl plays pretty differently, so since I'm still in the early game, I'm forced to switch around a lot, and I haven't really gotten good with any of the characters, just getting competent with general skills.

That said, the game is a blast; the 3D-ification of it has done a lot to make the gameplay deeper and more interesting, and they've clearly invested in gameplay improvements in other areas as well, notably to CPU-controlled Senran AI. I felt that the previous game was generally a little too easy - it feels like, in this iteration, you genuinely have to get pretty good and think a little bit, once the difficulty starts to ramp up. I've been playing more of the character arcs than the real school story arc, and the difficulty ramps up pretty high by the end of that - the opponent Senran will really kick your ass, in about the last two levels of the character arc (and there are only like 5 levels for each character arc), if you don't at least get a little bit good.

I'm playing with the new school's characters first; they're distinct, funny, and cute, of course. Typical excellent par for the course work by this game. The overall plot looks kind of thin, also par for the course, but the story is mostly a vehicle for the characters and the beat-em-up gameplay, and it's good enough to manage that at least.

And, of course, there's the fanservice, which is even harder-hitting and bouncier than the last game. What can I say? I don't hate it.

On that note, since it's now something I notice whether I want to or not, I can't help mentioning the translation. It is phenomenal. They did a fantastic job of converting various distinct Japanese speech patterns into various distinct English speech patterns, all of which are natural. The narration isn't quite as good as the dialogue, but I only say that because the dialogue (whether voiced or unvoiced) just blows me away with nearly every line. Anybody with an open mind who thinks they prefer "literal" translations, I'd really encourage you to play this game and see if it doesn't change your mind.

Started playing Riders of Icarus 3 days ago. A great game. Still in open beta but great. Flying on a dragon and killing things is priceless. It's similar to pokemon in a way, you capture animals to use them. The only difference is you mainly ride them instead of telling them to beat each other to death. If anyone plays it at EU give me a PM