What Video Games Are You Playing Right Now?

solidbatman

3 minutes ago, Justin579 said:

I can see why they think the characters are interesting but 2 skills and a ult.... doesn't seem like a lot but maybe that is just me comparing it to LOL.

It's about them being versatile. Mercy has a meagre number of skills, but using them well makes her almost impossible to hit, and most certainly kill, and ofc makes her team extremely resilient.

And this is not a MOBA, and not a conventional shooter, so the agile and constantly-changing pace, style and objectives makes it easy not to get too bored with having only a couple skills. Any more, and it could feel like it's too much. You are meant to be walking and using your mouse, not having a third hand on a number of keys with several skills. It would make the game less fast and action-packed.

55 minutes ago, Jun Inoue said:

It's about them being versatile. Mercy has a meagre number of skills, but using them well makes her almost impossible to hit, and most certainly kill, and ofc makes her team extremely resilient.

And this is not a MOBA, and not a conventional shooter, so the agile and constantly-changing pace, style and objectives makes it easy not to get too bored with having only a couple skills. Any more, and it could feel like it's too much. You are meant to be walking and using your mouse, not having a third hand on a number of keys with several skills. It would make the game less fast and action-packed.

yeah that makes more sense

Just beat the story mode for Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millenium Girl, overall I'd say it was pretty good on all fronts be it the characters, story, art and music. Nothing special mind you, but I had fun.

About my only complaints would be some of the later dungeons become a slog to get through, let alone map, and on the writing front...

Spoiler

I do wish they'd done a bit more with Kupala's character before the end since her sacrificing herself didn't really have as much impact as the scene's dialogue seemed to want.

Currently playing Xblaze: Lost Memories on my Vita and going to resume Shin Megami Tensei IV on my 3DS so I can enjoy Apocalypse

Bad news, Senran Kagura completely bombed on me. Guess I'm not in the mood for mindless ecchi atm so I'll get back to this one day

Good news, TRAILS OF COLD STEEEEEEEEL. I was supposed to go Trails in the Sky first, but right now I'm a spoiled brat who can't handle pixelated sprites

1 minute ago, Eclipsed said:

Bad news, Senran Kagura completely bombed on me. Guess I'm not in the mood for mindless ecchi atm so I'll get back to this one day

Good news, TRAILS OF COLD STEEEEEEEEL. I was supposed to go Trails in the Sky first, but right now I'm a spoiled brat who can't handle pixelated sprites

I desperately need to get to the Trails series at some point. Like so many games, I've already bought and downloaded the first one. I really don't know how I got so little of this all done during my three months between jobs, and I really don't know how I'm going to get it all done now that I'm back to working full time.

Probable solution: stop Fuwa-ing. But screw that.

Trails of Cold Steel is pretty fun, it's my first JRPG with school-life elements (inb4  "go play P4G scrub!!!" comments; dw soon :sachi:) and so I'm pretty excited to get to bond with the other members of Class VII and go on missions and explore the world together.

A huge plus is the amount of detail put into making the game's information organized; your Notebook has legit all the information you could ever want to look up as you play the game; there's a main storyline diary that details Rean's activities, a neat quest summary/tracker, monsters & character/NPC bestiary that you can build on via battling more monsters and talking to new NPCs, and of course, a log of all the Tutorials that I skipped over because too lazy. 

Btw, you know my love of tsun-tsuns, so you can probably guess who I'm gonna have my eye on :makina:

7Mleo92.jpg (960×544)
Alisa :kosame:

~~
Only minor, minor gripe so far would be the lack of JP voice option, but the EN dub is actually pretty decent 

So I'm currently playing Fire Emblem Fates. I started on Birthright because playing that part after the other two would only highten the sense that it's a cake walk. I'm about twenty hours in and so far the obvious improvements over the previous game are mainly technical/game play wise.

Among the positives the pair up system now functions differently so you can either pair one unit wth another so their stats increase and your protected from some enemy attacks or you have the units side by side and they attack with you increasing the damage so its a choice between attack or defence also the enemy can make use of this system now so it's more balanced and not as op. And everyone has feet now so that's good.

On the down side I feel the story is somewhat lacking. After the action of the prologue style chapters and the interest of the choice which is the games central conceit the story slows to a crawl with most of it giving a little context to where your fighting followed by lots of rather mundane and somewhat banal character conversations which once or twice had been localized to the point of being cringe worthy. While it also features the constant introduction of new characters that is a common trait of the series they lack the range of background that previous titles posses with most being the royal family and their retainers, despite this some still posses rather interesting if under-utilised personalities. Again I must stress that I have been playing Birthright so any story complaints are limited to that version. Another issue and the only negative in the technical department is a less well defined map with no traversal, instead you simply select where you want to fight from a menu. This means that there is little to help illustrate where everything is on the map making it much less effective.

Finally a note to anyone that hasn't started playing yet: while the difficulty can be dropped in game it cannot be raised, a fact which is not mentioned during the difficulty selection and made all the more glaring as the easy mode has been labeled as normal.

All in all Birthright strikes me as boring despite the fire emblem pedigree which, as a fan, is extremely disappointing.

On 6/2/2016 at 6:42 AM, Eclipsed said:

Trails of Cold Steel is pretty fun, it's my first JRPG with school-life elements (inb4  "go play P4G scrub!!!" comments; dw soon :sachi:) and so I'm pretty excited to get to bond with the other members of Class VII and go on missions and explore the world together.

A huge plus is the amount of detail put into making the game's information organized; your Notebook has legit all the information you could ever want to look up as you play the game; there's a main storyline diary that details Rean's activities, a neat quest summary/tracker, monsters & character/NPC bestiary that you can build on via battling more monsters and talking to new NPCs, and of course, a log of all the Tutorials that I skipped over because too lazy. 

Btw, you know my love of tsun-tsuns, so you can probably guess who I'm gonna have my eye on :makina:

7Mleo92.jpg (960×544)
Alisa :kosame:

~~
Only minor, minor gripe so far would be the lack of JP voice option, but the EN dub is actually pretty decent 

Play P4G you ho

It's 

LEGEN-FUCKING-DARY

It's my #3 favorite game after the Zero Escapes

Finally on Blood and Wine expansion. So far the main quest is interesting but have been just finding side-quest and exploring. Really sad to see this series go but we will be rewarded with Cyberpunk 2077.

Really beautiful new landscapes and architecture.

DYLQgnQ.png

On 6/3/2016 at 6:07 AM, Funyarinpa said:

Play P4G you ho

It's 

LEGEN-FUCKING-DARY

It's my #3 favorite game after the Zero Escapes

Soon.

Btw, now that replaying 999 ruined it for you... :illya: 

~~

Cold Steel is great. It's a very slice of lifey JRPG, slow paced, so its not for people who want to jump straight off the train and into the action FFVII-style. You get 'free' days in between field studies to bond with classmates and converse/quest with townsfolk, and holy crap EVERYBODY in the main town has their own ongoing little story going on, they're not your typical one-time-one-line NPCs, so while it can feel chorey at times to have to walk all over and talk to everyone to see what's new as the main story goes on, it can also feel quite fulfilling.

1 hour ago, Eclipsed said:

Cold Steel is great. It's a very slice of lifey JRPG, slow paced, so its not for people who want to jump straight off the train and into the action FFVII-style. You get 'free' days in between field studies to bond with classmates and converse/quest with townsfolk, and holy crap EVERYBODY in the main town has their own ongoing little story going on, they're not your typical one-time-one-line NPCs, so while it can feel chorey at times to have to walk all over and talk to everyone to see what's new as the main story goes on, it can also feel quite fulfilling.

I love it when games have dialogue like that. I use to go around to random spots in Tales of Xillia to talk to people for different stories and try to unlock skits when I can. It's small stuff like that that make the RP elements more enjoyable to me.

2 hours ago, Eclipsed said:

Btw, now that replaying 999 ruined it for you... :illya:

I trust my first experience more, so it's still #2 after VLR. Huhuhuhuhu

The only thing that could shake those rankings is probably Zero Time Dilemma and Persona 5 in the near future. 

44 minutes ago, MoeKyun said:

Hope P5 comes on vita :komari:

Anyway, waiting for ZTD and god eater 2 :sacchan:

It's impossible for Persona 5 to come to Vita as it is, obviously. 

And seeing how Persona 3 Portable turned out, I highly doubt having P5 on Vita would be desirable. That said, I'd probably still be driven to buy the fuck out of it :P

I wish more for a PC version and IMHO it ain't happening :c

3 minutes ago, Funyarinpa said:

I demand proof. 

Also, any chance of a PC release or is that debunked too? 

It was too long ago, so no idea where to find it now. But ATLUS said since the very begining that P5 was incompatible (which is a bs excuse) with Vita due to some of things you can do in the game, so they were not going to bring it there, ever.

If we add to this the problem that SONY is downright retarded with the Vita, and will let it die within 1-2 years... make the maths.

No idea about PC. But considering the other Persona games... I wouldn't hope for it. SONY wouldn't want it to get anywhere close to a PC.

16 minutes ago, Jun Inoue said:

It was too long ago, so no idea where to find it now. But ATLUS said since the very begining that P5 was incompatible (which is a bs excuse) with Vita due to some of things you can do in the game, so they were not going to bring it there, ever.

If we add to this the problem that SONY is downright retarded with the Vita, and will let it die within 1-2 years... make the maths.

No idea about PC. But considering the other Persona games... I wouldn't hope for it. SONY wouldn't want it to get anywhere close to a PC.

Yet we have examples of Non-sony sony exclusives released on PC, i don't think it's that the problem, more like PC isn't popular in Japan, thus, Atlus won't release it on PC. 

4 minutes ago, Kurisu-Chan said:

Yet we have examples of Non-sony sony exclusives released on PC, i don't think it's that the problem, more like PC isn't popular in Japan, thus, Atlus won't release it on PC. 

We have non-SONY SONY exclusives on PC. But not Persona.