What Video Games Are You Playing Right Now?

solidbatman

Final Fantasy XV Platinum Demo - Pretty boring demo when it comes to doing stuff but cool thing to show off the tech. Makes me wish they would of announced PC version release along side this cause fuuu. Seems like a game that would GREATLY benefit from power hardware, pushing these consoles. 10fingYEARS

Killer Instinct - New release on PC. Pretty well optimized port, can run on a toaster from what I've seen. The load times are non-existent when compared to Xbox One. Great game gets even better.

MOTherfing BATTLETOADS 

Stranger of Sword City - Didn't really play all that much but decided to check it out since there was a 8 hour trial. Seems neat for what it is. Cool art. 

Halo5.

some REmaster impressions

Spoiler

First off, it's downright EVIL to make you seek items for saving. I love it.

Secondly, tank controls are a bit easier than I thought they would be. Quick turnaround helps greatly. Also, for some reason the d-pad is more comfortable than the analog stick. Lol

I like the mansion design and atmosphere. Just got killed by a statue with spikes on its shield because I picked up a key O_O

Because of the Audrey Fan Club, I have now found myself playing Huniepop for the first time. I started at around 8 PM last night. I wasn't able to make myself stop until midnight. That is so far past my bedtime it's not even funny. Curse you people for getting me hooked on a gem-matching game with cute girls. This may be even more addicting for me than Puzzle Quest was.

Additionally, I'm really looking forward to the Destiny content patch landing in 10 days. Prison of Elders was my favorite Destiny release (I don't even know how many times I killed Skolas...), and I have a regular 3-person group to play with now, so we should have a lot of fun with it. The 6-person raids are just too much cat herding for my taste, and my group already does a lot of PvP together, so some fresh 3-person PvE content is pretty much perfect.

Started playing some Assassin's Creed: Black Flag, since I got the Gold Edition on sale.  First off, just wanted to say that uPlay is absolute garbage.  It most likely made Undertale (which I was playing while it was setting up) crash and turned off my sound until I restarted my computer.  Haven't had it do anything worse than that, but that's not really okay  >.<

Black Flag is pretty fun so far, even if the story is pretty boring and predictable and the gameplay is some of the easiest I've ever seen in a mainstream M-rated game (or any AC game I've played, actually).  They really dumbed things down to the point where I rarely have to think at all, which is really frustrating, considering that some of the earlier titles in the series required tactical thinking every once in a while.  "Press X to insta-kill" is probably my biggest complaint so far; the overall level of difficulty in combat in Black Flag so far is equivalent, IMO, to the endgame of AC II, which essentially turns you into a killing machine by the time you reach it, and you can only really fail if you do something incredibly stupid or you intentionally put yourself in a situation that will assuredly cause your death.  No real sense of timing is required for combos or countering (I remember when the window for hidden blade counter insta-kills was under a second; it was so satisfying to insta-kill a big, hulking armored dude swinging a massive axe at your face), and the overall number of tactical options in fights seems to have been decreased.  Can't throw sand/dirt in peoples' eyes in the middle of a fight anymore  >.<   However, it's not the worst thing ever, even if it annoys the hell out of me.  They really captured the feel of a pirate game, though, and that makes it all the more fun.  I can go out sailing, randomly attack some aggro ship, board their ship and kill their crew, steal their shit, then go sell all of the rum and make "but why is the rum gone?" jokes.  It's quite passable in that regard, even if it does seem a little copy/paste with the pirate activities, which I wish were more fleshed out.  On a completely different note, I immediately went and bought a Jolly Roger cape for no reason other than to feel pirate-y.  It worked.

So far, so good (for an AC game), but I have faith that Ubisoft's "talented" writers will make a complete mess out of the sparse story anyway.

cSGO- Got to Rank 3, made a couple Competitive matches, the whole damn game is redeemed. So good. Especially in the first match there was actual communication between my team's players and it was great.

I actually felt like I mattered and got a ~1 K/D ratio which is honestly pretty good for me. 5 victories left to get myself a rank!

12 hours ago, Zenophilious said:

Started playing some Assassin's Creed: Black Flag, since I got the Gold Edition on sale.  First off, just wanted to say that uPlay is absolute garbage.  It most likely made Undertale (which I was playing while it was setting up) crash and turned off my sound until I restarted my computer.  Haven't had it do anything worse than that, but that's not really okay  >.<

Black Flag is pretty fun so far, even if the story is pretty boring and predictable and the gameplay is some of the easiest I've ever seen in a mainstream M-rated game (or any AC game I've played, actually).  They really dumbed things down to the point where I rarely have to think at all, which is really frustrating, considering that some of the earlier titles in the series required tactical thinking every once in a while.  "Press X to insta-kill" is probably my biggest complaint so far; the overall level of difficulty in combat in Black Flag so far is equivalent, IMO, to the endgame of AC II, which essentially turns you into a killing machine by the time you reach it, and you can only really fail if you do something incredibly stupid or you intentionally put yourself in a situation that will assuredly cause your death.  No real sense of timing is required for combos or countering (I remember when the window for hidden blade counter insta-kills was under a second; it was so satisfying to insta-kill a big, hulking armored dude swinging a massive axe at your face), and the overall number of tactical options in fights seems to have been decreased.  Can't throw sand/dirt in peoples' eyes in the middle of a fight anymore  >.<   However, it's not the worst thing ever, even if it annoys the hell out of me.  They really captured the feel of a pirate game, though, and that makes it all the more fun.  I can go out sailing, randomly attack some aggro ship, board their ship and kill their crew, steal their shit, then go sell all of the rum and make "but why is the rum gone?" jokes.  It's quite passable in that regard, even if it does seem a little copy/paste with the pirate activities, which I wish were more fleshed out.  On a completely different note, I immediately went and bought a Jolly Roger cape for no reason other than to feel pirate-y.  It worked.

So far, so good (for an AC game), but I have faith that Ubisoft's "talented" writers will make a complete mess out of the sparse story anyway.

For Unity, they kind of understand the lack of difficulty, so they make fighting as painful and difficult as possible. 

Play with unlimited flashlight, really no point in suffering with that mechanic

Phantoms are finite & have set spawn locations per chapter, once you kill one with a talisman it's gone for the rest of the chapter.

If you can't escape from a phantom, run to a candle, save, reload.

Phantoms will always move as fast as you. You can kite them by walking then doing a quick dash before it attacks

4 hours ago, Kurisu-Chan said:

For Unity, they kind of understand the lack of difficulty, so they make fighting as painful and difficult as possible. 

Can't tell if sarcastic or serious...Black Flag is the first AC game I've played since Brotherhood.

Can PhysX go die in a fire, please?  :saber:

@Eclipsed You're gonna be my go to guy for any questions about Corpse Party. M'kay?

Spoiler

I noticed that Aiko and Haruyuki both know of Naho and Sayaka even though they both died in "Nirvana" and they weren't there when they died. How do they know of their existence? Is this explained later in the game or no?

2 hours ago, Shikomizue said:

@Eclipsed You're gonna be my go to guy for any questions about Corpse Party. M'kay?

Hide contents

I noticed that Aiko and Haruyuki both know of Naho and Sayaka even though they both died in "Nirvana" and they weren't there when they died. How do they know of their existence? Is this explained later in the game or no?

Unfortunately, no explanation whatsoever ._.

So we have to assume it's because Naho had high spirit power. Both Aiko and Haruyuki do as well, in fact. 

Game does mention that even Naho will *eventually* be forgotten though. And that's about it

Started playing Trillion: God of Destruction. 

It's pretty fun and queer little raising sim. The min-maxer in me loves the character raising elements and the fights too are very enjoyable because how intense they are. One wrong move and it's easily over. Also the concept of a boss having literally trillion HP is pretty crazy and overwhelming.   

It's also a pretty harsh game. I started by picking a "cannon fodder" Overlord I didn't like that much to raise first, but they do a really good job at making you care about the characters. I haven't lost her yet, but I can already taste the bitterness of the inevitable loss. 

Alllrighttttttt~~
hEsAQyB.jpg (960×544)

Somehow logged 80 hours in this piece of shit over the past few weeks, it's really only 5 ~ 10 hours of actual readable story/fanservice scenes, then 70 hours of mindless bare-bones "MMO" grinding :vinty: 

Don't regret my time with it though.

~~
Moving onto SAO: Lost Song next. The TL;DR consensus of this game is that, while graphically pretty and more fluid translation, it unfortunately removes a lot of the little niches that gave Hollow Fragment it's charm; menus are simplified and now actually pause the game, battle mechanics became mindless hack n' slash, "players" don't roam around the world anymore so the game feels more empty / lifeless

Some pluses though would be the ability to FLYYYYY and more interestingly the ability to sideline Kirito (though he'll still show up in all cutscenes ofcourse) and play as one of the heroines.

My main party is gonna be Strea Philia and Sinon, let's wreck!@#
EPJJqAk.jpg (960×544)
Dat uber low res ground tho

playing the telltale's game of throne game (sounds like a puzzle xD ) , so far it's really good, sadly the graphics are really bad and the engine is still crap...they keep using this freaking buggy engine my god >_>

story wise really good, hard decisions to make that im sure wont affect anything in the long term as always in the telltale games :P  the old "hard fake choices" but again the story is good so I will play the 6 episodes probably.

Man, between Steins;Gate and Bravely Default, the multitasking is hard on me. Finally got to Chapter 8 on BD which should be the last chapter, luckily i've figured out ways that wipe my enemies out and it's looking good. Second comes out in 4 days and planning to buy it the minute it comes out. This is the final stretch for me.

9 minutes ago, TheFantasm said:

Streamers and YouTubers were playing the Japanese version so yeah. Really not surprised at this point when there are issues with day 1 releases.

not everyone, some of them were playing the pc version not the japanese one for consoles (gamegrumps for example) 

in other news I finished game of thrones, good story like I thought the decisions didnt matter one bit which sucks but still overall it was good also the ending was amazing, really dark and sad just like game of thrones is xD is not the like the books but still very good. I recommend it to any game of throne fan.