What Video Games Are You Playing Right Now?

solidbatman

Replay: MGS: Revengance. The hypest fing game ever. Night and day compared to MGSV in terms of cutscenes. 

Also sold a Grisaia Wallpaper on Steam that will cover the cost of Lightning Returns when that hits on PC early next month. $15.00 for a wallpaper, god damn. 

Has anyone played Deception IV The Nightmare Princess? It seems interesting and I'm in the mood for a JRPG/RPG action thingy. It's on sale btw only reason I am looking at it lol

I've only played the Normal Deception IV, and liked. It's really satisfying to set up trap combos, theory craft new ones and watching the poor soldiers suffer in goofy ways. Some bosses can be annoying since they have tendency to avoid your traps and require really specific set-ups. Sometimes this works really well, sometimes it devolves in to repeating same gimmick over and over, and whittling the boss down.

The Nightmare Princess adds tons of new traps and locations to spice up the gameplay, but more importantly the new character can attack enemies by kicking them into traps. In normal Deception IV you can only run away from enemies and luring them into your traps which felt sometimes kind of passive, but the kicking fixes that a little.

Overall, it's pretty fun Action Puzzle game. Using stationary traps as your sole means of offense is pretty unique and strangely addicting.     

I just started playing way of the samurai 4, It looked like a pretty decent rpg with some freedom and some roaming, and I have to say the game has some pretty hilarious dialogues, I'm only a bit into the game, but it seems like there are several factions to side with,and lots of endings based on your actions, I love it when you play an rpg and your choices has an impact on the outcome.There are somethings that I find disappoint though, like some doors that looks real nice but can't actually be opened, but then again almost all rpgs have unopenable doors, its a pretty small game( limited amount of maps), so there is limitations,there is not much character customization at all  so I probably won't pay full price for it,but for a discount price, I would recommend it since its pretty fun GTA style roaming with swords and spears, though the map is obviously much smaller. Fun fact:if you start a NG+, your previous character can be seen roaming the city, and on the original PS3, you can invade other players cities or let them invade yours, kind of like the pvp system in dark souls.

Bought Splatoon today, pre-owned. Going to give it a try for a week then decide if I want to keep it or not. My NNID should be LiquidShu, if you have it add me :sachi:

Also bought Onechanbara Z2 Chaos for PS4, haven't played much yet. 

Grinding away in Pokemon and playing a little KF2 on the side as well.

A Link Between Worlds is probably the best Zelda I've played in terms of gameplay.  (Link's Awakening takes the cake when it comes to story, I would love a LA remake with ALBW graphics on 3DS.Gotta play Majora's Mask 3D sometime, seems to be the only Zelda game where story matters and is a dark story, too bad it's 40€) I'm having a lot of fun with it. 

A Link Between Worlds is probably the best Zelda I've played in terms of gameplay.  (Link's Awakening takes the cake when it comes to story, I would love a LA remake with ALBW graphics on 3DS.Gotta play Majora's Mask 3D sometime, seems to be the only Zelda game where story matters and is a dark story, too bad it's 40€) I'm having a lot of fun with it. 

You and I see eye-to-eye on Zelda quite a bit, it seems. Though I know it was tongue-in-cheek, your earlier "it's a 7/10 series" comment matches my own opinions about the series in general. I've hardly played Zelda games since giving up on OOT years ago because I found it frustrating, but A Link Between Worlds is absolutely delightful (I truly believed the painting thing was just going to be gimmicky, but it is actually awesome), and Link's Awakening holds a special place in my nostalgic heart because of the story as much as the gameplay.

I don't know exactly what he meant by that, though :wafuu:

I don't actually know why people hate the Water Temple so much.  It's not really that hard, the menus just make putting on the iron boots a pain in the ass.  In the 3DS remake you can hotkey the Iron Boots, and it made the Water Temple a lot more tolerable.

I didn't think that A Link Between Worlds was that great, honestly.  It was the easiest Zelda game I've ever played, and I never actually had to think too hard to beat any part of it (aside from that godawful baseball minigame.  I hope the person that thought that one up can live with themselves, knowing that they did what they did).  The painting mechanic was pretty cool, but it got kinda stale after a while, IMO.  I was more interested in Lorule and Princess Hilda, honestly.

OoT was 'frustrating'?

Yes. Specifically the puzzles were frustrating. You have to understand that this was the first game I played with any puzzles requiring 3D spatial awareness. I'm pretty sure I had played Mario 64 with no problems before this, and that was the sum total of 3D game experience. I also played it without any sort of guide because, at the time it came out, I don't think we even had internet service, let alone would I have even considered the radical idea of using the internet to find a game guide.

At any rate, I think it was after a couple of hours wandering around Jabu Jabu's belly, still unable to finish doing whatever it was that needed doing, that my (nearly-nonexistent, because I was probably 13 at the time) patience wore out and I just shelved the game indefinitely.