What Video Games Are You Playing Right Now?

solidbatman

• 2 weeks later...

Happily taking my time with GTA V. The game's pretty great.

I'm loving GTA V, but I'm probably playing it wrong:  I have literally spent 3 hours playing it as a glorified bicycling sim.  (First person biking! Try it!)

I'm loving GTA V, but I'm probably playing it wrong:  I have literally spent 3 hours playing it as a glorified bicycling sim.  (First person biking! Try it!)

Oh, no. That sounds about right. I'm making it a point to really take the time and smell the flowers and enjoy the world R* built myself. I sink quite a few hours in between missions just watching the in-game tv programs, joy riding and listening to the radio, and doing all the hobbie mini-games. Cycling is crazy fun, particularly down Mount Chiliad. Also, the work they did underwater was pretty surprising. You can buy scubagear and even a small submersible and just go at it exploring the sea floor.

Still playing Tales of Xilla, a little more than 30 hours in.  I'm finding the lillium orb leveling system to be one of the more interesting aspects of the game so far, I like it better than Graces f's Title system. The battle system feels a little less intuitive and not quite the fast-paced fireworks chaos that was Graces f, but I like it better than Vesperia's and Abyss', though I've only been using Milla since the begining. (except for the mandatory Jude parts) Most of the characters are likable, though Ivar is not only one of the most annoying characters ever, I just wanted him to die a painful death at a certain point. The story seemed predictable at first, but it has taken a turn I didn't expect, so we'll see how this turns out later on.

Also, I'm almost done with the main game in 7th Dragon 2020!  Currently fighting Human Dragon Mizuchi in Chapter X.  I think I only have the dragon god left to beat after that and I'll have finished the game!  We'll see how difficult the bonus dungeon is after that.

Just finished FFXIII and I want my 40 hours back >.<

Currently mopping up Nier's extra endings. It's a game that has a lot of potential that isn't realized, but I guess i've still enjoyed playing it.

Just starting FFXIII-2 and have been pleasantly surprised by the changes that have been made.

Also playing Star Ocean 3...but that's kind of on hold.

Dagnabbit! The final boss in 7th Dragon 2020 is being a real pain in the ass.  After trying to beat him 6 times in a row with my level 60 party that was annihilating pretty much anything up to this point I decided to reload and go complete the few remaining sidequests that I have.  I can take a pretty good chunk of his health, but he has a very annoying skill that gives him an extra turn whenever he kills one of my characters, and once he starts it's pretty much the end for me.

Also, an aquaintance from the web wanted me to visit his Animal Crossing town, so I'm redownloading that to my 3DS if anybody is also interested in a visit! I only played for the first 2 or 3 weeks though, so my town is not very advanced.

I started replaying Catherine tonight. One of my favorites.

Catherine is amazing =) Though the evil end is so much more epic than the good one. I wouldn't have liked the game nearly as much if I had gone for the good end. Trying to explain to my girlfriend why a game about cheating is so good is...tough >.>

State of Decay and E.Y.E Divine Cybermancy, also Thomas Was Alone.

I enjoyed State of Decay for the time I played it but I never made it to the end. By the time i'd moved into the best home in the game it felt like there wasn't much else worth doing. Still, I don't regret buying it at all.

Just started playing Gods Eater Burst. Seems pretty interesting, though I think the story will make it or break it for me.

I finaly did it!  I finished 7th Dragon 2020!  :D   That last boss was one of the toughest I fought in a while, I don't know how many tries it took me, and I barely got him with last minute EX Skills.  I might import the sequel eventualy, but it's a bit too expensive for my budget right now, and who knows if they might do a cheaper reprint like with this one.   Anyway, I really enjoyed it.  It was one of my first import video games, which I bought last year, and I'm very satisfied with what I got out of it.

Catherine is amazing =) Though the evil end is so much more epic than the good one. I wouldn't have liked the game nearly as much if I had gone for the good end. Trying to explain to my girlfriend why a game about cheating is so good is...tough >.>

I don’t know.  The true Catherine end is fun, but I think I prefer the good Katherine end.  I just felt like it was more in line with the Vincent’s character.

I told my girlfriend at the time I found it so compelling because it focused on themes that typically don’t get a lot of treatment in videogames: infidelity and the fear of commitment. Plus, horror/romance is an interesting genre combination when you think about it and on top of that they threw pretty fun puzzle mechanics into the mix.

Thaaaat's enough gushing.