What Video Games Are You Playing Right Now?

solidbatman

2 hours ago, Turnip Sensei said:

Trails of Cold Steel is just too good. I have the "damn I like this game"-feeling going on all the time.

The main party members have their characters fleshed out and presented so well that you grow really fond of them, quite like in Persona. But on top of having awesome main characters the side characters and the whole world is really fleshed out. Too often in games it feels like everything revolves around you, but in Cold Steel there's this feeling that you're just one small part of the world. Whether it's new political movements, seeing your neighbors flirting every morning or listening someone from other class ranting about new radio program; it all adds up to this wonderful sense almost living game world.

Talking to every single character is really worth it. There's so many cool little details you'll miss if you don't. I learned my lesson in Chapter 2 when I realized I missed two chapters of Red Moon Rose. (I wanted to read them...)

Some scenery shots:

Reveal hidden contents

zXWAOGA.jpg

kWSn6eu.jpg

The plains are so pretty... And riding with horses is so much fun.

4pvj2KK.jpg

And other random shots

Hide contents

HKnCeIp.jpg

Bad life advice...

0gCwg4t.jpg

and good life advice.

8wD02rA.jpg

This kid knows what's up.

ndATtbA.jpg

I'm not sure if liking Dogi is either good or bad taste. I could have at least understood if it was Adol, as he's quite the looker, but Dogi? To each his own, I guess. 

fnwtgTt.jpg

The 3D-models for monsters look surprisingly impressive.

The Trails in the Sky games are seriously good at creating great, independent worlds.

1 hour ago, MoeKyun said:

^It will be better if the audio is in Jp, though. :sachi:

Anddd I'm on Ch. 5 now. Millium really cute. :wafuu:

Well, the dub is pretty good, which is smth usually odd in this kind of games! Also, told you about Millium! >:D

11 hours ago, Turnip Sensei said:

There's so many cool little details you'll miss if you don't. I learned my lesson in Chapter 2 when I realized I missed two chapters of Red Moon Rose. (I wanted to read them...)

Check the secondhand shop in Trista. I missed one of the books at some point and it appeared in the shop when I checked it (although it was something like 8000 Mira). 

So I played more P4, Yukkiko waifu confirmed. I like how I talked to her at school one day and it said I need some kind of bonding moment or something like that to get closer, and what do you know a moment pops up and I take it, thus acquiring the social link. I'm happy with myself, not just because of the above, but for buying this game in the first place.

Played some The Divison, I think I am going to get it. Lot of Destiny , Gears, and Mass Effect in the game, cover based gameplay feels really tight. The issues fall in if it will have enough content and won't suffer the same fate as Destiny. The PVP stuff is completely not up my alley, hope you can never touch that stuff. Also looks astonishing on PC, sharp textures really add to the world. 

3 hours ago, Shikomizue said:

So I played more P4, Yukkiko waifu confirmed. I like how I talked to her at school one day and it said I need some kind of bonding moment or something like that to get closer, and what do you know a moment pops up and I take it, thus acquiring the social link. I'm happy with myself, not just because of the above, but for buying this game in the first place.

You might hold off on declaring a P4 waifu until after you meet more of the cast. Also, you should at least know your waifu's name - Yukkiko would have a pretty weird pronunciation.

As for me: I got back into it, and now I can't stop playing the Disgaea 5 endgame. I'm at the point where I can simultaneously level 8 characters from 1 to 9999 in about 5 minutes... and I'm also at the point where that isn't all that useful in breaking new ground. What a lovely and ridiculous game. All other forms of entertainment have basically been on hold for the past week (including, unfortunately, very little progress on G-Senjou lately...).

9 hours ago, Fred the Barber said:

You might hold off on declaring a P4 waifu until after you meet more of the cast. Also, you should at least know your waifu's name - Yukkiko would have a pretty weird pronunciation.

Yukkiko, Yukiko, same thing right? (I know it's not but at least you know what I mean.)

We'll see if I change my waifu, we'll see. Inb4 Kanji is waifu.

3 hours ago, Shikomizue said:

Yukkiko, Yukiko, same thing right? (I know it's not but at least you know what I mean.)

We'll see if I change my waifu, we'll see. Inb4 Kanji is waifu.

Hey, Kanji is pretty sweet, mate! Also, I always found hilarious and super weird that Yukiko's "shy" face is a super perverted expression. Pay attention to it.

Beat Senran Kagura 2 a few days ago. Overall I liked it, but it is the weakest of the series for me. Partially because of lack of a real lock on which makes solo fights a pain compared to paired ones, and on the writing end too much time was spent building things up, Yomi's character development was way weaker than in the original game's Hebijo story which makes the decision to retcon it all the more infuriating, and it is disappointing to not be able to play as Kagura or Naraku. I can say I liked the story though as the good parts were genuinely enjoyable, especially the comedy, and fighting in pairs was pretty fun, and it made the Yoma Nest side levels fun too.

I also just beat Dragonball Z Extreme Butoden, the best things about it being its battle system and its villains' story was interesting. Unfortunately that story had a disappointing ending and the other story modes were terribly written.

Currently playing Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl.

Going to buy Persona 3 Portable and Final Fantasy VI today. Huge hopes for P3P seeing as Persona 4 Golden became my #4 favorite game of all time when I finished it last New Year's Eve. Could only go a month without Persona. 

As for FFVI, heard it was very good, it's on sale, might as well play my first FF by now.

4 hours ago, Funyarinpa said:

Going to buy Persona 3 Portable and Final Fantasy VI today. Huge hopes for P3P seeing as Persona 4 Golden became my #4 favorite game of all time when I finished it last New Year's Eve. Could only go a month without Persona. 

As for FFVI, heard it was very good, it's on sale, might as well play my first FF by now.

Just be careful you don't get yourself over-hyped - it won't matter how good something is if you go into it expecting to be blown away immediately. P3P has its ups and downs, and is quite a bit different from P4G in all aspects aside from core gameplay (which is one of the surprisingly least-important aspects of those two games).

FFVI is a favorite, and IMO it has aged very well, so I think you'll be pleased there. Just don't forget to wait for Shadow.

Not really feeling Persona 3 Portable. Will need some time to adjust to how the gameplay works and the presentation. (VN storytelling, cursor to pick stuff, little stick support (having to use D-pad for battle, saving etc. is annoying), bad text and image quality, etc.)

Junpei's pissed me off with his "see how nice a person I am!" line as soon as he was introduced. Mitsuru and Yukari seem nice, and I'm pretty sure the school board director (forgot his name) is voiced by Igor's VA. Haven't had any day for myself yet though, and P4G wasn't fun by this point either. Not worried at all. Somewhat digging the relatively muted color palette. 

The music is definitely great.

Playing as MaleMC since it's closer to the original.

5 hours ago, Fred the Barber said:

Just be careful you don't get yourself over-hyped - it won't matter how good something is if you go into it expecting to be blown away immediately.

Probably too late, but I really wanted more Persona. I knew about the game's drawbacks before going in though, so I somewhat knew what to expect.

Also, after P4G becoming my #4 favorite game of all time (behind 999, Virtue's Last Rewards and Danganronpa 2) despite the first 3 or so hours being shitty, I am not worried about my current impressions at all. :D 

27 minutes ago, Funyarinpa said:

Probably too late, but I really wanted more Persona. I knew about the game's drawbacks before going in though, so I somewhat knew what to expect.

Also, after P4G becoming my #4 favorite game of all time (behind 999, Virtue's Last Rewards and Danganronpa 2) despite the first 3 or so hours being shitty, I am not worried about my current impressions at all. :D 

4 is by far better then 3 but its at least worth a play through I love them both. But least we have Persona 5 to look forward to this year?

1 hour ago, Funyarinpa said:

Not really feeling Persona 3 Portable. Will need some time to adjust to how the gameplay works and the presentation. (VN storytelling, cursor to pick stuff, little stick support (having to use D-pad for battle, saving etc. is annoying), bad text and image quality, etc.)

Junpei's pissed me off with his "see how nice a person I am!" line as soon as he was introduced. Mitsuru and Yukari seem nice, and I'm pretty sure the school board director (forgot his name) is voiced by Igor's VA. Haven't had any day for myself yet though, and P4G wasn't fun by this point either. Not worried at all. Somewhat digging the relatively muted color palette. 

The music is definitely great.

Playing as MaleMC since it's closer to the original.

Persona 3 fairly different from 4 in terms of themes and how the group dynamic are handled. This time it's not just fun and games, rainbows and friendships.

But it's pretty much up the preferences which these styles you happen to prefer. I personally like 3 more; the main story is better and I feel the way the characters are handled and integrated to the story is better, but that's just me. 

Well, in terms of gameplay 3 has some inconveniences compared to 4 and especially Golden, but it's minor. Even Tartaros is kind of acquired taste, the reactions can range from "worst dungeon in all video games" to "Interesting way to portray progress and working towards a goal". 

brb guys, starting up FF7

~~
Played close to an hour of FF7.

FF7 is actually quite nice and the graphics, save for the AGONIZING character models, actually don't look bad on Vita. Had to swap X and O due to O being bound to Use and X being bound to Cancel.

Liked the gameplay.

As for the story, Midgar sounds like an amazing dystopia. I might actually like this game's story, which is great. As for characters, nothing exceptionally good or bad so far.

Overall, it exceeded my low expectations. Was this another 70 hour RPG?

I paused playing FF: Type-0 and got back to Lufia II on my good old SNES. I recently cleaned the console und bought some carts I used to own when I was a kid. Now I'm trying to 100% the game for the first time ever. I really struggled back when I was young. :wahaha:

But since Digimon: Cyber Sleuth will arrive within the end of the week I'll probably have to stall Lufia, too...^^

9 hours ago, Eclipsed said:

Plan to knock out SAO: Hollow Fragment & SAO: Lost Song, and maybe Tales of Hearts R this month

Anyone who's played the SAO games and watched the anime want to brief me? :kosame:

The first half of season 1 of SAO is worth watching, assuming you don't mind obvious male chauvinism, and the second half is terrible. Given how the second half of season 1 went, the second season is probably garbage.

Given how things tanked after the first arc, I expect the games are awful, but I have yet to hear anything at all about them, which is frankly possibly even more disturbing than a simple "yay" or "nay". So, uh... good luck? Maybe go play Senran Kagura instead or something.