What Video Games Are You Playing Right Now?

solidbatman

Game playing 

Killer Instinct - This game is so good. Still favorite game on the Xbox. 

Lightning Returns - I think I have gotten my fill of this. I really do love this game but I already did multiple playthroughs when it came out. New official 4k update is good though. 

I really liked the beta for Rainbow Six but I'm waiting for price drop, maybe to $20, so I can get it along with others cause that game is super fun with other people. 

I just bought bf4 premium edition, I'v been a fps fan for a long time, and cs go can't cut it for me anymore, though I'v never played a battlefield game before, I'm willing to try it out and hopefully its worth the long download time.

Rainbow Sixxxxxx

Anyone here a big PC know how kinda person? Got a new GTX 970 card and EVGA 500w 80 PSU but not sure if the PSU will be able to handle my system effectively.

My current specs (new card/psu not installed):

Processor AMD FX(tm)-8120 Eight-Core Processor

Manufacturer AMD
Speed 3.1 GHz
Number of Cores 8
Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660
Manufacturer NVIDIA
Chipset GeForce GTX 660
Dedicated Memory 2048 MB
Total Memory 3.9 GB
Memory 16 GB
Operating System Microsoft Windows 8.1 (build 9600), 64-bit
Service Pack 0
Size 64 Bit
Edition 
Display Maximum Resolution 1920 x 1080
DVD TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-224BB ATA Device
CD TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-224BB ATA Device
Drive 1 
Size 931.5 GB
Free 616.6 GB
Drive 2 
Size 931.5 GB
Free 607.6 GB

My rig is a bit old which is why I am upgrading it.

I just bought bf4 premium edition, I'v been a fps fan for a long time, and cs go can't cut it for me anymore, though I'v never played a battlefield game before, I'm willing to try it out and hopefully its worth the long download time.

BF4 is one of the best FPS I've ever played. It really is a blast. 

Rainbow Sixxxxxx

Anyone here a big PC know how kinda person? Got a new GTX 970 card and EVGA 500w 80 PSU but not sure if the PSU will be able to handle my system effectively.

Hidden Content

Currenly on gtx980/i75820k with 500w.  You should be fine if you won't be overclocking all stuff. 

Rainbow Sixxxxxx

Hidden Content

Dude, my build is pretty close to yours and I'm thinking of an upgrade or a new PC, its also a couple years old and can't run the latest games anymore.I probably would have gotten rainbow six if I had a better rig, I could run fallout 4 but it stutters a bit every now and then, I couldn't even play witcher 3 when it came out...:(, enough complains. The PSU should be fine, but I would recommend a 750w if you plan on future upgrades(which would be required as gaming rigs tend to retire every couple of years and the latest tech pops out like mushrooms)

Buying new PCs completely with regularity is wasteful. I usually do a minor upgrade every two or three years. Right now I'm sporting a Phenom II x4 3.2ghz cpu, GTX 680 GPU, and 8GB of RAM. MGS5 ran on max settings at 60FPS. Witcher 3 was nearly capable of that. You ought to be able to play The Witcher 3 on a 660, just turn down a few settings. 

Rainbow Sixxxxxx

Hidden Content

What's most important for PSUs is the amperage they output. What's the amperage of its 12v rails, how many of them do they have? That kind of thing. 500w is a little on the low side and you might not be able to support too many components with it, especially with a card like a GTX970. You probably should have asked these questions before buying these things, lol.

BF4 is one of the best FPS I've ever played. It really is a blast. 

Rainbow Sixxxxxx

Hidden Content

Currenly on gtx980/i75820k with 500w.  You should be fine if you won't be overclocking all stuff. 

Rainbow Sixxxxxx

Hidden Content

Dude, my build is pretty close to yours and I'm thinking of an upgrade or a new PC, its also a couple years old and can't run the latest games anymore.I probably would have gotten rainbow six if I had a better rig, I could run fallout 4 but it stutters a bit every now and then, I couldn't even play witcher 3 when it came out...:(, enough complains. The PSU should be fine, but I would recommend a 750w if you plan on future upgrades(which would be required as gaming rigs tend to retire every couple of years and the latest tech pops out like mushrooms)

I do plan to upgrade but not for a while, and my new PSU is only $40 so not a big deal as long as it works for my current build. FYI Rainbow Six Siege runs at 59 - 90 FPS on average for me with my current set up, nothing new installed. 

Also, I have never overclocked nor do I plan to, so good there.

Buying new PCs completely with regularity is wasteful. I usually do a minor upgrade every two or three years. Right now I'm sporting a Phenom II x4 3.2ghz cpu, GTX 680 GPU, and 8GB of RAM. MGS5 ran on max settings at 60FPS. Witcher 3 was nearly capable of that. You ought to be able to play The Witcher 3 on a 660, just turn down a few settings. 

Rainbow Sixxxxxx

Hidden Content

What's most important for PSUs is the amperage they output. What's the amperage of its 12v rails, how many of them do they have? That kind of thing. 500w is a little on the low side and you might not be able to support too many components with it, especially with a card like a GTX970. You probably should have asked these questions before buying these things, lol.

The PSU was only $40 and I can still return it (it's being shipped not even here yet) and the GTX 970 was a Christmas present. The EVGA 500w 80 has 40A, IIRC, so I do believe I am good there.

Rainbow Sixxxxxx

Hidden Content

Rainbow Sixxxxxx

Hidden Content

The PSU was only $40 and I can still return it (it's being shipped not even here yet) and the GTX 970 was a Christmas present. The EVGA 500w 80 has 40A, IIRC, so I do believe I am good there.

I'm thinking of getting a new PC because I'v made some mistakes in the past back when I didn't know computers that well( I left my cpu running without thermal paste for about half a year....I had no idea that white stuff was suppose to be on there...wiped it clean...I'm surprised my computer still runs fine, hasn't crashed more than 5 times since I bought it) The fan and liquid cooling is my main reason for a replacement, its so damn loud I can't play anything without my ears going deaf, I'v tried to install a new liquid cooler but somehow I couldn't get it to fit on there( it was a corsair and it just would not fit despite being the same one fan).How do you guys deal with the noise? I know computers tend to get noisy over the years,but mine just drives me nuts. So because of the reasons mentioned, my cpu is possibly damaged and I probably need to get a new one, my gpu is outdated for most modern and upcoming games, I can't really salvage much except the ram and hard drive(which are pretty cheap compared to what I can't salvage), so I figure its probably best to just get a new PC and I'll upgrade from there in the future, or maybe build my own, but I don't know how and that thought kind of scares me...

I'm presuming it's this? That should be sufficient in theory. The 3.3v rail provides enough power for your card, the 12v rail is slightly on the weak side, and I'm a little worried that the thing could struggle if you start adding additional hard drives and that kind of thing, but it should probably be fine. Don't expect to be overclocking anything with it.

I'm thinking of getting a new PC because I'v made some mistakes in the past back when I didn't know computers that well( I left my cpu running without thermal paste for about half a year....I had no idea that white stuff was suppose to be on there...wiped it clean...I'm surprised my computer still runs fine, hasn't crashed more than 5 times since I bought it) The fan and liquid cooling is my main reason for a replacement, its so damn loud I can't play anything without my ears going deaf, I'v tried to install a new liquid cooler but somehow I couldn't get it to fit on there( it was a corsair and it just would not fit despite being the same one fan).How do you guys deal with the noise? I know computers tend to get noisy over the years,but mine just drives me nuts. So because of the reasons mentioned, my cpu is possibly damaged and I probably need to get a new one, my gpu is outdated for most modern and upcoming games, I can't really salvage much except the ram and hard drive(which are pretty cheap compared to what I can't salvage), so I figure its probably best to just get a new PC and I'll upgrade from there in the future, or maybe build my own, but I don't know how and that thought kind of scares me...

Regarding noise, that's hard to say. It's a very subjective matter. I currently have four or five active case fans that are all relatively low-speed in addition to a stock heatsink and fan. I suppose my computer is a little on the loud side but I subconsciously tune it out and no longer hear it at all. I also use headphones. 

I'm presuming it's this? That should be sufficient in theory. The 3.3v rail provides enough power for your card, the 12v rail is slightly on the weak side, and I'm a little worried that the thing could struggle if you start adding additional hard drives and that kind of thing, but it should probably be fine. Don't expect to be overclocking anything with it.

Regarding noise, that's hard to say. It's a very subjective matter. I currently have four or five active case fans that are all relatively low-speed in addition to a stock heatsink and fan. I suppose my computer is a little on the loud side but I subconsciously tune it out and no longer hear it at all. I also use headphones. 

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00H33SFJU?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00 Pretty sure it's the same as the one you listed.

Regarding me adding anything I don't plan to at all, at least for another two years. I have an external hard drive 1TB via usb for music, pictures, and vn's. Then my hard drive that is inside will have any games, which I don't keep too many on my computer. Then when it comes to overclocking, unless it is overclocked by default (not sure if some parts are or not) I am not touching anything like that. 

I will also be upgrading my second monitor, but those have their own power supply. And aside from the usb accessories I have plugged in it should stay the same for quite some time.

phantom pain fucking amazing, that prologue was pure fucking amazing, just for that hour and a half of cinematics was worth to spent those 40 bucks, it was like watching a really good action movie (It needed a little bit more of gore like fear for example) finally buying that new vga is paying off.

Still in chapter 3 of Yakuza 5 but here is my short impression of it 

What i expect when playing it: Punching thousand of mooks and being a badass.

What i got: Punching thousand of mooks and being a badass, NFS Taxi version,  Hunting bear with guns, PUNCHING bear, Rhythm game and Dance Dance revolution.

FRICKIN AWESOME

Restarted my Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition campaign for the third time, since I fucked up a trait on one of my characters. The game's not forgiving enough to just let that pass (at least not on high difficulty). Despite that, the game's super awesome. Need to try the co-op campaign, though.

Revisited Halo 5. I really need to get back into that game, still have not touched the new maps that came out. 
Also, my go-to game to just relax Witcher 3. I love encountering new places and enemies I’ve never cross paths with.
This goddamn game man. 

h3Ubstd.jpg

Okay so I wanted to do a little overview on the three games I'm currently playing. All on Vita, woo!

1) Persona 4 Golden- GOTY. The game fucking sucked me in and I'm utterly in love with the cast. It all feels so fun and carefree! Inaba is the most "real" place I've ever seen in a game, and the cast is my favorite ever too. The school campout, the night at the inn, the beach trip- They all felt so real, so beautiful.

Doesn't even matter that I don't like the JRPG part much.

2) Danganronpa Another Episode- So far it's a 7.5/10. The shooting is enjoyable but utterly unremarkable and the story is... decent. Fukawa's WAY better than in the first game but there still isn't much to truly hook me on the game. At least the plot is darker than the other two and the OST is pretty good. The art style is pretty good too (it's like a 3D render of DR1) except the fact that it lacks detailed textures so much that at times you only see two different plain colors on screen. The cast's too small to be interesting too. In Chapter 2 so far.

3) Samurai Warriors 4- I quite like this game. Musou, performs well, cute girls and badass guys. First Musou game (played the shit out of a couple of demos though), no qualms with it except for the command for calling the horse being the upper left rear touchpad. Story isn't bad, game's fun, all is good.

After finishing DR:AE and P4G I'll be moving on to Planescape: Torment on PC and then Soul Sacrifice and SW4 on Vita. Might get Persona 3 Portable and jump into that instead down the line.

I suddenly got a huge DRPG fever the other day and started searching for something new and interesting to satisfy my crawling needs. In the end I picked up 7th Dragon 2020, partly because I decided that I might as well grind my Japanese along with some levels. It's much less stressful when you don't have to understand everything you read to fully enjoy something. 

And it seems like a pretty solid dungeon crawler. Combat is fairly normal, but solid. The character classes are pretty interesting with a slight sci-fi twists and the resource management is made less frustrating using out-of-battle healing skills. That way you can save your items and other valuables to where they really count.

Presentation is really good as well. The Chibi 3D-models are nice, but the character designs/portrait illustrations are just awesome. 

Destroyer-female.jpg

There's also a superb VA-cast and Hatsune Miku songs in this game, and I'm quite liking it. Pretty portraits and energetic voices make my all-girl party even better.