What Video Games Are You Playing Right Now?

solidbatman

Alpha Centauri is such a classic. I really enjoyed how well developed the setting felt.

Too bad there are only six factions and no alien factions, and no other possible climates, still pretty damn good, a remake would be heavenly, but I have heard Beyond Earth is not that

AC should be remade (saying this even though it is my first time)

I've been playing Valkyria Chronicles 3 for the last few days. I finally got the English patch working and I've had a blast.

VC3 combines together everything that was good in the previous games. It has the advanced character customization and shorter missions from 2 and darker story akin to the first game.

The penal military unit is super interesting as a setting. It brings the grittiness of war seen in the first game to whole new level.

Once again all by best characters are girls, as there is nothing more satisfying than watching young girls blowing up tanks with machine guns.   

Guy, i hope you like za best girl, because there's only one best girl. 

Stopped playing Hand of fate, Great game with really good concept and mechanics, would recommend you buying it...but on a side note... this game has had me rage quit more times than playing dark souls....in some instances this game can go beyond dark souls....literally... In dark souls, you can at least heal or block,no healing or blocking in combat, the game also decides to debuff you...constantly and endlessly the further you progress into the game, some examples are: bad luck...the game makes it so you fail a lot more frequently... and it is a pain in the butt.....cowardice, so you can't choose anything related to combat during an encounter...and because certain encounters have a better result from combat rather than fleeing, this can get really annoying,  taking away your max hp pool.... we're just going to uhh,..take away....10...15..20...35..45% of your umm max hp...umm, here is a boss, GL , don't die, so to sum it up, Fabulously well done game that is fun to play, but be ready to rage quit very often as you proceed near end game, because the game will scrw you over very often.  Playing shadow Warrior now, first person hack and slash with guns, enough said 

Too bad there are only six factions and no alien factions, and no other possible climates, still pretty damn good, a remake would be heavenly, but I have heard Beyond Earth is not that

AC should be remade (saying this even though it is my first time)

You ought to be playing with the Alien Crossfire expansion pack. They added multiple factions, including two alien factions.

Guy, i hope you like za best girl, because there's only one best girl. 

How cares about the best girl, Amy or Gisele are my favorites

From the main ones, I went with Riela after thinking about it for 30 mins. That was a really hard choice, but in the end the combination of her personality, red hair and other pleasant physical qualities won me over.

No regrets 

I've been playing Valkyria Chronicles 3 for the last few days. I finally got the English patch working and I've had a blast.

VC3 combines together everything that was good in the previous games. It has the advanced character customization and shorter missions from 2 and darker story akin to the first game.

The penal military unit is super interesting as a setting. It brings the grittiness of war seen in the first game to whole new level.

Once again all by best characters are girls, as there is nothing more satisfying than watching young girls blowing up tanks with machine guns.   

The shorter missions and tiny map areas are why I hate 2. I played a little of 3, and while I like the darker story, I just can't stand switching between areas of the map. Sega effectively killed that series by putting it on PSP and having to step backwards, instead of building upon the first game by using a home console. 

The shorter missions and tiny map areas are why I hate 2. I played a little of 3, and while I like the darker story, I just can't stand switching between areas of the map. Sega effectively killed that series by putting it on PSP and having to step backwards, instead of building upon the first game by using a home console. 

I like the smaller maps because they less prone to the ambush bullshit that happened in VC1. At least in VC3 you can send reinforcements, whereas in 1 you had to restart the mission more often than not.

The smaller maps also allows for faster gameplay. Valkyria Chronicles is best when you are rushing objects with high risk, high rewards tactics. It's much less frustrating than the overly long missions in VC1.

Just played Tales from the Borderlands episode 3, was a bit meh, especialy compared to two previous awesome episodes.

Love story feels kinda forced, and story telling abit slow, but im still have faith in thisone ^_^

Slowly going through Valdis Story: Abyssal City, as well as Life is Strange.

So far, I really, really enjoy Valdis Story. It's like a beat em' up meets platform meets RPG. In both of the introductory characters Wyatt and Reina, or something like that, they both have a distinct feel. The combat is smooth and very enjoyable, especially boss fights. The only gripe I have is the platforming occasionally feels iffy.

Moving onto Life is Strange. When I first bought this I legit thought it was made my Telltales. As I loved the first season of TWD, and soon to play TWDS2, I was pretty excited to play Life is Strange. Going into it, I knew nothing at all and was met with a SE logo. Nothing wrong with that, I said OK, and moved on. 

After completing the first episode I don't know where I stand on the game. All of the characters feel solid and the story is making me want to get deeper into it. The thing that, as of now, that is holding the game back for me are the characters I said that were solid. The main character, Max, doesn't make sense to me sometimes. I realize it is a game, but she could have used her powers numerous times, especially, since she doesn't know of any repercussions, or thinks about them. Another is I honestly dislike Chloe so far. -Spoilers- I picked the option to save her from her step dad and say it was my weed. She then proceeded to pull out a gun that her step-dad asked her if she stole from him. Of course at the time she said she didn't. Now she is talking about going and popping a cap in Nathan Prescott. Like OK bitch too much for me.

Also, I am just a pretty judgy person, typically only in my head. So a lot of the characters I just don't like for pretty much no reason at all  :makina:

Slowly going through Valdis Story: Abyssal City, as well as Life is Strange.

So far, I really, really enjoy Valdis Story. It's like a beat em' up meets platform meets RPG. In both of the introductory characters Wyatt and Reina, or something like that, they both have a distinct feel. The combat is smooth and very enjoyable, especially boss fights. The only gripe I have is the platforming occasionally feels iffy.

Moving onto Life is Strange. When I first bought this I legit thought it was made my Telltales. As I loved the first season of TWD, and soon to play TWDS2, I was pretty excited to play Life is Strange. Going into it, I knew nothing at all and was met with a SE logo. Nothing wrong with that, I said OK, and moved on. 

After completing the first episode I don't know where I stand on the game. All of the characters feel solid and the story is making me want to get deeper into it. The thing that, as of now, that is holding the game back for me are the characters I said that were solid. The main character, Max, doesn't make sense to me sometimes. I realize it is a game, but she could have used her powers numerous times, especially, since she doesn't know of any repercussions, or thinks about them. Another is I honestly dislike Chloe so far. -Spoilers- I picked the option to save her from her step dad and say it was my weed. She then proceeded to pull out a gun that her step-dad asked her if she stole from him. Of course at the time she said she didn't. Now she is talking about going and popping a cap in Nathan Prescott. Like OK bitch too much for me.

Also, I am just a pretty judgy person, typically only in my head. So a lot of the characters I just don't like for pretty much no reason at all  :makina:

Oh yes...Valdis story is good, it have so much Castlevania feel in it, i completed game for both characters and just for me it felt like guy with sword is a bit easier (the last boss was pretty damn strong for both of em), and yes i liked the monk gameplay more.

As for the life is strange *light spoiler inside* i am completly agree with you, i dont like Chloe too, i think she is the one who will get you in serious troubles..the heck, she even may be the reason of that tornado. I remained hidden in that closet and i didnt saw that gun, but it will come up later and man, she stole a friggin gun, with an actual bullets and waving it around to have fun. Plus she is too excited about your powers, i wish there were option not to tell her...but oh well....instead we got option to hide it from this nice guy who have crush on Max. About Max..i actualy like her, but i got a feeling thers no happy end for her, maybe shes dead already, the whole time system gives me alot of Ghost Trick vibes (wich is amazing game btw). And her powers have a sideffect, so maybe thats why she dont overuse them. Also in the second episode, in shower on the mirror thers a link to Kate's club video...and there is actualy a site there...

This.

Forever.

Not only does it completely remix and make exciting again the best Final Fantasy, it even includes an Ancient Cave mode which is basically the Ancient Cave bit from Lufia 2, FF6 style. There is also an Ancient Cave romhack for Final Fantasy 5, but I don't feel confident enough in my knowledge of that game to attempt it.

So, like, you play through all of FF6 with everything (literally everything from colors to abilities to what magic each Esper gives you) randomized and then if you ever get tired of doing that you can do the 200+ floor randomized dungeon runs.

It's essentially the game no one who likes Final Fantasy should ever stop playing. I'm pretty sure I won't. Ever.

That is nuts. If I had more willpower, I would tear myself away from playing Destiny all the time and play that instead.

But I don't have willpower, so I'm still playing Destiny all the time.