What Video Games Are You Playing Right Now?

solidbatman

5 hours ago, Kurisu-Chan said:

still, you point wasn't correct.

Then, you could've pointed one fact : Atlus isn't fond of PC, but Atlus is now sega property, and sega has a well established PC Community.

Nothing is impossible, y know. 

Yes it was. Having games from the SONY platforms on other platforms doesn't prove anything, since each game/franchise has different deals. We also have games from Nintendo on other platforms, but I'm not expecting to see Pokemon Sol/Luna on PC.

4 hours ago, MoeKyun said:

Hmm...

Then what about P4 ps2 to P4G vita?

Something like, P5G, can happen?

That's precisely what they said won't happen. Due to some bs excuse about the characteristics of the game being incompatible, they said they would not bring P5 to the Vita.

Maybe they'll change their mind, but their current stance is "no".

Started Final Fantasy 7 again, it is great. I actually liked the characters and the plot far more than I thought I would (was expecting a 7/10 situation). Part of me still wonders if I should have gone with FFVI for its seemingly better story instead but I did like the first four hours of FF7 I played,though I did have to drop it 4 hours in. 

Will juggle it alongside Soul Sacrifice Delta, which tends to tire me quickly due to its structure (which is very puzzling because it is otherwise a top 5 of all time contender for me, be it story or OST or the art style or the not so fun gameplay). Sigh. Oh and BTW if I don't finish both before the end of the month I'll probably only have a chance in August to continue. RIP

Been on Hyperdevotion Noire, i'm going into the final chapter and at the gates of Arfoire's Castle. Some grips I have is that like all Neptunia games is that getting materials to make equipment and items is a real pain in the as#. I like the new girls though their's eighteen of them so it's hard to pick a favorite.

Wondering what to do after this though, I picked up the Valkyrie Chronicles Reboot for PS4 recently, but I still also have Megadimension Neptunia on the backburner.:sleep: 

Progressing in Soul Sacrifice Delta. Got up to the 

Spoiler

Fading Humanity

chapters of the Mad Chronicle, but since I'm already having trouble with 3* pacts, I'll be doing stuff from the Pacts section before moving on with the story. About done with the 3* set of Pacts, will do  the 4* ones as well befor emoving one.

I have several Debt Pacts and Forgotten Pacts to go as well, and the second Sanctuarium companion unlocked recently. 

There's some sort of community event going around in Dark Souls 1, so I played a couple hours of it today. I need to get used to it again, the entrance to Sen's Fortress is cucking me and so is exploring Darkroot Basin. Very anxious I'll end up missing something critical, and feeling insecure about how I can't understand much about the lore when people understand so much about it. Overwhelmed by hearing people play it for hundreds of hours as well- I'm only in it for the lore and I have many other story based games to play.

Final Fantasy VII is simply fun. I love the battle choreography- it makes every single encounter fun and dramatic in some way. 

Current plan is focusing on SSD- I really want to be done before I leave for camp in two weeks.

I bought homefront and mirrors edge. on game keys since I wasn't paying full price for HF.

I've played like 30 minutes of HF and it sucks balls like everyone says I think I'm already done with it.

haven't been able to play much of ME yet.

On 6/5/2016 at 7:30 AM, Kurisu-Chan said:

still, you point wasn't correct.

Then, you could've pointed one fact : Atlus isn't fond of PC, but Atlus is now sega property, and sega has a well established PC Community.

Nothing is impossible, y know. 

This so much. The Valkyria Chronicles port well surpassed Sega's expectations, and a ton of JRPG devs/ localizers are jumping on the Steam bandwagon. While it won't get a Day 1 PC release, I would not be at all shocked to see it hit PC within a year or so. 

Finished the latest and last Witcher 3 expansion. Yep, this expansion knocks it out of the park in every way. Everything just comes together: amazing world building, great characters, and top-notch story telling. I see myself playing more of this but I’ve done mostly everything I can do besides a few missions I didn’t do in my first playthough. Will put Witcher 3 as one of, or even the best game I’ve ever played.     

Me:*spends 95 hours on GW2* Guild wars 2 is the most awesome fucking game ever 10/10 IGN 

ArenaNet: Ok just buy the HoT expansion to unlock everything in the basic game and even more cool stuff

Me: heck yeah take my money right now, how much?

ArenaNet: Prices range from $50 for the basic package to $100 for........

Me: Wew lad *[Hiding Wallet Intensifies]* i never liked it that much anyway.........

Time to leech off some other F2P MMO i guess. 

Been spreading myself a bit too thin as a result of it being my first week of summer vacation.

Soul Sacrifice Delta- Best game I've played all year so far, though Persona 3 Portable is close. Such a good story, amazing side stories, well-designed (although not very fun for me) gameplay. Absolutely incredible in terms of presentation and atmosphere. Most underrated soundtrack I've ever seen. LEGENDARY GAME. Vita seller, I shit you not.

Final Fantasy VII- Pleasantly simple but engaging story and the fun combat (I love the way the camera changes, also the battle music is great), I'm some five hours in and the game's very enjoyable. Great game! Should keep on hold, though. Surprisingly enjoying the characters.

Alien: Isolation- Tried to finish it last summer, didn't have the chance. I'll try to finish it this time around before I depart for some activity on the 27th, restarted the game and holy fucking shit the alien appeared far earlier than I recall it being, spooked me HARD. It's been two hours and I still feel the need to shitpost my agitation away. What a goddamn amazingly designed wonderful space horror game.

Prey- I thought that I'd finally try out this space station horror game since that's SO my thing, but the game failed in the two places I'd been hoping it would excel: 1) The spaceship is generic as all hell and linear progression gives you no feeling that you're stuck on a spaceship and not a bunch of metal-clad corridors. The second is the complexity of the gameplay: A couple hours in and there isn't much enemy variety though the spirit walk mechanic is very fun although kept way too simplistic. I mean, yeah shooting at humanoid aliens with overpowered guns is FUN, but the ship has no story, no lore, nothing of the sort- Biggest reason why games like System Shock 2 and Alien: Isolation excel in their setting while Prey utterly fails. I mean I pirated it so I do not have much of a right to whine about it, but y'know.

Just finished Halo:Reach, was really late to the party, but hell, better late than never,the message at the end by bungie made me a bit sad,reminds you of the past, I wanted to stop halo at 3 because I thought it would be "finish the fight" and keep it at that, but being a huge halo fan I decided to play halo again after so long,its been like 9 years since halo 3 came out, I decided to play Reach since it was bungie's last halo and I read the book :"The Fall of Reach", IDK if I want to play 4, because when I first saw it released, I instantly disliked it, the story for Halo was fine for me...now they just made it more confusing than it needs to be,another alien race....I just don't like it,but I'll probably play it even if I'm skeptical about it, Like I said, huge Halo fan, probably gonna play it anyways, it just took me a long time to finally convince myself and pick up after Halo 3. Never played ODST either,but I'll probably skip that one, despite being a halo fan, well...in the books, it mainly describes the Spartans, not the ODST, respect for the Hell Divers, but I heard ODST was way too short.

8 hours ago, sub-zer0 said:

Just finished Halo:Reach, was really late to the party, but hell, better late than never,the message at the end by bungie made me a bit sad,reminds you of the past, I wanted to stop halo at 3 because I thought it would be "finish the fight" and keep it at that, but being a huge halo fan I decided to play halo again after so long,its been like 9 years since halo 3 came out, I decided to play Reach since it was bungie's last halo and I read the book :"The Fall of Reach", IDK if I want to play 4, because when I first saw it released, I instantly disliked it, the story for Halo was fine for me...now they just made it more confusing than it needs to be,another alien race....I just don't like it,but I'll probably play it even if I'm skeptical about it, Like I said, huge Halo fan, probably gonna play it anyways, it just took me a long time to finally convince myself and pick up after Halo 3. Never played ODST either,but I'll probably skip that one, despite being a halo fan, well...in the books, it mainly describes the Spartans, not the ODST, respect for the Hell Divers, but I heard ODST was way too short.

Reach was a great game, both in campaign and multiplayer (so many hours logged in multiplayer). 4 was not terribly fun, though, and I didn't bother with 5 as a result; 343 couldn't recapture that same joy I got from the Bungie games. Surprise, surprise, now I play Destiny pretty regularly.

ODST was also a really fun game, though, and a rather unique entry in the series because of how the night-time missions worked - you really should play it. I had a blast with it.

1 hour ago, Fred the Barber said:

Reach was a great game, both in campaign and multiplayer (so many hours logged in multiplayer). 4 was not terribly fun, though, and I didn't bother with 5 as a result; 343 couldn't recapture that same joy I got from the Bungie games. Surprise, surprise, now I play Destiny pretty regularly.

ODST was also a really fun game, though, and a rather unique entry in the series because of how the night-time missions worked - you really should play it. I had a blast with it.

I might give ODST a try then,I'm playing the Halo games for the story mainly, sure as hell would not like 4 or 5, but I would like to know whats going on at least,thats why i'm working through the campaigns to follow up on the story,if ODST adds a little more to the story I don't know about, that will be interesting. 

10 hours ago, sub-zer0 said:

I might give ODST a try then,I'm playing the Halo games for the story mainly, sure as hell would not like 4 or 5, but I would like to know whats going on at least,thats why i'm working through the campaigns to follow up on the story,if ODST adds a little more to the story I don't know about, that will be interesting. 

It's pretty stand-alone, but it's interesting. I hope you watched the animated shorts they made? Those were by and large excellent.

ODST is an excellent take on the Halo formula, changing up the way one feels when playing the game. It still controls like Halo 3 but you are not a walking tank. Playing as a ODST changes up your approach to combat situations as you are more fragile on foot vs. the enemy. The story, while not some epic tale, is a stand-alone experience that is one of the better Halo stories in my opinion; the audio log story was surprisingly very good. Also that smooth ass jazz OST is really fucking something else. I also think Firefight mode is one of the best horde modes created, a very good take on the at-the-time still maturing game type, popularized by Gears of War 2. Very simple but great design. Shame it has no matchmaking but if you can round up some other people it is excellent.

So you should play it for sure.

5 hours ago, HotTrax said:

ODST is a excellent take on the Halo formula, changing up the way one feels when playing the game. It still controls like Halo 3 but you are not a walking tank. Playing as a ODST changes up your approach to combat situations as you are more fragile on foot vs. the enemy. The story, while not some epic tale, is a stand-alone experience that is one of the better Halo tales in my opinion. Also that smooth as jazz ODST is really fucking something else. I also think Firefight mode is one of the best horde modes created, a very early take on the at-the-time still growing game type, popularized by Gears of War 2. Very simple but great design. Shame it has no matchingmaking but if you can round up some other people it is excellent.

So you should play it for sure. 

ODST firefight is still piles of fun, but you definitely need at least one buddy. I played the shit out of it with my roommate back in the day. We weren't good enough at it initially, but once you get over that hump where you can reliably beat a whole Set, it becomes crazy fun, although games do last a long time.

And I forgot the soundtrack, somehow, until you mentioned it. It is sex.

Started playing Grand Kingdom and it's pretty fun. 

The story seems really dumb, but I really like the gameplay which is a mix between strategy and action elements. Think of 2D line-based SRPG, with Valkyria Chronicles movement and Mario RPG action commands and slight combo possibilities. It's sounds little overwhelming, but works really well.

I also really like how the promotional comic that came with the game knows exactly it's audience. Of course I'm going to do quests for the country with prettiest queen, and of course my party is going to consist solely of hotties. 

55 hours into Trails of Cold Steel atm, mid-Chapter 6. Apparently there's like 7 Chapters total, so I'm almost done.

Bah, I should've played this around the time Cold Steel II came out so I wouldn't have to wait :sachi: 

~~

Zero Time Dilemma's coming out in a couple weeks, so I'm thinking of squeezing in Ys: Memories of Celceta after.

I am currently playing Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky (TitS for future reference), Witcher 3, Fallout 4, Grandia II Anniversary Edition, and Overwatch. I am almost done with the base game for Witcher 3 and then just need to go into the expansions. When I finish LoH: TitS I fully plan to go onto SC and then eventually Trails of Cold Steel...it looks great and I love what I've been playing of TitS. 

9 minutes ago, kyrt said:

I am currently playing Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky (TitS for future reference), Witcher 3, Fallout 4, Grandia II Anniversary Edition, and Overwatch. I am almost done with the base game for Witcher 3 and then just need to go into the expansions. When I finish LoH: TitS I fully plan to go onto SC and then eventually Trails of Cold Steel...it looks great and I love what I've been playing of TitS. 

Hows TitS and what do you love about it? ^_^ 

12 minutes ago, Eclipsed said:

Hows TitS and what do you love about it? ^_^ 

My reason for liking TitS at the moment can be summed up by execution. It's a slow start but it becomes incredibly solid as it continues. For some the start will be too slow and too dialogue heavy but for others it is exactly this amount of time spent with TitS that really makes it work. It paces itself in terms of character, history, and lore development while introducing elements that may not really be noticed until later on in the story. To have a real appreciation for the game you have to look at it from the angle of how does it all work and fit together and have the knowledge that seemingly mundane events may be something much bigger than expected. The story itself is not just about a group of characters but rather about the country, the religions, the people and various powers at work. It's a traditional jrpg executed extremely well and the dialogue is superb (although there is a ton of it). The places where the game actually falters is in the combat and backtracking which while not necessarily bad is nothing new and is very similar to other mechanics you've seen before in other jrpgs. I like where the game is heading at the moment and am looking forward to finishing it.