What Video Games Are You Playing Right Now?

solidbatman

On 3/5/2016 at 2:38 PM, Nashetania said:

I already played Disgaea way back when I used to have PSP.

I would love to play games like Fire Emblem, but I have only PC.

Try some of the other NIS SRPGs. Makai Kingdom and Soul Nomad are good ones that emulate well on PCSX2.

25 minutes ago, Eclipsed said:

Because I'm so horribad I need to play Awakening on easy. Fk perma-deaths, I know you can just reset and git gud at the game if someone dies during a mission, but frankly I am a filthy casual. qq

Never play any of the earlier games then. They don't give you that option. It's always permanent death and normal difficulty. It's only after you beat that do you get the choice to "level out" the stat growth to be predictable and make the game harder.

Though, the gba games had a soft reset trick to roll the game back a few turns provided you saved. Can't remember if game cube games allowed it.

3 hours ago, Abyssal Monkey said:

Never play any of the earlier games then. They don't give you that option. It's always permanent death and normal difficulty. It's only after you beat that do you get the choice to "level out" the stat growth to be predictable and make the game harder.

Though, the gba games had a soft reset trick to roll the game back a few turns provided you saved. Can't remember if game cube games allowed it.

Path of Radiance on Gamecube and Radiant Dawn on Wii did have an Easy difficulty option in Non-Japanese Copies of the game (they also removed Lunatic difficulty from these releases as well). Also I believe it was in Radiant Dawn (although I might have this backwards), where you could make a save every single turn without any consequences, and just reload if you messed up. 

At the moment:

-Playing a bit of Starcraft 2.

-Tomb Raider 2

-To End All Wars

-Panzer Corps (actually managed to get over 200h on that game).

I actually bought Final Fantasy 7 and 13 on the recent steam sale (best and worst, according to my friends), i wanna try them out, but my time as of late for gaming is getting shorter and shorter. I just keep getting spammed with assigments from the university.

On 05/03/2016 at 2:21 PM, Nashetania said:

Can anyone recommend me good strategy/RPG/SRPG game?

Baldur's Gate or any of the infinity engine games (the story of BG2 is better than most VN novels i have seen, really). If you have done those already then Fallout Tactics?

I played Black Desert Online for a couple of hours after mooching a guest pass from a friend. Holy Christ is that game impenetrable. The translation is so intensely awful that I never understand what is being said to me and if they're explaining any of the systems, none of it is getting through. Actually, I'm pretty sure they just aren't bothering to explain those systems at all. They throw so much at your face and the only thing I understand are the basic combat mechanics. The gathering and crafting, the conversation system, the node system, and pretty much everything else? I ain't gotta clue. What a mess. 

The actual sandbox gameplay and actiony combat laying underneath it all seems kind of appealing. But the game actively repels you with every fiber of its being. I don't know if I have the fortitude to press on.

I'm on Bravely Default 5th chapter right now, I want to finish this before Bravely Second comes out so must hurry.

Actually had this game for a while, but never got around to it till now. Got Agnes as a pretty good White Mage/Spiritmaster so that will definitely come in handy.

I'm in a slump at the moment. I don't know why but I am not interested in anything at the moment. But that's probably because I am hyped about at least 5 games in a couple of months. There goes my promise not hyping stuff.:komari:

Uncharted 4, Ratchet & Clank, Total War: Warhammer, FE: Fates, Pokémon Moon and I probably forgot about one or two games. At least I am not buying them on release before I thoroughly researched the games and the state of the product. 

But I waste time in Europa Universalis 4, Endless Space and Civilization 5 multiplayer runs. Also I bought Black Desert Online which I am going to play with some friends most likely.

Been playing a ton of Elder scrolls online,I got the game when the thieves guild dlc came out, and the dlc is pretty good for new players since it makes you a little bit more extra cash, Its a good MMORPG, but IMO its not as good as GW2, mainly because it has no auction house or sales system...selling stuff and buying stuff can be a pain in the ass sometimes. 

Max Payne 2 – Replayed some of it in anticipation for new Remedy game. Gunplay is still amazing as ever. 

Always stay idle on title screen.

The Division – Made a pretty great first impression, now playing full version I couldn’t find this anymore boring. 
Gears Of War Ultimate Edition – Mostly picked this up so I can get beta for Gears 4. I played for like an hour and am done with it. I’ve played through campaign like 7 times so don’t really feel compelled to finish again, even though I still like it a lot. MP is still great but rather play Gears 3. It did make me excited for Gears 4 MP though, love blasting some fools in MP. 
Halo 5 – Funs.

1 hour ago, HotTrax said:

The Division – Made a pretty great first impression, now playing full version I couldn’t find this anymore boring.

I've been planning to give The Division a try, but between one thing and another I haven't gotten around to it. Maybe some positive feedback would help me get the requisite motivation. What do you like about it? For reference, I'm mostly playing Destiny for both my FPS and my MMO fix right now, which is a pretty powerful combo and which helps me keep down the amount of time spent on those things, since I only play a few hours of Destiny a week.

I got back to Ocarina Of Time 3D since I kinda got into a Zelda mood and found that A Link Between Worlds has soulless locations and thus is boring. Decided to give OOT another go, and enjoyed it even though the Gerudo Fortress is easily the most annoying part of the game. 

Really enjoying Shin Megami Tensei 4 as well. It isn't difficult per se, but it's still an extremely rewarding and enjoyable JRPG. 

Also started to play Final Fantasy 1 on a GBA emulator during commute. It works well with touch controls and is quite fun to play. I like its simplicity. 

19 hours ago, Fred the Barber said:

I've been planning to give The Division a try, but between one thing and another I haven't gotten around to it. Maybe some positive feedback would help me get the requisite motivation. What do you like about it? For reference, I'm mostly playing Destiny for both my FPS and my MMO fix right now, which is a pretty powerful combo and which helps me keep down the amount of time spent on those things, since I only play a few hours of Destiny a week.

I think the core gameplay is really solid. A pretty good tactical third person cover shooter. I can definitely see how it can sink its claws into people. I find Destiny to be more up my alley, more due to its setting and exotic weapons, somewhat diverse enemies, and cool sci-fi armor. The loot of that game is more appealing to me. The Division does do a good job of creating a stunning setting, I just think the setting is boring and limits the diversity of enemies, weapons, and armor. I know that “semi-futuristic modern military setting” is synonymous with the Tom Clancy name but I wish there was more variety. Not just “kill bullet sponge dude with gun and/or flamethrower who may/or may not have shield” or “here is a regular gun with slightly better stats” as the end-game.

I still think it is totally worth checking out though. Becomes better game with other people.

As you might guess from my avatar I'm hooked on Yokai Watch lately. I played it in Japan and really enjoyed it but didn't finish it before I traded in all my Japanese gaming stuff to come back to America, so now I grabbed myself an English copy. The story is pretty much just an anime (though honestly the anime's story is better... loads better) but the fun thing about the game is catching all the Yokai and doing all the subquests. The reason the subquests are so fun is because they all show how the yokai interact with the human world. Like early on you go to a daycare where everyone has a cold because three yokai that are based off of cold symptoms are hanging around. Or you meet an idol who wants to go through town un-noticed so you use a yokai that hides people's presence to help her out. It's so charming how your little buddies can fix things up or cause wacky problems, and that's really where the fun of the game is.

Can't wait for #2 to come out!

I just 100%'d Rabi-Ribi, and I must say it was a very rich experience

On the surface it just seems like a brainless 2D platformer with cute grills slapped on top to lure some horny teenagers, but if you look beneath the surface you'll find something truly special.

Firstly, the controls are crisp, and making mistakes feel like your mistake, not the game's.

The metroidvania aspect of the game is really greatly made: The secrets are usually something that you wouldn't find just straddling about, you have to look for them, but only a minor part of them are truly "hard to find", in the truest sense. As you explore the different plains, you get many possible detours and such, which gave a nice, fresh feel to the game. There truly is three major expeditions you can make, after high jump, after slide and double jump, and after air dash. On these every single expeditions you'll find lots of new places to discover, great amounts off items, and more bosses. All of this is made brilliantly. Even the pacing between these power-ups is comfortably far between, so that you can get some story progression in between.

The terrain and different levels are flexible enough for you to choose how to progress and what bosses to fight. The story doesn't suffer from this at all.

The badge system is interesting to say the least.

Then the greatest part, the bullet hell fighting. This is so great. The patterns are unique for every single boss, and there's like 40 in this game. It's like crack for a bullet-hell maniac like myself.

The final boss is something else entirely, I love it so much.

There also is quite a lengthy after-story to this game. 4 bosses, which are way harder than the final boss. After that there's 3 bonus bosses, which are hard as hell.

There's also a boss rush.

Overall, if you like tough-as-nails difficulty, metroidvania platformers, and touhou-esque bullet hell goodness, pick this game up.

I loved it immensely, and it was the much needed breather I needed in between VNs.