What Video Games Are You Playing Right Now?

solidbatman

Urgh, there went my post about Mabinogi. Oh well. >.<

But hey, I'm still enjoying the heck out of this game. Every day is a whole new discovery, and I love the variety of things you can do here. The way you train skills for even the non-combat skills is so much fun. And with the way it's structured, you can very easily play a whole bunch of classes with just one character in this process called rebirth.

Yesterday I started putting a little more work into commerce. The activity is really amusing in its own way. You're pretty much using a unique currency (Duscats) that is separate from the main one, and you build onto that by making deliveries between towns. The more you make, the more you're able to trade. Eventually you'll be able to make enough to upgrade transport methods so you can deliver stuff faster.

I have to applaud Mabinogi for its uniqueness. I can't think of a single other game like it.

Playing Moemon Fire Red and got my first shiny EVER (and I finished 2nd generation game two times, and two times got to 2/3 of 3rd generation game)

HL0XD2g.jpg

Oul68QV.png

It's Spearow, now named Rei. Hasty nature, so it plays nicely with it strengths. Now, play 100 hours more and maybe I find another one ;)

Finished the story of Valkyria Chronicles 3.

The Ragnite (nuclear) missile came little out of nowhere, I guess Valkyrias weren't clear enough metaphor for weapons of mass destruction. 

The ending had little too much pandering for me, but it was really entertaining to see all the characters in festive clothes. Annika and Imca in suits ftw. 

VC3 is definitely my favorite of the series. The story is most interesting of three, although it's still really cheesy at times in true Valkyria Chronicles fashion. Even the pretty wonky fan translation didn't lessen my enjoyment.

The gameplay is most polished and fun, and the smaller maps are a positive thing for me. And finally, I really like the characters in VC3.

I still have some side missions to do and I'm eagerly waiting for my copy of Valkyria Chronicles 3: Complete Artworks to arrive. I just had to get it after playing the game.

Finished the story of Valkyria Chronicles 3.

The Ragnite (nuclear) missile came little out of nowhere, I guess Valkyrias weren't clear enough metaphor for weapons of mass destruction. 

The ending had little too much pandering for me, but it was really entertaining to see all the characters in festive clothes. Annika and Imca in suits ftw. 

VC3 is definitely my favorite of the series. The story is most interesting of three, although it's still really cheesy at times in true Valkyria Chronicles fashion. Even the pretty wonky fan translation didn't lessen my enjoyment.

The gameplay is most polished and fun, and the smaller maps are a positive thing for me. And finally, I really like the characters in VC3.

I still have some side missions to do and I'm eagerly waiting for my copy of Valkyria Chronicles 3: Complete Artworks to arrive. I just had to get it after playing the game.

What Girl? What Girl?! 

Playing through some Alan Wake again. Man, I really like the game but it really drags on sometimes. I've also given up my Time Clickers addiction, I found someone's code to import that gave me all the achievements. Life is nothing anymore. 

Also super hyped for MGSV. Kinda want to go through Ground Zeroes again but I don't own it on PC and I don't feel like plugging in my Xbone. 

2 weeks!!
KpjwG35.png

I would of taken more story/set pieces over the the combat. I do enjoy the gun play but there was just too much, as well as more stamina for sprinting. I've opened the developer menu and have given myself infinite ammo so just going through again for the story again. I do hope we get a sequel one day. 

I fucking despised MGS1 when I played it with an emulator. Sadly, it seems to be one of the best storylines out there

The gameplay is definitely dated, but if you just want an abridged version of the story, there's the graphic novel available in several formats. Alternatively, play the GameCube remake. Personally, I dislike the remake, as Shadow Moses wasn't designed for the MGS2 gameplay, making the difficulty very trivial. An example being that you can now aim in first person, essentially clearing a room, lethal or non-lethal, just by standing by the entrance and shooting people in the head.

are you refering to the ps1 ver or gamecube one? the psx ver doesn't hold up very well to be honest, gameplay and graphically speaking

Surprisingly I wasn't bothered much by the graphics (nowmally I loathe PS1/N64 level graphics with a passion) but the gameplay was clunky and boring.

The story didn't feel all that amazing either.

Initial D on the PSP was fun, and... A bit disappointing. Bunta mode makes up for the disappointing difficulty by giving you an opponent who grows with you. For 15 levels, then he starts to beat the shit out of you.

Anyways, the game has a surprising amount of thought put into realism (as expected of Initial D, of course). Ditches on multiple, but not all courses, allow for high-speed cornering, provided you can control the car enough to make sure it doesn't hit the railing a millimeter beyond. Each course has its own difficulty step, each one teaching you something new about how to drive your car. Each course has a "line" this is both best for what you're driving and is logically sound.

You can beat the game with any car, without any upgrades. As Initial D has always emphasized, the car is not as important as the driver who makes it run. Be forewarned, however, that any car without upgrades will be extremely hard to win with in the later stages, especially on Bunta mode. Fucking Bunta mode.

Now, here is the crux of the problem with this game- Collisions. Collisions in this game are crushing when it comes to your chances of victory on normal/hard mode, but really, it's just you slowing down at a steady rate or not being able to accelerate for a while. On top of this, car collisions are literally not programmed into the game; If you were to drive your car up against your opponent's, your car will spaz the fuck out and go all over the place. Sometimes, I find myself jumping in front of the enemy car by simply crashing into it, and it's in a way that I, for a moment, am unable to comprehend where exactly I am. Loss of concentration can lead to the end of a deathmatch, and the existence of this glitch-like error does not majorly affect the AI in any way.

Let's talk about AI a bit. The AI in this game is by no means genius, but MY GOD WAS IT MADE BY A GENIUS. When racing against side-characters like Itsuki and Iketani, I can feel their archetypes. That's right, I literally feel them. I remember thinking "Oh, this guy isn't good at all, just has a nice car", or "Her driving is so gentle...". On top of this, and this is especially evident in 15-star Bunta mode, they use the difficulty level to force you to find the best line for you, and ultimately make you unbeatable. The problem? Collisions can sometimes actually help you, like how I won every race on Akagi by crashing into the first few hairpins and 4th gear full speed.

So my verdict? 7/10.

The game is by no means beatable by a fairweather ragequitter. It takes commitment, focus, and smarts. Most importantly, you have to learn to manage your upgrades. Upgrades are not bought with money or any sort of placeholder for money. You get cards after a battle, some of which are useless, one that unlocks Bunta mode when you view it in the gallery, and a lot of car part cards. You upgrade by using up these cards... forever. They're potentially infinite, but you'll never be able to fully grasp their power until you push both yourself and your car to the limit- and lose.

The game is for racing beginners (meaning all of you guys who think you're experts at EA racing games). If you want real challenge, try the arcade game.

Bought Final Fantasy Type-0 HD now that it's out on Steam. Very grindy; got old quick. Back to Dragon Quest IX and Mega Man X6. Oh, yeah, also hyped for Shadowrun: Hong Kong. Dragonfall has the best writing I've seen in a video game since Planescape: Torment.

Surprisingly I wasn't bothered much by the graphics (nowmally I loathe PS1/N64 level graphics with a passion) but the gameplay was clunky and boring.

The story didn't feel all that amazing either.

I think you were just born too late. When it's just another 5 hour game to someone, the magic is gone and will never return. When it was released in 1998, it was a groundbreaking achievement in the medium. Today you can blast through the entire series in less than 40 hours back-to-back. The generations to come will never experience the series the way we did.

Bought Final Fantasy Type-0 HD now that it's out on Steam. Very grindy; got old quick. Back to Dragon Quest IX and Mega Man X6. Oh, yeah, also hyped for Shadowrun: Hong Kong. Dragonfall has the best writing I've seen in a video game since Planescape: Torment.

I think you were just born too late. When it's just another 5 hour game to someone, the magic is gone and will never return. When it was released in 1998, it was a groundbreaking achievement in the medium. Today you can blast through the entire series in less than 40 hours back-to-back. The generations to come will never experience the series the way we did.

Do FF Type-0 HD comes with Japanese voices?